Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 17:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Logging in 2 clients on Uthgard

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
impossible on the same computer...

Old   #17

Easy

1. De-compile the client
2. Remove code that communicates back to server
3. Recompile the client

Old   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by id10t View Post
1. De-compile the client
2. Remove code that communicates back to server
3. Recompile the client
Erm, No.
Old   #19

if you want to run two accounts then join the retail servers for $30, since its against the rules to run buffbots on uthgard its highly unlikely you will get very far without getting reported if its known by others, no matter if you run a proxy or not.

Old   #20

It seems no one here has had firsthand experience with this.
A friend that I have played DAoC live with since release had it happen to him, busted for running 2 accounts. This was a little over a year ago a few months after coming to Uthgard. We had it all figured out prior to him testing it. Peerblock, 2 diff pcs, etc.
He was in DF with Sham and Skald leveling for about 10 minutes.

Now, this is really crazy, you would think they would send a tell saying Hey, youre busted, we tracked IP blah blah blah...
Negative.
He thought he was going LD. He was ported to a plain black room. His other toon, also ported to a plain black room.
A GM sent him something along the lines of....
Character xyz move forward strafing left.

While he was doing that, same message came up on other pc from same name, GM.

At first he thought it was pretty easy but by the third set of instructions he HAD to use both hands on both keyboards at the same time. They had him casting, moving, jumping etc.

And that was it. He was told one account was being deleted and one was suspended for 2 weeks I think it was.
Which sucked because he had his main 50's on both accounts =\

So no matter how hard you try to trick them, its just not gonna work.

I had to join your forum and post it. It took us awhile to get up the ***** to try dual accounts for fear of, well, getting busted. Just dont do it. There is NO WAY around it.
I discovered your site while looking for Uthgard client install info for a couple new friends and got sidetracked.
Thanks for letting me share and see ya in game!
Old   #21

also ich hab gestern auf utgard angefange und mit multi boxing gemacht. hatte 5 chars geloggt alle auf einem pc und hat wunderbar geklappt
Old   #22

Quote:
also ich hab gestern auf utgard angefange und mit multi boxing gemacht. hatte 5 chars geloggt alle auf einem pc und hat wunderbar geklappt
You said you had 5 toons logged in.

So?

I didnt say it was physically impossible to do it, I said you will get caught and how it actually works.
It was simply a matter of you not getting caught that time. You got lucky.
When my friend was logged in and got busted, it was 5pm EST. There was NO ONE on. Im sure if you multi-log when there are enough bored CSRs or whatever theyre called, you will get caught.

But congratulations anyway!
Keep doing it until you have all those toons where you want them and they all get deleted.
Believe me, I could care less how many toons you have logged in, I was just passing along solid info.
Old   #23

Well i find it silly that they don't allow us to log in 2 clients so long as we are in PvE zones.

I am a solo player and i hate PVP ( just too **** old lol ) I have a 44 troll thane legendary weaponsmith that I started when Uthgard launched. It's more sitting time than killing time and i just refuse to play there anymore. the solo grind is unbearable.
Old   #24
Und alle so: "Yeaahh"

elite*gold: 545
Received Thanks: 24,242
Group up then. They did it to encourage players to make groups, otherwise it would just be everybody solo leveling with BB in stick.
Old   #25

And instead we have classes that simply can't group in pve, try getting a group as a mini for instance and see how far you get, they will always pick a sorcerer first if they can and since its one of the most played class with clerics and necros its not hard to find one.

I agree there was too many buffbots the other way, the solution is to make buff npcs work everywhere and for everyone in every pve zone there is, so all classes has a chance to solo to 50 may it be slow or not.