Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 17:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Nc run from pak file or folder first?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Nc run from pak file or folder first?

I have a question?

when NC runs does it run from the defs.pak file or generate the indivual pak_"whatever".def files from the terminal folder, wich one goes first or wich one is not used at all? and only for backup?

Also when i look into my DEF files they are ******* NC1- 2.0 not 2.2 i dont have any 2.2 items on the lists and i have a bunch of nc 1-2.0 **** like for EXAMPLE in items- bezerk / kamakazi / antiradation suit / gloves that -100 comabt. ETC.

am i dooing something wrong...

Banneth.

Oh and how the **** we get the portable go go!

Old   #2

Folder first then pak file of the same name, otherwise I couldn't be doing what I am doing. I believe it is so KK can easily give you updated files in patches instead of updating the file in the pak, then having to give you patched pak archive.

About portable gogo I've got some more ideas based on old exploits. Will talk to you on icq tomorrow (after my exam) Got to revise now.

Old   #3

anyone have ideas on how to open .DEF and .DAT files. they dont work getting extracted.
Old   #4

.Def -> editor or word (Definition data u know... google is ur best friend )
.Pak datas are just packed datas like zipped datas.
Neocron runs the scripts and uses the items which are in the pak files.

Old   #5

lol Banneth i think you mean the .bsp files. We've been fiddling with def files. Thats how i have my sexy implants.

The different paks have .lua, .bsp, .dat etc files in.

The .defs and .lua can be edited easily in wordpad.

the .bsp and .dat files need something else though. i'll work on that but i'm not sure how relevant it is.

What our issue at the moment is how to convince the game to zone us to somewhere other than where the worlds.ini and worldinfo.def tells it to. Zoning is requested by the client and accepted by the server even if the server doesn't think the character is at the zone point. Therefore trying to convince the game to zone to a different point should be possible surely, as the command to zone is given by the client and always accepted.

Trying to use the edited worldinfo.def is fine but the game keeps detecting the worlds.ini file when it's edited.

Can someone please upload their cracked client.exe that doesn't check for "corrupted" ie edited files please.

Would be much appreciated. Got a bit to share, including new furniture dupe macro, portable citycom etc. Nothing especially skilled.
Old   #6

Editing def files is useless.... Definitions are Serverside datas.
BSP Files can be opened with 3D Editors.U can probably make A Teleport
Hack by editing Packets. But first u have 2 find out where u can see your coordinates or edit ehe Zone synchs
Old   #7

Editing def files isn't useless, just not as useful. I've convinced my client that I have 999 stam and 999 trans and a couple other things. Stam and Endurance are both client side and useful to have a lot of.
Old   #8

Sorry when i put that i ment one thing but typed another... correct .bsp and. dat is the ones we were fighting with

3d Editor - got it off to google.

/edit: When i look in my .pak file it has the old old files, that sometimes do not apply to the current packets. how can i extract or uncode so to say the files in the folder? thery are the updated ones sent from patches. those are the jucy ones

Banneth
Old   #9

I can't read the .dat files and I think they are the best bet in trying to get a teleport hack in (with some packet editing probably)

Anyone tell me how to access them? Google is not being very helpful.
Old   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engel View Post
Editing def files is useless.... Definitions are Serverside datas.
maybe... or not
Old   #11

Were thinking the .dat files are the zones and the .bsp are their contents, but the 3d edidtor will not recongise any of those files. anyone know a 3d editor that works? i've tried 3 from google.

Edit/ still looking for ideas on how to open the coded files in the folder. for example in one of the .pak files their is a implants.defs file if you open it from the .pak file it has all the old implants kami etc, not a file used by nc 2.2 today. the new implants.defs file is in the folder downloaded from patches but i cannot extract it it is encoded, or some ****.
Old   #12

lol and you banneth call TERRArists cheaters?
Old   #13

I dont remember ever saying anything of the sort, but yes their are some members whom enjoy a good hack or two in terror rats. My hacks are not for personal enjoyment more for a personal vendetta. noob now go away if you dont have anything to contrubute.

banneth-
Old   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice N Dice View Post
Editing def files isn't useless, just not as useful. I've convinced my client that I have 999 stam and 999 trans and a couple other things. Stam and Endurance are both client side and useful to have a lot of.

How did you do this
Old   #15

Hmm that was way back when I was first starting out. I was wrong. Stam and Endurance are server side. Transport is clientside but updated by the server each time your character gets updated eg. when you lose/gain health.