Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Joining e*pvp
You last visited: Today at 10:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Application] CO2 Mod.

Discussion on [Application] CO2 Mod. within the Joining e*pvp forum part of the General category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Application] CO2 Mod.

Contact data:

I would like to apply for the CO2 section as moderator. I'm 23 years old and I have been around here for almost 5-6 years now.

What is the reason for your application?

My reason of application is mainly dealing with the carelesness of the CO2 section. I would rather have to clean up the section instead of debating as a hypocrite about the responsibilities of a moderator and actually return extra help to the community.

Experience with the subject: (What experience do you have with MMOs and the game or the subject in particular? How long have you been dealing with the subject?):

I have quite a lot of experience with CO2 development (private server and hack area) and I have been playing it since it's first launch (as CO 1.0).
When it comes to helping, I'm glad to help out anyone whenever I can. Therefore I think I would be beneficial to the community not only when it comes to knowledge but also maintaining the forums.

Are you mentally prepared and fitting for such a position? (How do you see yourself? Can you handle questions which seem to be stupid? How about your knowledge of people in general?)

If I had to be honest and I had to say I am able to maintain myself completely when "dumb" questions are posed, I wouldn't be telling the truth.
However when it comes to authority and having responsibilities I would surely be able to resolve the question. I don't believe a question is stupid/dumb, I rather question the sense of logic of the OP.
Unfortunately I have no experience when it comes to moderating and that's why I see it as a challenge.

I hope to receive positive feedback.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 10/03/2012, 23:47   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,122
YES. PLEASE YES! We really need a person like you as a moderator. You'd be perfect for the section!
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/03/2012, 23:52   #3

Yes why not ^_^
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/03/2012, 23:54   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
YES. PLEASE YES! We really need a person like you as a moderator. You'd be perfect for the section!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_PoP View Post
Yes why not ^_^
I'm glad you and anyone else that said yes support my application and my position as moderator in the CO2 community.
Old 10/04/2012, 15:11   #5

elite*gold: 28
Supported. e*pvp would be retarded to say no.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/04/2012, 20:29   #6

elite*gold: 83
Received Thanks: 6,036
You have no reports?

Okay, this is my opinion. Your application is okay, which is a good thing.
Looking at your posts, it shows it has a distance between each other, by what I mean is, by looking at your posts, it doesn't show a lot of activity (you are active...but not that active)

You seem like a nice person, which is always a plus in my view. And you don't have any infractions/warnings.

Personally what I think you should do:
  • Report more. Having no reports isn't a super bad thing. But showing you report is showing that you are active. And you are helping the mods there already, also helping that you understand the rules (not saying you don't)
    It just gives a sense on how you see things in a way.

• Post more (when you can). This just helps overall. I'm not saying you should have a bigger post count, I'm saying that by posting a bit more, it shows that you are active and will be a good mod.

• Start small? In my opinion, try going for Guardian first.

At the moment, I'm going to give you a no.
But I still wish you good luck!
Thanks
6 Users
Old 10/04/2012, 20:57   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearful™ View Post
You have no reports?

Looking at your posts, it shows it has a distance between each other, by what I mean is, by looking at your posts, it doesn't show a lot of activity (you are active...but not that active)

You seem like a nice person, which is always a plus in my view. And you don't have any infractions/warnings.

• Report more. Having no reports isn't a super bad thing. But showing you report is showing that you are active. And you are helping the mods there already, also helping that you understand the rules (not saying you don't)

• Post more (when you can). This just helps overall. I'm not saying you should have a bigger post count, I'm saying that by posting a bit more, it shows that you are active and will be a good mod.

I applied for Guardian about 3 months ago, PM'd admins many times, They didn't even have the ***** to say I didn't get it. Just ignored it.
Old 10/04/2012, 23:22   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearful™ View Post
You have no reports?

I have had the position of Guardian already so thanks. And I'm positive I have done some reports in the past. I'm actually quite sure I would do the job just fine and if you look at my actual recent threads they are more than helpful.
Old 10/08/2012, 22:52   #9

Yes,Lateralus is never online, so we could use a "Moderator" who is online more often, such as John, he is doing so good at being a co2 mod. Anyways if you do get accepted make sure you are online more.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/10/2012, 22:02   #10

elite*gold: 130
No doubt, if he gets accepted I am sure he will fit in the job more than fine.
A big YES of me. ^^
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/10/2012, 22:59   #11

Received Thanks: 2,411
Yes, I've seen him active on the CO2 forum when I browse back there on occasion.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/11/2012, 19:19   #12

bump. Admins of e*pvp you've got the opinions of anyone in the CO2 community whos opinion means something, why is he not mod yet?

I think if you look it is more than clear he is fit for the job, I've known him for a stupidly long time, from when I'd ask him how to do this and ask for spoon feed, he never went off his nut at me, Simply pointed me in the right direction of learning.

Mod him.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/11/2012, 22:58   #13

Perhaps they haven't added him yet because he doesn't qualify to become a mod? According to the new rules no mods can be staff of a Private Server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dread
As a moderator here you are not allowed to be a staff member of private server projects

According to this post, he is staff of an active private server development team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmuneOne
We're looking for art designers for a co2 psrv project the options we offer when modding are limitless. Anyone interested can leave a message here or leave me a private message for my msn addr to discuss the details.

Honestly, I don't think the rule is valid as most of the people who DO qualify either own or work for a server. That's how most people learned to start with. But in the end, rules are rules.
Old 10/12/2012, 14:06   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekru View Post
Perhaps they haven't added him yet because he doesn't qualify to become a mod? According to the new rules no mods can be staff of a Private Server.

According to this post, he is staff of an active private server development team.

Honestly, I don't think the rule is valid as most of the people who DO qualify either own or work for a server. That's how most people learned to start with. But in the end, rules are rules.
If you really knew me you would know I have this bad habit of not finishing my projects. Anyway I'm not "actively" working on a running private server, am I?
Old 10/12/2012, 18:51   #15

You don't have to be on any actively running server, The rule states staff member of private server projects.

So therefore, as long as you are working on a project, public, private, for someone else, you are NOT qualified to become mod.