Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 20:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

paypal - gitfing payment?

Discussion on paypal - gitfing payment? within the League of Legends Trading forum part of the Other Online Games Trading category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
paypal - gitfing payment?

This may be the wrong spot.. but when someone is selling an account and says to do it via gifting on paypal, is this legit or a scam? It seems like a way to have you send them free money...
Old 04/28/2013, 02:23   #2 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

elite*gold: 15
The Black Market: 155/0/0
Could be legit could be a scam. Gifting is good for sellers though. The seller doesn't need to pay a paypal fee. If it is a scam you can't dispute it so be careful.
Old 04/28/2013, 02:25   #3 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

The Black Market: 139/0/0
If someone wants a gift from you, it's mostly a scam.
E****** Peoples always request a Gift from their Victim's, because they cant chargeback they Money after that.
Old 04/28/2013, 02:33   #4

*** this is so difficult. lol
Old 04/28/2013, 02:41   #5 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

The Black Market: 233/3/6
buy accounts on ebay, pointless buying here, will 90% be recovered after some time..
Old 04/28/2013, 02:45   #6

What if they offer the original email? and they could still recover from ebay then lol
Old 04/28/2013, 03:18   #7 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

The Black Market: 233/3/6
then u can get money back if it was on ebay
Old 04/28/2013, 04:50   #8 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

gifts can be recharget search google a bit , and u say you are great traders ^^
Old 04/28/2013, 05:05   #9 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by attackzack View Post
This may be the wrong spot.. but when someone is selling an account and says to do it via gifting on paypal, is this legit or a scam? It seems like a way to have you send them free money...
Ok so ignore what most of these guys said so far, it's completely false. For example, people who demand payments in the form of a gift are just trying to ensure that they don't get scammed themselves because the buyer can't dispute a gift and scam the seller in that way, which can happen when there are expensive accounts involved.

Also, you can totally buy safe and legit accounts here on epvp too. It's all about taking the necessary precautions and picking your trade partners carefully. The other day I myself bought an account from a new member (acc info + original mail + support acc) and it was a super safe trade for both me and him.

For starters you should read on how to trade accounts safely.

I also suggest that for now you only trade with trusted account merchants like Beanerr (he also has a stickied guide on this subforum, you can't miss it).
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/28/2013, 05:12   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyQueue View Post
buy accounts on ebay, pointless buying here, will 90% be recovered after some time..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Carry View Post
Ok so ignore what most of these guys said so far, it's completely false. For example, people who demand payments in the form of a gift are just trying to ensure that they don't get scammed themselves because the buyer can't dispute a gift and scam the seller in that way, which can happen when there are expensive accounts involved.

Also, you can totally buy safe and legit accounts here on epvp too. It's all about taking the necessary precautions and picking your trade partners carefully. The other day I myself bought an account from a new member (acc info + original mail + support acc) and it was a super safe trade for both me and him.

For starters you should read on how to trade accounts safely.

I also suggest that for now you only trade with trusted account merchants like Beanerr (he also has a stickied guide on this subforum, you can't miss it).
Thanks.. I have to call my bank now though because i gifted and the guy scammed me...
Old 04/28/2013, 05:18   #11 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

You could open up a dispute on Paypal if you really wanted to but chances of winning it would be close to zero I'm afraid whenever gifting is involved. I don't think that your bank can help you either, but doesn't hurt to try.

Was it a serious amount of money?
Old 04/28/2013, 05:20   #12

Quote:
You could open up a dispute on Paypal if you really wanted to but chances of winning it would be close to zero I'm afraid whenever gifting is involved. I don't think that your bank can help you either, but doesn't hurt to try. I hope it wasn't a serious amount of money.
....im an idiot. 200 dollars. I saw a lot of people saying gifting was how they did it and i fell for it. I'm hoping I can submit a chargeback since it was a bank of america credit card.. I'll just say it wasn't me if I have to. It's kinda ridiculous that people do this.
Old 04/28/2013, 05:27   #13 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

Yeah that's alot, there's a lot of scamming going on with expensive accounts, especially if the offer looks too good to be true. I would only buy something like that from a trusted account merchant, they often offer refunds or replacements if there are any problems.

Also, you don't really HAVE to buy an expensive platinum/diamond account. You can buy a great account in lower tiers and just pay to get it boosted. That's a much more safer option.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/28/2013, 05:32   #14

Quote:
Yeah that's alot, there's a lot of scamming going on with expensive accounts, especially if the offer looks too good to be true. I would only buy something like that from a trusted account merchant, they often offer refunds or replacements if there are any problems.

Also, you don't really HAVE to buy an expensive platinum/diamond account. You can buy a great account in lower tiers and just pay to get it boosted. That's a much more safer option.
That makes sense.. But paying to get it boosted is more expensive :*

What are guidelines for sellers that you can trust? Like how can I know lol..
Old 04/28/2013, 05:49   #15 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

Obviously the biggest indicator is someone with a ton of positive feedback (XX/0/0) and you can also request a trusted middleman for high profile trades. The rest of the guidelines are in the above guide that I already linked to.
Thanks
1 User