Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Guild Wars
You last visited: Today at 00:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Got Banned? Report here!

Discussion on Got Banned? Report here! within the Guild Wars forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 01/10/2020, 16:20   #16

elite*gold: 0
on the first ban, they caught me live while farming - due to creating a brand new account on the same day i was using my dirty little helpers.

got unbanned shortly after.

3 weeks later i got banned again - tho i completely stopped using any kind of scripts. it just got triggered by me logging into my 7 accounts in a timeframe of 24 hours. i maybe used the accounts for a total amount of 20 minutes in the 3 weeks between both bans.

accounts that traded with my banned accounts did not see any consequences, since the trades happened outside of the 24 hour timeframe.

from my experience it's mainly related to IP addresses and character creation.

also: post your story on reddit too

Old 01/17/2020, 22:14   #17

My case:
I was banned around halloweenish/thanksgivingish 2019 for 045 "botting or 3rd party program".
The GMs in my tickets reaffirmed my ban was for "botting or 3rd party program".
My ban will not be overturned, I have submitted numerous tickets, all using an unban service.
I do not bot, nor have I ever botted. Although i appreciate bots keeping everything cheap.
I only had 1 account (my main) until the day I was banned (where I created an account for storage only).

I have purchased gold from goldseller's maybe around halloweenish/wintersdayish 2018 (almost a full year before my ban) when i was returning to the game, maybe around 100ecto. I have done some osrs <-> gw1 swaps in the past from people spamming in kamadan, all just so I can have enough ecto/arms to play the game. The last time i did a swap was probably middish 2019. A friend also gave me around 30 arms maybe around mid 2019? And i paypalled him some cash, all contact through discord, he is not a goldseller, perse, he just quit the game. I have used GWTB regularly since i came back into the game, dont see a problem with that. I use a VPN from time to time. Near the time of my ban I was connected to many different servers in a single day. About a month before my ban i would AFK overnight with heroes at zos shivros, and for some reason i would /useskill overnight even though its not necessary, probably nothing wrong with that. One day before ban i was experimenting with uMod. The day of my ban i purchased a NF key (i believe from Kinguin.net) and created an account solely for storage. I was also using GW Launcher, because I wanted to login to both accounts of course. Within a few hours of having this new account, i was banned on both accounts. On the storage account i only submitted 1 ticket to no avail. It was banned for same reason as my main.

There's nothing else that would get me banned besides the occasional trolling in kamadan, maybe ripping people off (not scamming, they were simply on the bad side of a trade, fully aware of the situation, we've all been there).
I am bamboozled because the only thing really wrong with how i played is buying gold, which was a significant time before my ban.
DrStephen has said the following on reddit:
"There is no automated banning bot."
"I talked to CS and every ban is examined by a human."
These statements are hard to believe. It is really hard to find any kind of correlation with the bans.

RIP my account since before NF was even released . Fuck you Anet .
Pretty undeserved if you ask me, unlike some of you fuckers l0lz .
Old 01/20/2020, 10:54   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TetherYoMomma View Post
My case:
I was banned around halloweenish/thanksgivingish 2019 for 045 "botting or 3rd party program".
The GMs in my tickets reaffirmed my ban was for "botting or 3rd party program".
My ban will not be overturned, I have submitted numerous tickets, all using an unban service.
I do not bot, nor have I ever botted. Although i appreciate bots keeping everything cheap.
I only had 1 account (my main) until the day I was banned (where I created an account for storage only).

I have purchased gold from goldseller's maybe around halloweenish/wintersdayish 2018 (almost a full year before my ban) when i was returning to the game, maybe around 100ecto. I have done some osrs <-> gw1 swaps in the past from people spamming in kamadan, all just so I can have enough ecto/arms to play the game. The last time i did a swap was probably middish 2019. A friend also gave me around 30 arms maybe around mid 2019? And i paypalled him some cash, all contact through discord, he is not a goldseller, perse, he just quit the game. I have used GWTB regularly since i came back into the game, dont see a problem with that. I use a VPN from time to time. Near the time of my ban I was connected to many different servers in a single day. About a month before my ban i would AFK overnight with heroes at zos shivros, and for some reason i would /useskill overnight even though its not necessary, probably nothing wrong with that. One day before ban i was experimenting with uMod. The day of my ban i purchased a NF key (i believe from Kinguin.net) and created an account solely for storage. I was also using GW Launcher, because I wanted to login to both accounts of course. Within a few hours of having this new account, i was banned on both accounts. On the storage account i only submitted 1 ticket to no avail. It was banned for same reason as my main.

There's nothing else that would get me banned besides the occasional trolling in kamadan, maybe ripping people off (not scamming, they were simply on the bad side of a trade, fully aware of the situation, we've all been there).
I am bamboozled because the only thing really wrong with how i played is buying gold, which was a significant time before my ban.
DrStephen has said the following on reddit:
"There is no automated banning bot."
"I talked to CS and every ban is examined by a human."
These statements are hard to believe. It is really hard to find any kind of correlation with the bans.

RIP my account since before NF was even released . Fuck you Anet .
Pretty undeserved if you ask me, unlike some of you fuckers l0lz .
Instead of crying write to Anet what happened. I got banned week ago and after 4 hours got unbanned on 2 accs. GL
Old 01/20/2020, 23:58   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzejdzej43 View Post
Instead of crying write to Anet what happened. I got banned week ago and after 4 hours got unbanned on 2 accs. GL
Are you blind? Read the 4th line in my original post.
Old 01/21/2020, 10:01   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TetherYoMomma View Post
Are you blind? Read the 4th line in my original post.
Write again. if u gave up after first msg to anet i can only clap my hands and wish u good luck xD. Write and write and write and write. What u dont understand
Old 01/21/2020, 22:17   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzejdzej43 View Post
Write again. if u gave up after first msg to anet i can only clap my hands and wish u good luck xD. Write and write and write and write. What u dont understand
Brother, I appreciate your feedback.
But in my post I said I wrote numerous tickets, not just one. To clarify, I have been writing tickets for 2.5 months now.
My post was not to complain, or "cry". The thread is literally here to share experiences of bans to provide insight to others.
Thanks
Old 03/18/2020, 17:35   #22

Got banned on 7 of my accounts yesterday
Old 03/18/2020, 20:05   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akame95 View Post
Got banned on 0 of my accounts yesterday
Samsies
Old 03/26/2020, 21:26   #24

Got banned on all but one of my several accounts two days ago. I am thinking the account that didn't get banned got disconnected somehow and so they didn't catch it. I am assuming they did an IP ban to catch all the other clients that were connected.

Does anyone have any experience writing an appeal to ANET to get their accounts unbanned? I have been looking around online and found a few things/letter templates you can use to better your chances. I assume you just have to be persistent in asking them to unban you as long as you can give a good excuse as to what happened?

Any help would be appreciated, I am kind of lost now not being able to play Guild wars
Old 03/30/2020, 16:52   #25

Got banned on my main in May 2019, trying to get my account back ever since, do some of you heards about unban due to the pandemic? since the whole world is stuck home, it'll make sense. l've sent a ticket to Anet, l'll stay tune with you in case it does work
Old 04/05/2020, 00:50   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecurityByDesign View Post
Got banned on my main in May 2019, trying to get my account back ever since, do some of you heards about unban due to the pandemic? since the whole world is stuck home, it'll make sense. l've sent a ticket to Anet, l'll stay tune with you in case it does work
Great let us know what happens, also could you post the letter you sent them talking about them possibly unbanning due to the pandemic?

Thanks!
Old 04/06/2020, 16:56   #27

Covid 19 is not an excuse

Hello, after few days of waiting they simply rejected my request telling that botting activities had been detected on the account and that l will not get it back. So it looks like a game over man, l even tried to put things like depression in the letter but they do not care either. I'm not posting the letter for obvious privacy reason but to get the idea of what l did l told them l was from a country in lock down and that Guild wars is the only game l truly love and so on and so on.
Old 04/10/2020, 19:53   #28

Has anyone here ever paid for unban service from Sephirofl for their guild wars 1 accounts? Was he ever able to get them unbanned for guild wars? I feel like he is successful more with other games than with guild wars according to his thread.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/10/2020, 21:06   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksim23 View Post
Has anyone here ever paid for unban service from Sephirofl for their guild wars 1 accounts? Was he ever able to get them unbanned for guild wars? I feel like he is successful more with other games than with guild wars according to his thread.
No idea on his success but if you want to keep a main account the only close to 100% safe way is use vpn, seperate hardware that never had a shared login, register the account under different info, use different payment information, and always trade something back when picking up your funds from the bots.

It is nearly 100% certain chance of losing a bot account eventually but you can protect the long term ones.
Old 04/11/2020, 16:32   #30

Ask them for their proof. They gave it to me "sort of" when I asked. they sent me some of my ingame chat that actually wasn't proof at all cause it didn't actually show I was gold selling. They just threw everything together into a 25 page file & banned 19 of my accounts but told me I was lucky they left me what they did. They also went on to tell me they checked my accounts they left me to.... interesting.