Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 06:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

character wipe

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
character wipe

11 Will there be a character wipe?

* All characters will be wiped prior to the launch of Requiem. The Open Beta will continue until 06/12/08, at which time servers will be taken offline. The launch of Requiem Bloodymare will be 06/19/08.

Old 06/06/2008, 22:37   #2

elite*gold: 196
So much to "@No, there will be no wipe"
Stopped playing since I became lvl 4X anyways.

Old 06/07/2008, 02:34   #3

I don't think this game will get very far to be honest. Alot of people are quiting after this wipe. But i guess thats their own fault for knowing there was probably going to be a wipe anyway. It was fun for a while, easy to lvl up. But the premium accounts and w/e will make it like any other mmorpg with this system. The people playing for free will be limited and more-less nerfed. Lvl up slower etc.
Old 06/07/2008, 03:32   #4

Pwipe was expected, a rushed release wasn't. Something that may interest readers here is that Requiem's use of Hackshield has caused many problems with user's input devices (certain mice and keyboards). The community manager stated that if they can't work out the issues they'll launch Requiem without Hackshield. Botters and speed hackers will have a field day if they do that.

Old 06/09/2008, 13:36   #5

Quitting because open beta ends is so **** stupid xD Good games don't stay at beta stage forever! What did ya expect?
Old 06/09/2008, 19:19   #6

I agree, Betas can't stay forever and sincerelly i found this game a really good game, ppl know indeed about a possibility there could be a wipeout of characters in the final realease, so they should think before playing about consequences

-Darksong
Old 06/09/2008, 22:45   #7

This suck.
How stupid is a wipe after ob?
Most games are wiped after cb, as Requiem was also, but wiping after ob is kinda retarded...
Old 06/10/2008, 01:17   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by p ~ View Post
This suck.
How stupid is a wipe after ob?
Most games are wiped after cb, as Requiem was also, but wiping after ob is kinda retarded...
not retarded...and also not unlikely. BETA is a testing stage, and like many have said, it has to be expected that wipe is a possibility. At least you get to start fresh, no exactly what to do in the beginning or at least to what level u achieved in ob, and also are more familiar with skills. For me, my skill build was all ****** up, but now i know what to do in the final version.
Old 06/10/2008, 10:53   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggojake View Post
not retarded...and also not unlikely. BETA is a testing stage, and like many have said, it has to be expected that wipe is a possibility. At least you get to start fresh, no exactly what to do in the beginning or at least to what level u achieved in ob, and also are more familiar with skills. For me, my skill build was all ****** up, but now i know what to do in the final version.

I agree completly... Betas means Testing and even if more online games after OB don't make a wipeout of characters, this doesn't means that all games do so... In my opinion the wipe after OB in Requiem is good and a nice idea. We can start all from the beginning but this time, like leggojake said, we know what to do more better, more familiar with the game system, skills system, etc... So guys don't complain about this lol... We all knew about this possible Wipeout!

-Darksong
Old 06/10/2008, 13:57   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggojake View Post
Open beta is more than just testing. Open beta is also kind of promotion for the commercial / final launch of the game and to tell the truth, I've never seen a wipe after op before.
And please do not tell me that I'm new to mmo or something, I don't want to argue about this...

Thx & Bye,
p ~
Old 06/10/2008, 15:50   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by p ~ View Post
Open beta is more than just testing. Open beta is also kind of promotion for the commercial / final launch of the game and to tell the truth, I've never seen a wipe after op before.
And please do not tell me that I'm new to mmo or something, I don't want to argue about this...

Thx & Bye,
p ~
I'm not saying that, I'm saying that a wipe was expected, especially since they announced it. In the beginning, they announced it has a chance of being wiped, as well as not being wiped. They hadn't made up thier minds. Maybe that is thier downfall, for not being clear or what not, but nevertheless the wipe should be expected..at least I expected it...I dont like it but I knew it could happen..what's the worst that can happen anyway? Maybe some bugs will get fixed, eventually the race will be added, you get to start off square 1 with your competition, and redo your build. I kinda like it...although it sucks to start over.

« KOL Mr. A hack | Beta Private servers »