Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > General Coding
You last visited: Today at 11:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Pattern finding problem ESI,EAX,etc...

Discussion on Pattern finding problem ESI,EAX,etc... within the General Coding forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Pattern finding problem ESI,EAX,etc...

Hello,

I'm currently looking for patterns in GW2. I already have 1 pattern & works perfectly. But in that one it gave me the bytes that i needed.

Gw2.exe+4DEC7B - D9 1D 4C226E01 - fstp dword ptr [Gw2.exe+12E224C]

But now all i can find for my next addresses&pointers are things like these

Gw2.exe+83C691 - C7 46 0C 01000000 - mov [esi+0C],00000001

Now.. the problem is that esi or any other stack, i can't seem the read the address that's stored inside it. I'm trying to find where it stored the address into esi. But i'm kinda new to assembly, (it's a push right, what i'm looking for?). But i can't seem to find it.

Please help me out here i'll happely share my bot, it's just annoying when i have to shift the addresses when a new patch comes out.

EDIT: Quick overview on how i try to make my patterns
1. find address&pointers i need for a certain value in the game.
2. search what writes to address->pointers->value
3. go to the address where it writes to address->pointers->value
4. Copy that address , open it in ollydbg
5. Use sig maker to get the pattern (making sure i only have 1 result)
6. Use c# to read the address using the pattern & how many bytes it has to skip
7. Check if address = address i found in step 1
Old 04/04/2013, 12:45   #2

u cant do this.

esi is a variable register, you cant get its variable content, by searching in code section.

you may do a hook at this position and then read esi @ runtime, or reverse what the content of esi will be at this moment.

esi will be filled most likely with a mov (move) or lea (load effective adress) instruction.
feel free to dump some asm output here.
Old 04/04/2013, 13:52   #3

elite*gold: 77
Received Thanks: 5,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Coxxy View Post
u cant do this.

esi is a variable register, you cant get its variable content, by searching in code section.

you may do a hook at this position and then read esi @ runtime, or reverse what the content of esi will be at this moment.

esi will be filled most likely with a mov (move) or lea (load effective adress) instruction.
feel free to dump some asm output here.
You can hook or just use Code-Caves.
In my opinion code caves are easier to use for that problem, but tastes differ.
If you are able to understand german or if you have got a good translator, you can have a look at:

There I explained how to use Code-Caves to e.g. get value of a register at a specific point in code.
Old 04/04/2013, 14:46   #4

autoit... -.-

codecave technically IS a hook (atleast the technique used to actually execute the codecave).
Old 04/04/2013, 15:06   #5

elite*gold: 77
Received Thanks: 5,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Coxxy View Post
autoit... -.-

codecave technically IS a hook (atleast the technique used to actually execute the codecave).
It is not AutoIt, I explained it for all languages.
Old 04/04/2013, 19:56   #6

Thanks guys! This helped me alot ^^