Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > General Coding
You last visited: Today at 08:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[need help] cheatengine memory viewer + finding pointers

Discussion on [need help] cheatengine memory viewer + finding pointers within the General Coding forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[need help] cheatengine memory viewer + finding pointers

i have some trouble finding pointers & offsets.
I can't attach the debugger or else the game crashes.
So i tried goin through the memory region... sadly I have no idea what i'm doing and so far i haven't found a descent tutorial.

scanning for pointers i still have like 27k pointers after restarting the client and rebooting for like 50 times... >_>

could anyone give me a hint on how to progress?
a nice tutorial Eng/Ger woud do too

ty ^_^

Old 05/06/2014, 16:50   #2

elite*gold: 0
little update on the matter, I foudn what i was looking for.
was a *** **** hell of a job to find something but I managed to find the right pointer.

now what i bumped into is, that apparently the offsets vary from machine to machine D: !

for example on my laptop the offset is 0xd798 but on my tower its 0xd7c0
what is happening here ?
Are there ways to find a pattern to this?
still answers in Ger/Eng pls TY ^-^

Similar Threads Similar Threads
Finding Pointers
04/26/2012 - Atlantica Online - 0 Replies
Does anyone know of a guide to finding pointers with the built in cheat engine pointer finder? Especially as it pertains to AO. I can find simple pointers, but some of the more complex ones I have no idea how to find.
[solved]CheatEngine and pointers
04/11/2012 - CO2 Programming - 0 Replies
I am a little conceptually confused over how cheatengine evaluates pointers and their values. I did the usual way of searching for a value in game, in my case it is the char level. I found a most likely value/result and attached a debugger to find out what access it. then i searched for the address of the result i initially found and obtained the address of the base pointer to level. As per normal i performed "Add address manually" for the pointer i have found in CE, inputted the base...
Finding pointers
02/23/2012 - Cabal Online - 4 Replies
Hey. As far as I know, there are certain addresses like no-delay (dance) or map hack which have a certain pointer base - I managed to find it out so I do not have to search them again every time I load CABAL. But there are certain addresses like dungeon timer or dungeon quest which I cannot set a pointer base for. I guess it's not possible? Do I have to find them every time I load my game? Any way to locate them without having to scan for values? Pretty much a noob question, but I gotta...
[Tutorial] Automate finding Pointers & Offsets
11/30/2011 - 4Story Hacks, Bots, Cheats & Exploits - 6 Replies
In the last Tutorial, we learned, how to unpack the Client, and remove the hacking-protection. This enables us to use Debuggers, to analyze the Client. Some stuff might become realy annoying, if we have to do the same things over and over again, whenever the client changes. This tutorial will show you, how you can automate such operations, if you've managed to find out stuff once. Our goal in this tutorial will be, to filter usefull stuff from the client, without even having to run it...
help finding pointers metin2 client
07/22/2011 - Metin2 - 0 Replies
Hello i need help, i cant find pointers with cheat engine I patched my metin2 client from hackshield to be able to debug it and to use cheat engine but the problem is that after a very short time the server kicks. can some one please give me a solution I am learning to create my own hacks but i have this big problem stopping me thanks i hope that some one can give me a solution to this Thanks