Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Guild Wars > GW Bots
You last visited: Today at 13:37

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Finding the packetSend function in ollydbg

Discussion on Finding the packetSend function in ollydbg within the GW Bots forum part of the Guild Wars category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Finding the packetSend function in ollydbg

Hello,

since the somewhat bigger update a few weeks ago, they seem to have changed the PacketSend function. The former pattern: 0x55, 0x8B, 0xEC, 0x83, 0xEC, 0x2C, 0x53, 0x56, 0x57, 0x8B, 0xF9, 0x85 does not work anymore.

I do not want to send packets myself, I would rather just this function to set a breakpoint to it, in order to find the various ingame functions like Move, UseSkill, DropItem etc. and call those via inline assembly.

Does anyone have a working search pattern or can help me out with a concept to find the packetSend function myself?

Yours sincerely
Old 03/09/2019, 20:31   #2

\x55\x8B\xEC\x83\xEC\x2C\x53\x56\x57\x8B\xF9\x85
Your Pattern is fine.

You can also use this tool to search for Header ...

cheers
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/09/2019, 22:27   #3

Hm strange, it actually is. I just tried it again and now it works. There must have been a repeated typo during the binary search in olly. Maybe it is time for glasses?
Thank you once again!

Similar Threads Similar Threads
[How To]Locate "PacketSend"-Function in nearly every game
07/17/2019 - Metin2 Guides & Templates - 6 Replies
English translation Hey epvp, in the following im going to show you how to locate the function which is for sending packets + what you are getting out of it. I will use metin2 client as example, but also independently of metin2. That means you can also use this methods to reverse other games. I know the metin2 source is already public and with that there are much more easy ways to locate the send function in this game, but in this tutorial I dont care about that and do it the hard...
can someone help me in reversing game packetsend function?
10/30/2015 - Aion - 3 Replies
thanks in advance
std::function of a function returning an std::function
11/11/2013 - C/C++ - 19 Replies
Nun muss ich nach langer Zeit auch mal wieder einen Thread erstellen, weil mir Google nicht mehr weiterhelfen kann. Ich verzweifle an Folgendem Vorhaben: #include <Windows.h> #include <string> #include <iostream> using namespace std;
[Ollydbg] Jump Function
03/21/2011 - CO2 Programming - 7 Replies
Hello, Im trying to inject dll to do a simple jump... look it... would like to know if this is the jump function and if the offset and pointer its right, at my image i think that is the jump function... http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5695/jump1.jpg
finding a function's address...
01/20/2010 - General Coding - 1 Replies
currently im trying to find notepad.exe function to create a new file! ok so i've loaded notepad.exe into ida and it disassembeled it but to the left in my function window it has no function names.....and i dont understand assembly so i cant interpret which one is the create a new file function for notepad....how am i able to find the function's address in ollyDBG or possibly IDA without knowing assembly....or do i have to know it either way to find the function if its not posted explicitly...