Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 17:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[TUT] New Method of "Multi-Client"

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[TUT] New Method of "Multi-Client"

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I will post it anyways.

For those who experienced extreme lag, black screen, etc. while running 2 instances of Hero at once or it won't let you, this guide is for you.

NOTE: This is done from Windows XP point-of view. Windows Vista/7 will be similar.

Who? - ...I don't know.
What? - Not the usual method for multi-client, just a different way.
When? - ...I don't know.
Where? - On your computer using Hero.
Why? - I posted this because I wanted to plvl myself and found out about this after trying to manually close Launcher.exe and running another instance where it said not enough video memory or something. I post this for all the people with a weak computer or graphics/video card who can't support 2 instances of Hero at the same time too well.
How? - I well explain with numbered steps below.

Preparing Your Computer: (Create new user accounts)
1) Go to the Start > User Accounts > User Accounts
2) Turn on Guest account or create a new account and follow the on-screen instructions.

Multi-Client Time: (We will use the 2 user accounts to run 2 instances of Hero)
3) On one the of the user accounts on your computer, log into Hero with one of your Netgame/Hero account. Then go into your character.
4) Go to the start menu and "Switch Users". Then select your second user account.
5) On the second user account, log into your second Netgame/Hero account. Then go into your character
6) Now do what you wanted to do with multi-client. You will have to use the "Switch User" function of your computer's to switch between instances of Hero.

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #2

Actually this is a really nice idea...Didn't realise that I could do that lol...Simple, but good. I will try it out later. Thanks man!

Old   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYoda View Post
Actually this is a really nice idea...Didn't realise that I could do that lol...Simple, but good. I will try it out later. Thanks man!
I use a similar, tho easier, way to do the same thing.

1. I make sure I have two user accounts set up on the system, with passwords.

2. I create a text file named 2ndHero.cmd that includes this:
  • @echo off
  • start runas /user:yourusernamehere c:\hellfire\ViewNetgame.exe
  • start runas /user:yourusernamehere c:\hellfire\Hellfire.exe

This starts up the browser and hellfire using the 2nd account's memory space.
I start up Hero thru Netgame or Mobius (Philippines) and log in. Then I click on the textfile to run it. Since it's a .CMD file, it will run like a .BAT file. When it goes to start up the Browser and Hellfire, it will ask you for the password of the 2nd user account on the computer and then start it up.

The trick is to start it up so it's viewable on the screen using both accounts (not having to switch between user accounts)
Old   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by karraksc View Post
I use a similar, tho easier, way to do the same thing.

1. I make sure I have two user accounts set up on the system, with passwords.

2. I create a text file named 2ndHero.cmd that includes this:
  • @echo off
  • start runas /user:yourusernamehere c:\hellfire\ViewNetgame.exe
  • start runas /user:yourusernamehere c:\hellfire\Hellfire.exe

This starts up the browser and hellfire using the 2nd account's memory space.
I start up Hero thru Netgame or Mobius (Philippines) and log in. Then I click on the textfile to run it. Since it's a .CMD file, it will run like a .BAT file. When it goes to start up the Browser and Hellfire, it will ask you for the password of the 2nd user account on the computer and then start it up.

The trick is to start it up so it's viewable on the screen using both accounts (not having to switch between user accounts)
Yea, but if you are switching between 2 users, when you have switched to other one, that one which is not open uses as much PC resources as the open one?

Old   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYoda View Post
Yea, but if you are switching between 2 users, when you have switched to other one, that one which is not open uses as much PC resources as the open one?
it's going to tie up 400M of ram any way you try it for each client open, so you have to have a good amount of ram to work with. I usually have two open when I'm logged in so I can plvl guildies while I'm hunting. I use a NVidia 8600GT on all my comps and 2gig ram minimum. I normally run 23% for each client and 5-12 for the bot.