Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Joining e*pvp
You last visited: Today at 15:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Moderator Application for Browsergames

Discussion on Moderator Application for Browsergames within the Joining e*pvp forum part of the General category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 83
Received Thanks: 6,036

Hello everyone!

I am currently going to make my application for Moderator in the Browsergames section.

Contact me

If you wish to contact me, it is probably best to PM me here in e*pvp, as I tend to keep my other contacts private, such as Skype for example.

Basic Information and reason why I wanted to apply

But, here is some information if you wish to get to know me. Hello guys, most people know me online as Arby, I am currently 17 years old and I am studying BTEC IT (Double), Games Design and Media Studies. The reason I am applying for the Browsergames section is that as from what I can see, it looks like that they need an extra Moderator there due to the increased workload they have to do. The time it can take for something to happen can take some time, sometimes it isn't too bad at certain times, however, the spam, malware and so forth can stay there for a while.

Have you had any experience?

I have had quite a lot of experience in the browsergames genre, I have been into that genre for quite a few years now and I have ventured into a lot of forums and websites about this particular genre. I do have a reasonable amount of experience in the particular sections as well.

For Dark Orbit I have played that game for a few years, but I have stopped now, so I am a bit behind. However, I have been working on trying to catch up to see what is going on and getting to know the in's and out's of the area.
I wouldn't say I have the most experience about the game, but I would say that I have enough to help the majority of people there.

For Seafight, I wouldn't say I have played that game a lot. However, I did play it briefly when it started up. I am aware that I haven't got a lot of experience in the game, but when some people do need help I am willing and able to search up and get an accurate answer if possible.

For Facebook, I wouldn't say I'm massively into it. Neither am I into the hacking side of it either per sé, but I do have an interest into how they do it and how it all works.

For everything else, I tend to have quite a decent knowledge base for it all, and I personally believe I am quite good at helping people.

Would I personally believe I am mentally able for such a position?

I would personally believe so, I see myself as quite a helpful user who is willing to listen and take in criticism and act upon it. I also believe I am quite calm during a lot of situations, I think this is a very important characteristic for someone to be a Moderator as there are times for when insults maybe thrown around or when someone asks a silly question which people may laugh at. But it is understandable so I will always try to redirect them to the best place to look and give them as much information I know about it.
I would personally say my knowledge about people is quite good, I am willing to listen during critical times and give friendly advice to those who need it.

I am aware that I don't post too much, I personally do this because I don't feel that it is necessary to post the same answer more than once, along with this, I believe that if someone did something against the rules, I would rather report it than post stating that I reported them. I would consider that I report quite a lot and I have been increasing in activity.

Past experience?

I have been a Moderator here for roughly a year, however I did retire due to real life issues because I did not want anything to conflict which each other.

I have been a Moderator in the browsergames section for roughly 10 months, along with the Conquer Online and Dekaron section for roughly 1 to 3 months.

If anyone wishes to look at my previous application, you may do so here

Thank you to everyone for reading this application and I hope you have a great day. Also I hope you are able to provide some feedback.
Thanks
10 Users
Old 04/01/2014, 19:56   #2

elite*gold: LOCKED
Received Thanks: 1,844
Nothing else to say here, you've done a fabulous job in the past and I am sure you will also, in future. I like your attitude. I've enjoyed your application, It is well-written. Good to know that your increasing your activity.
Old 04/01/2014, 20:06   #3

elite*gold: 558
The Black Market: 296/0/0
Received Thanks: 10,536
Come aboard.
Old 04/01/2014, 21:49   #4

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 5,717
Yes from me.
Old 04/02/2014, 07:52   #5

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,397
Definitely yes from me too. I've known you for a long time... before you were even a mod. In my opinion, you were from ''the'' few people that were always polite and did a job well done, something that it is not by any means easy to accomplice. This forum needs to have you as a mod for once more
Old 04/02/2014, 11:23   #6

elite*gold: 325
Received Thanks: 8,717

I see what you did there.
Oh youuuu
You fit perfectly.
Old 04/02/2014, 13:44   #7

elite*gold: 4
The Black Market: 142/0/0
I also can say: Yes.

You're an active and helpfully User and you were already in the team, so this proves, that you bring the necessary experience.
Old 04/02/2014, 15:15   #8

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
There isn't any reasons I can think of why you shouldn't be a moderator.

It's a yes from me
Old 04/02/2014, 15:31   #9

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 4,375
Arby, you were one of the best moderators I've ever met during my time in the Browsergames section, I really enjoyed your patience, friendliness and humility.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/02/2014, 19:14   #10

elite*gold: 113
The Black Market: 133/2/0
Received Thanks: 4,449
Yes, all the way!
If you're not the perfect person for this position, then no one is
Old 04/02/2014, 20:11   #11
ベトナム警察

elite*gold: 725
The Black Market: 517/0/0