Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 21:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Few hacks and a load of information about memory structures

Discussion on Few hacks and a load of information about memory structures within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Few hacks and a load of information about memory structures

Hey, I started playing RoM a few weeks ago and within a few days I felt the urge to attach my debugger and spend more time there than in the actual game itself. I have gathered quite some information about the memory structures and I keep an SVN repository with them somewhat updated. (Apart from the pointers to all nearby NPC's which I just found today, Ill post them as soon as possible).

I'm sure most of this is general knowledge around here but I wanted to share this here anyway.

I'd very much appreciate any extra information or pointing out errors. I'm specifically in need of a method to find all surrounding mobs and/or objects. I've Been trying to find those for a while to no avail.

A short description of what is in the SVN: (all sources are under the MIT license)
- a not-so-useful speedhack (binary packages provided)
- a short range teleport hack (binary packages provided)
- a hack to see rogues in stealth (binary packages provided)
- a rough draft of a follow bot
- Information about pointers, player structure, inventory strucures and soon nearby NPC's

And last but certainly not least, the google code project:
Thanks
6 Users
Old 12/24/2009, 10:02   #2

Nice one tested tele hack but it is working quite perfect

but in my taskmanager i can't figure out my pid (win 7 german)

if you have same problem try this (if you got autoit)
Quote:
$list = ProcessList("client.exe")
for $i = 1 to $list[0][0]
msgbox(0, $list[$i][0], $list[$i][1])
next
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/24/2009, 11:35   #3

Could you tell me what version of W7 you are using? I'm using W7 professional and getting the PID to display works fine. Are you using a home basic/premium?
Old 12/24/2009, 11:50   #4

I am using Win 7 Ultimate (32bit) and can only diplay the pid for services but for other people i could up a compiled version of this simple code for finding the pid.

Okay now i got it was too early in the morning for me xD *shame on me*
--
Build a little launcher that has a button for every hack and starts it with the PID
of the first process of client.exe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rompid.jpg (11.4 KB, 137 views)
Attached Files
File Type: rar rompid.rar (282.6 KB, 113 views)
Old 12/24/2009, 13:31   #5

Created a short wikipage with pictures and info on how to get the PID in case anyone else tries this early in the morning ;-)

Thanks
1 User
Old 12/24/2009, 16:32   #6

Why I have always wehen I press the F8 key the Error 229while reading player pointer?
Old 12/24/2009, 16:37   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle56 View Post
Why I have always wehen I press the F8 key the Error 229while reading player pointer?
This is 99% sure a version mismatch, what version and locale of RoM are you using? The hacks are for ENEU v2.1.5.2004

(There are also 2.1.5.2000 hacks if you look at the deprecated downloads)
Old 12/24/2009, 17:15   #8

Nice jobs with the hacks clueless_! Guess you'll have to change your username to not_so_clueless. :P

Question about the rogue stealth hack before I download it: Do you need to see the rogue go into stealth, or can you see them right off the bat? elverion said
Quote:
Originally Posted by elverion
There is, however, one problem: You need to be able to see the rogue at least once before he goes stealth. That is, if he's stealthed when you come into the area, the server does not even send you any information about him. If you watch him stealth, you will continue to receive updates from the server about their location.
Old 12/24/2009, 18:06   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrgodzilla View Post
Nice jobs with the hacks clueless_! Guess you'll have to change your username to not_so_clueless. :P

Question about the rogue stealth hack before I download it: Do you need to see the rogue go into stealth, or can you see them right off the bat? elverion said
From what I tested it works right off the bat. But I'm not really sure of it, I haven't done thorough tests. It works by patching the instruction that sets the stealth byte to 0x01 and makes it do nothing at all.

Either way, feel free to report the results. Just had some fun in a lowbie town by baiting PK rogues and running away when they get near. I think he almost went crazy

Edit: Did some better testing and I'm fairly sure it works right off the bat. Ran with a rogue in stealth from one zone into another zone and a second character saw the rogue right away.
Old 12/24/2009, 18:11   #10

AWESOME stuff man, the un-hide one is VERY useful in some instances and the short range teleport works great too! some excellent work you've done and im blown away by how quick you've done it all

Any chance you want to put all the hacks into one with a GUI? it'd be really appreciated!

Keep up the good work bud, theres lots of us out there that owe our tanks
Old 12/24/2009, 19:01   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless_ View Post
From what I tested it works right off the bat. But I'm not really sure of it, I haven't done thorough tests. It works by patching the instruction that sets the stealth byte to 0x01 and makes it do nothing at all.

Either way, feel free to report the results. Just had some fun in a lowbie town by baiting PK rogues and running away when they get near. I think he almost went crazy

Edit: Did some better testing and I'm fairly sure it works right off the bat. Ran with a rogue in stealth from one zone into another zone and a second character saw the rogue right away.
Cool stuff! This stealth hack is going to come in really handy when I have to go against a rogue in the battlefield. Thanks again mate.
Old 12/24/2009, 19:08   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStupidDog View Post
AWESOME stuff man, the un-hide one is VERY useful in some instances and the short range teleport works great too! some excellent work you've done and im blown away by how quick you've done it all

Any chance you want to put all the hacks into one with a GUI? it'd be really appreciated!

Keep up the good work bud, theres lots of us out there that owe our tanks
I have had build a little launcher that inputs the PID and starts a hack with one click
Old 12/25/2009, 01:05   #13

this could be of some use
shame im not playing it
maybe next year :P
Old 12/25/2009, 11:33   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterhartzt View Post
I have had build a little launcher that inputs the PID and starts a hack with one click
lol im such a newb, somehow I missed that post. Now using it and it makes it much easier to launch quickly thanks to you also for your work

These tools are SO promising, it seems that quite alot can be done on the client side of things so I'll be following this thread with great interest. I'd offer help but I suck at coding. If theres any testing or anything I can do though I'd glady help.
Old 12/25/2009, 13:47   #15

mhh mal schauen was der so bringt^^, echt nützlich beim Winter event wo man auf dächer muss