Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 12:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Free] HotS-Bot

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Free] HotS-Bot

Hello everyone,

as some of you allready have noticed flumios great hots bot is not longer supported by him.

So I am creating a free bot for hots which uses image recognition. Depending on the help I get it will make its decisions based on a neural network or on a rule set.

Project setup:
Java client (Bot will be usable on Windows and Mac with one codebase).
UML for the class structure.
Gui with JavaFX.
Git as the code repo.

What is working atm:
- Config reader (hots config & own config)
- Starting launcher and game
- Map recognition
- Character level recognition
- Very very basic character movement (rule based)

If you want to join the development team please contact me.
You should have solid Java and english skills and bring some time for the project.

Updates
Last week of my holiday. Next week I will post detailed information about the project status. For now I can say that things take a little longer because we are working only with 3 developers atm. The other ones which offered their help in this thread didn't respond to my messages or haven't pushed a single change to the project in the last 3 weeks.
Meanwhile the developers which are active made some very good progress. Atm one is working on VFSM (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virt...-state_machine) which will improve the internal logic of handling different game states. We are able to figure out with those state machines what the bot should do next.
Example: The character is on very low health, there is a low ceep and a active objective. What should be done first? Of cause first step is to port back but then?? The decision made will be influenced by the position of the team members as well of their live as well on the (known) enemie position. So we create a mathematical system to determine the best next step. That system will of cause take some time but we will try to give you a basic playing bot in the near future (will go in a lane and farm). This will of cause be nothing you want to run in a quick match or even in competitive but we'll get there.
I was working in the holiday on some heavy encryption stuff which we need to protect you from getting banned. I will go in details about our encryption systems if some of you Are interested in it :P
Meanwhile the work on the GUI is continuing. We have done the first mockups, have chosen the color palette and are now planing the different windows and their text (which we will need for the transition later)

Thanks
9 Users
Old 04/05/2017, 23:23   #2

I'm a Junior programmer but I would like to help if you have any function for me.

Ty

Old 04/06/2017, 03:42   #3

I Would like to test out the program when you have a early build
Old 04/06/2017, 11:41   #4

@ Schattengest pm is out.
@ darks4player I will provide you with a (very) early build propably after the weekend.

Old 04/06/2017, 12:54   #5

i would also do some testing, feel free to contact me
Old 04/06/2017, 14:01   #6

hey there.
working in a SW dev company, in QA. can virtually test on any osx&win environment.
Can help you with qualified testing.
Regards,
Old 04/07/2017, 09:19   #7

While i'm not a programmer or anything, I'd love to put your bot to the test. the last free bot was pretty handy.
Old 04/08/2017, 05:29   #8

Hello there. I'm a senior Java developer with 10+ coding years behind. My English level is intermediate. Let me know if you need a hand in dev or testing.
Old 04/09/2017, 16:03   #9

@ k1162817 pm is out
Old 04/12/2017, 15:37   #10

i'm not a programmer/coder, but i'd like to extend some support in some way.
Old 04/13/2017, 16:02   #11

any updates so far ?
Old 04/13/2017, 22:22   #12

This is great to see someone taking up the mantle after flumio. I cant really help with coding or anything like that but i am always ready and willing to test any builds you manage to get up and running let me know anytime.
Old 04/14/2017, 15:37   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf69 View Post
any updates so far ?
I post any update in my first post.
Currently I am in holiday, but the development still continues.
One member of the team is working on the GUI while an other member is working on multithreaded algorithms for the picture recognition. Both things will need some time as we want to make sure we have the best possible solution.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/20/2017, 21:22   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero334 View Post
I post any update in my first post.
Currently I am in holiday, but the development still continues.
One member of the team is working on the GUI while an other member is working on multithreaded algorithms for the picture recognition. Both things will need some time as we want to make sure we have the best possible solution.
good to hear ppl with the right skills are on it.... if there's anything a no skilled pleb like me can do for the project. let me know. greetings
Old 04/22/2017, 14:04   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf69 View Post
good to hear ppl with the right skills are on it.... if there's anything a no skilled pleb like me can do for the project. let me know. greetings
Maybe later there will be some work like GUI translation if you know any language which we don't speak in the dev team (We speak fluently English, French, German, Russian, Spanish and Portuguese). Or maybe something else, like creating a tutorial video?! Be creative