This may be the wrong spot.. but when someone is selling an account and says to do it via gifting on paypal, is this legit or a scam? It seems like a way to have you send them free money...
Could be legit could be a scam. Gifting is good for sellers though. The seller doesn't need to pay a paypal fee. If it is a scam you can't dispute it so be careful.
If someone wants a gift from you, it's mostly a scam.
E****** Peoples always request a Gift from their Victim's, because they cant chargeback they Money after that.
This may be the wrong spot.. but when someone is selling an account and says to do it via gifting on paypal, is this legit or a scam? It seems like a way to have you send them free money...
Ok so ignore what most of these guys said so far, it's completely false. For example, people who demand payments in the form of a gift are just trying to ensure that they don't get scammed themselves because the buyer can't dispute a gift and scam the seller in that way, which can happen when there are expensive accounts involved.
Also, you can totally buy safe and legit accounts here on epvp too. It's all about taking the necessary precautions and picking your trade partners carefully. The other day I myself bought an account from a new member (acc info + original mail + support acc) and it was a super safe trade for both me and him.
For starters you should read on how to trade accounts safely.
I also suggest that for now you only trade with trusted account merchants like Beanerr (he also has a stickied guide on this subforum, you can't miss it).
buy accounts on ebay, pointless buying here, will 90% be recovered after some time..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Carry
Ok so ignore what most of these guys said so far, it's completely false. For example, people who demand payments in the form of a gift are just trying to ensure that they don't get scammed themselves because the buyer can't dispute a gift and scam the seller in that way, which can happen when there are expensive accounts involved.
Also, you can totally buy safe and legit accounts here on epvp too. It's all about taking the necessary precautions and picking your trade partners carefully. The other day I myself bought an account from a new member (acc info + original mail + support acc) and it was a super safe trade for both me and him.
For starters you should read on how to trade accounts safely.
I also suggest that for now you only trade with trusted account merchants like Beanerr (he also has a stickied guide on this subforum, you can't miss it).
Thanks.. I have to call my bank now though because i gifted and the guy scammed me...
You could open up a dispute on Paypal if you really wanted to but chances of winning it would be close to zero I'm afraid whenever gifting is involved. I don't think that your bank can help you either, but doesn't hurt to try.
You could open up a dispute on Paypal if you really wanted to but chances of winning it would be close to zero I'm afraid whenever gifting is involved. I don't think that your bank can help you either, but doesn't hurt to try. I hope it wasn't a serious amount of money.
....im an idiot. 200 dollars. I saw a lot of people saying gifting was how they did it and i fell for it. I'm hoping I can submit a chargeback since it was a bank of america credit card.. I'll just say it wasn't me if I have to. It's kinda ridiculous that people do this.
Yeah that's alot, there's a lot of scamming going on with expensive accounts, especially if the offer looks too good to be true. I would only buy something like that from a trusted account merchant, they often offer refunds or replacements if there are any problems.
Also, you don't really HAVE to buy an expensive platinum/diamond account. You can buy a great account in lower tiers and just pay to get it boosted. That's a much more safer option.
Yeah that's alot, there's a lot of scamming going on with expensive accounts, especially if the offer looks too good to be true. I would only buy something like that from a trusted account merchant, they often offer refunds or replacements if there are any problems.
Also, you don't really HAVE to buy an expensive platinum/diamond account. You can buy a great account in lower tiers and just pay to get it boosted. That's a much more safer option.
That makes sense.. But paying to get it boosted is more expensive :*
What are guidelines for sellers that you can trust? Like how can I know lol..
Obviously the biggest indicator is someone with a ton of positive feedback (XX/0/0) and you can also request a trusted middleman for high profile trades. The rest of the guidelines are in the above guide that I already linked to.
PayPal Payment Service! 11/17/2012 - Off Topic - 2 Replies Guten Tag Epvp User!
Ich biete Ihnen eine PayPal-Zahlung mit nur 2.50 Euro Aufschlag an!
Sie erhalten alle weiteren Informationen, wenn Sie mich anschreiben.
Kontakt:
Skype: Christopherlol3
E-Mail: [email protected]
LF duo ELO PUSH - payment with paypal 10/11/2012 - League of Legends Trading - 20 Replies Hi guys,
i looking for a guy powerlevel my elo in duo ranked (play with me)
i pay with paypal account verified
send me pm for offers, ty
WTB lvl 30 UNRANKED (EU) - Payment with Paypal 05/05/2012 - League of Legends Trading - 0 Replies Hi guys,
i looking for an account with lvl 30, i'm not interested at how much normal match have, but i want an account UNRANKED.
If u have some good skins i'm happy.
MOST IMPORTANT: i want with account the original E-MAIL u have create this account, for no scam way.
Payment with paypal
Pm for offers, thanks
[Help] You are not able to complete your payment with PayPal [Help] 12/02/2011 - Technical Support - 1 Replies Huhu Leute.
Ich habe auf meinen PayPal account eine Summe von 96,82€ gezahlt bekommen.
Jetzt wollte ich mit PayPal eine Summe von 50€ bezahlen nur jetzt steht dort:
" You are not able to complete your payment with PayPal "
Wieso funktioniert das nicht?
Was muss ich machen, dass das klappt?
Brauche Hilfe ._.