Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 15:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Free] HotS-Bot

Discussion on [Free] HotS-Bot within the Heroes of the Storm forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old 05/22/2017, 11:54   #46

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero334 View Post
See the case with Bossland who have to pay millions.
With all due respect, you may have not read the whole story. From what I understood :
  • Bossland was indeed deemed guilty of infringing Blizzard's copyrights by the Californian Court of Justice, because of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act that states, among other things, that spreading software (or other) intended to circumvent measures that control access to copyrighted works is illegal. I.e : bypassing protections (cracking an encryption or an anti-hack for example) of Overwatch for a wallhack.

=> This does not apply here, since simply recognizing images and clicking stuff is nothing like manipulating the game's code or even trying to bypass any sort of protection, even less infringing copyrights. You are doing everything the exact way you are supposed to, by using the game's user interface, not even cracking anything.
  • Germany's Bundesgerichtshof (Federal Court of Justice) found Bossland guilty of putting other players at a competitive disadvantage (using a bot to dodge skillshots, wallhacking, gathering higher-level items through botting and thus being stronger in PvP...) and unbalancing games' economies (think of WoW gold-gathering bots).

=> There is no competitive disadvantage induced by a program that simply earns experience and gold as long as none of these are required in any way to "be competitive". If Blizzard were to state otherwise, then it would mean they confessed HotS is a pay-to-win game... and they cannot do that, first because it would be extremely far-fetched, second because it would destroy their reputation ("Blizz makes pay-to-win games" or "Blizz lies to judges"). As for the game's economy, it is simply void, as trading between players is impossible. Read : it does not matter whether you have 1,000,000,000 gold on your account, as you cannot do anything with it.

Blizzard could only ever be bothered by a substantial loss of profit. As such, Flumio's program could never be targeted, because it was available to a very small number of players who probably would not spend much were they not to have a bot anyway (for example, I will not spend a cent on Blizzard's games, ever, whatever happens, whatever the promotion, mostly because it is utterly useless. When I spend on cosmetic stuff, it is either paintings, jewellery or figures of my favourite anime characters. You know, real stuff).
I honestly doubt there is any risk of Blizzard even being interested in such a program. Just copy Flumio's ways to reduce the number of users, and everything will be fine. I mean, come on, why would Blizzard engage in an endless justice duel that they are not sure they can win, that will cost them |^@-tons of money, will only ever earn them a few dollars at most, and won't possibly better their image ?

Blizzard attacking the developers of a simple, free bot that does not dodge skillshots, nor does it take objectives, nor does it use any ability combo, nor does it do anything particularly well, used by (let's say) a maximum of 300 people who cannot even make a profit through selling gold or items or anything... Players would find it no less than laughable, and the company must know that very well.
"Blizz sues 300 players who did not want to pay their skins". Laughing out loud xD

As a conclusion : they still cannot do anything worse than ban a few accounts. Worry not ;3

Edit : I might as well add that Blizz would first have to figure out who you are, which would be a bother in itself.
Old 05/22/2017, 19:27   #47

elite*gold: 50
toBstoH - Heroes of the Storm 2.0 vs AI BOT
Twinkie HotS 2.0 Bot

I think this two guys will not stay long at this projects till blizzard start contact them with really bad information's.
And yes its easy to get them personality, just do a donation to the Paypal accounts and you get all you need.
The next one is they sell a "paid version" of the bot as donation (this mean you get no other chance to get them), it also takes not much time till Paypal will contact them doe to make "business" and abuse donates, and this will come danger.

All in one, doing this public is a hard and danger way when they dont know what they are doing. I can talk about my self experience.
Thanks
1 User