Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Joining e*pvp
You last visited: Today at 10:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Application form [CO2]

Discussion on Application form [CO2] within the Joining e*pvp forum part of the General category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Talking Application form [CO2]

Email:

Why do you want to be moderator?
Well, I enjoy helping out as many people as possible in the section. Produced some guides which seem to be appreciated aswell Also hoping to get back into coding

How much experience do you have with CO2?
I've played various servers for the last two and a half years and been succesful on all characters. I know the game inside out

Do you have enough time to visit the board averaged two days and to take an interest in the forum?
Uhm, if possible check my login times I'm on for average 2/3hrs a day checking out new threads and reviewing older ones. I have a very active interest in the forums.

Do you took part there before you sent your application?
Written a few guides and released a chat spammer before I lost VB Always helping out with the majority of threads.

Do you have a lot of patience with questions that you think are very stupid?
Hell yeah In general i'm a very easy-going person so I have no problem answering questions which have been asked repeatedly. Some people just dont bother searching but im trying to push the page at people

Can you act good in general with other human beings?
Yep irl I work in sales so I know how to react and treat people with respect. Everyone deserves a decent answer.

Did you ever operate as a moderator before?
I was a mod at the neuronic penguin forums (Linux discussion) for 3 yrs and I've been one at a local-affairs one for the past 6months.
Old 02/27/2008, 15:18   #2

Peter? xD
I thought you were female.

Anyway.. the co forums recently already got 3 new mods.. why would we need another?
Old 02/28/2008, 12:36   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushyPeas View Post
Peter? xD
I thought you were female.

Anyway.. the co forums recently already got 3 new mods.. why would we need another?
lol Peter is my boyfriend I use his email for stuff so i dont get spam in my own

Well i've noticed not all mods come on every day... whereas I can I can also answer most of the questions asked in the section... not saying some of the mods cant Me = Very Active + Knowledgable in CO, plus I just got VB back! Oh, and i obsessively use the emoticons
Old 02/28/2008, 21:40   #4

I think your Application don't looks seriously because of these smileys.
More text and No smileys, that's my tip^^
Old 02/29/2008, 21:20   #5

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,066
Hey vert. It doesnt matter if mods arent on everyday, as long as they are active or check up every 2 or so days.
And Future and Bone-You are on quite a lot.

My only real reason for me saying no to your application is that you are not part of the CO2 Underground and if you were to become a mod then you would get instant acess and rights in the section.

All the CO2 Underground section members and myself have discussed the issue of modding and who should get modding possitions, and we came to a conclusion of Future, Bone-You and Evanxxxm.

Sorry...but my vote is
[X] No

Hiyoal
Old 02/29/2008, 22:04   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiyoal View Post
Hey vert. It doesnt matter if mods arent on everyday, as long as they are active or check up every 2 or so days.

My only real reason for me saying no to your application is that you are not part of the CO2 Underground and if you were to become a mod then you would get instant acess and rights in the section.

All the CO2 Underground section members and myself have discussed the issue of modding and who should get modding possitions, and we came to a conclusion of Future, Bone-You and Evanxxxm.

Sorry...but my vote is
[X] No

Hiyoal
That's not really all true.. we only discussed about the fact we needed new mods, then a couple of them decided to fill in an application.
They weren't so much chosen, they wanted to become mods.

I vote Yes to cancel out the negative vote
Old 03/01/2008, 00:33   #7

Received Thanks: 2,525
DarkCronicLe@
yea and about the "smileys" thingy, thats quite normal
girls...are like that
i was helping my girl friend to grammer check her email to her professor
less than 10 sentences...i see more than 5 T_T, ^_^, =) etc......

-----
since this forum has implanted "activity" and "longevity", we can use it as an example to see who is active or not. although this doesnt really tell if the mod is doing a good job or not, at least we can see he spends time to care. since this is a new function, the datas display fairly (before any cheating on datas involved) on the average efforts of this month.

and well done both of u, thats what i am expecting to be a mod active spending time

and if most people voted yes, and the reason for u cant be mod is because of too many mods
i will be more gladly to switch with a blood boiled person
Old 03/01/2008, 01:58   #8

Received Thanks: 1,066
Quote:
That's not really all true.. we only discussed about the fact we needed new mods, then a couple of them decided to fill in an application.

I suppose they were the wrong words to use. I stand corrected that we did not "Choose" who the mods were, but we still did talk about all the concerns we had with new moderators and we also supported the ones who signed up.

But I stand by my main point:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiyoal
My only real reason for me saying no to your application is that you are not part of the CO2 Underground and if you were to become a mod then you would get instant access and rights in the section.
We already have enough as it is (in the list anyway) and Bone-You, Future and Evanxxxm have contributed greatly to the site in which they were awarded the position of becomming a mod.

Maybe later on Vert,

Vote is still No

Hiyoal
Old 03/01/2008, 10:42   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCronicLe View Post
I think your Application don't looks seriously because of these smileys.
More text and No smileys, that's my tip^^
I can't help it! They're just so fun... PLUS they make everyone smile

Quote:

Sorry...but my vote is
[X] No

Hiyoal
Fair enough But, tbh the only reason I wanted to be a mod was so that I could help people out a little better, not for the Underground section... Not even sure what exactly is in there Guessing loads of dev threads lol

Quote:

Thanks, and I see Hiyo's point about their contributions... I havent really done much in the way of tools/hacks, i'll work on some and get back to you guys about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanxxxm View Post
DarkCronicLe@
yea and about the "smileys" thingy, thats quite normal
girls...are like that
i was helping my girl friend to grammer check her email to her professor
less than 10 sentences...i see more than 5 T_T, ^_^, =) etc......

-----
since this forum has implanted "activity" and "longevity", we can use it as an example to see who is active or not. although this doesnt really tell if the mod is doing a good job or not, at least we can see he spends time to care. since this is a new function, the datas display fairly (before any cheating on datas involved) on the average efforts of this month.

and well done both of u, thats what i am expecting to be a mod active spending time

and if most people voted yes, and the reason for u cant be mod is because of too many mods
i will be more gladly to switch with a blood boiled person
I'm not blood boiled Just thought i'd give modding a go xD

Quote:
I suppose they were the wrong words to use. I stand corrected that we did not "Choose" who the mods were, but we still did talk about all the concerns we had with new moderators and we also supported the ones who signed up.

But I stand by my main point:

We already have enough as it is (in the list anyway) and Bone-You, Future and Evanxxxm have contributed greatly to the site in which they were awarded the position of becomming a mod.

Maybe later on Vert,

Vote is still No

Hiyoal
Uhm, okay... well after considering what everyone has said I completely understand... I'd still like to be mod but if there are currently too many/I havent done enough work on the 'tool' contribution parts then I guess ill just have to work a little harder for a few weeks/months and see about being promoted when I'm done

Thanks all Currently away from my laptop but whenI get back ill see what kinda stuff I feel like releasing If i don't feel like releasing something publically i'll PM one of the mods a link to them (probably hiyoal or mushy) Thankyou, and Goodnight x
Old 03/01/2008, 13:27   #10

elite*gold: 10
I just say...
Your activity is almost as bad as a1blaster ;o
Old 03/01/2008, 19:18   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by )©_©( View Post
I just say...
Your activity is almost as bad as a1blaster ;o
Which I don't understand... Im on literally every single day... and posting every single day too... Someone explain why my activity is so low?
Old 03/01/2008, 20:08   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vert1go View Post
Which I don't understand... Im on literally every single day... and posting every single day too... Someone explain why my activity is so low?
If you're on and post every day the system figures you can't be very active irl, that explains the low value
*No rly idk how its calculated xD*
Old 03/01/2008, 20:32   #13

Quote:
If you're on and post every day the system figures you can't be very active irl, that explains the low value
*No rly idk how its calculated xD*
I do plenty irl you cheeky git! I gots work annd college and netball and then there's saturday nights! Which is why i'm not gonna be posting tonight, as of 15 mins or so Ciao for now pplz, see y'all in about 17hrs
Old 03/02/2008, 01:20   #14

Received Thanks: 2,525
i am not sure about this system
but in mine forum system
if u stay in forum more than 10mins, it saves one time record
time+=10
so very unfortunately, if u only visits my forum for few mins each time, its not going to record u
activity related post count per day (avg in a month)
longevity related to online time per day (avg in a month)
i think
Old 03/02/2008, 01:28   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanxxxm View Post
i am not sure about this system
but in mine forum system
if u stay in forum more than 10mins, it saves one time record
time+=10
so very unfortunately, if u only visits my forum for few mins each time, its not going to record u
activity related post count per day (avg in a month)
longevity related to online time per day (avg in a month)
i think

offtopic

that means if we stay 24/7 online, the longetivity thingy is full xD
Closed Thread