Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > General Coding
You last visited: Today at 18:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

what do i actually need to be ready to go ! human head sensation device

Discussion on what do i actually need to be ready to go ! human head sensation device within the General Coding forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
what do i actually need to be ready to go ! human head sensation device

well folks i was confused to create this thread or no but umm sorry if u think it's useless but it will guide me much
this isn't releated to conquer that's a personal help to me , if u find it too long to read then im sorry and u may just ignore it BUT it means so much to me

im studying c# , asm
for ? such a shame to say creating proxy or w/e for conquer but my dream is to develop a project about AI which input is human mind signals and output is on computer which can be developed at gaming or using computer or w/e as i THINK voice detection is such a fail
im in my 3rd year at mechatronics engineering and im doing my best to get the hardest part done which is a device to turn the signals and everything ill get and convert them to digital signal and then handle the rest with programming
im self-studying programming in my spare time
so to let this be as short as it should be , after i get signal throw ports what do i need to handle them and everything related to this
this is what i've studied at c#

loops
logical thinking of how to debug and trace in mind
arrays
lists
for , for each , do while and more of that
try,catch
methods (how Object-oriented programming is pointers in c++ and how it works )
name spaces , classes
constructors
access modifiers
overloading methods
exceptions and handling them
inheritance
indexers
abstract
delegates
events
alot of .net libraries like streamreader and writter
stringers and everything about them
casting (70%)
bitwise operations
logical gates
some of system.net , system.sockets
graphics , a lil bit xna
treating xml files
a bit about md5 , sha1 , tripleDES
create a dll , add dll as reference and use it's methods

about asm
how to asm masm32.exes and others which isnt really complicated , getting serials , cracking , bypassing jmps , more over that

what i duno a shit about
chipping
memory addresses
networking and socketing (just know basics how to create server-client connection)
encryption (basic equations and little about padding , chip type )

there is alot more that i duno anything about it and there is more that i do know much about it but that's what i was able to mention
now working on microcontrollers , advanced sensors , data sorting and frequencies and more over that

so what do u folks think i need to get this done ? btw this is already done by some company (as far as i remember it's toyota or bmw dun remember)

once more the idea as simple as it should be is u sense throw human head , turn this from analog to digital (with some daq) , receive the data and compute them , test and fail method till it's done and ready to use

so far toyota was showing this in some videos that they can now move a slider with just signal from brain , instead of sending this signal to hand so hand move the slider , all devices and sensors is outside the human body

everyone is welcomed to share ideas , post whatever he want but PLEASE lets keep it clean and away from flamming , if u find this useless please ignore it

once more sorry for the mod if u think it shouldn't be posted here but im in this forum for like 4 years and i trust in ppl here like pro4never , fang , cpt , imhaw, infamous , and more of those ppl

thanks all and goodluck for all
Old 04/15/2012, 21:19   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
...... There's nothing I can really say to any of this.

The mere fact you're talking about "well once I get the brain signals into the computer how do I handle them?!?" goes to show you have no clue what you're talking about or doing.

As far as I'm aware (and keep in mind, I know very little), the most public way of monitoring any sort of brain activity was EEG equipment which is only accurate enough to show TOTAL brain activity, not specific locations of the brain or anything even close to what you're referring to.

If/when you ever create or get your hands on technology that can come anywhere close to pinpointing locations of activity, THEN you can worry about trying to interpret this into meaningful data past "hey look, they aren't braindead"
Old 04/15/2012, 23:46   #3

let me clear some stuff over here
around the human head (skull) there is signals from 8 points , this signals varies for what human needs to do , aka when u need to move something it got signals which varies and depends on alot of stuff (which im actually trying to study) and i never said im done yet with this step but as in general ill have 8 sensors with different frequencies giving different inputs (aka like vibration sensor , it turn vibration energy to analog signal then i can convert it to digital signal which is binary so u can get it on any usb or anything)
ill be using daqs (which can be replaced with an electrical circuit with some relays which recive 0 as no volt and 1 as 5 volt) but daqs works pretty much better
anyway
what im asking about now is when i receive a binary input how to handle them , yes i do know how to receive the binary values im getting from sensors but then what the hell to sort them and use them for further applications which was my main question but i've mentioned the whole story incase anyone working on similar projects may give me good information and advice

so to clear this , i dont even know what input ill get but all what i know that it will be binary (aka if u want to move something left it will give signal of 6 , more left it will be 7 , till 10 which is the max value , moving right is 4 , more right is 3 and so on)

so for now what i do know it will be low frequency(wont update much per second)

all i want is just to be ready with programming on time which will help to adjust more stuff

srsly i dont know alot about it but there is alot to care about beside programming so please folks dont umm dont tell me umm nvm

once i pick up the data acquisitions i need ill decided which input method to give the information to pc (usb or w/e which will fit the sampling rate and resolution of daqs and sensors)

anyway once more , long story short ill be using successive approximation ADC (analog digital converter) to send the info to computer (throw usb or even printer port)

im really sorry if i cant clear everything as i dont even understand them good enough so all i just need is useful topics and more about sorting and handling data and storing them cuz im worry about more stuff at sensors (like accuracy , precision , linearity , sensitivity , deadband , resolution , hystersis , drift , range , effect of disturbance and what if humans head signals isn't the same for different sex or ages or w/e)
anyway thanks pro4never for replying and yes i got no idea about what data ill be getting , about EEG yes but i dont actually need all sensors at the EEG as i dont need all this signals (even if for now) but anyway i dont think ill be able to buy EEG device that's why ill buy sensors and start it on my own

anyway EEG is good start to search for , thanks this was helpful bro

P.S about sending and reciving data to/from computer i did a program on visual basic 3 years ago which was sending binaries to printer port (parallel port) which i can now send to pins or receive from pins , the main thing i worry about is like how from binaries input u can type a sentence , i got the rest of my life for this ^^
Old 04/16/2012, 00:16   #4

elite*gold: 28
I was going to post back a reasonable response but you said you crack applications, "jmps" etc, but you don't know memory address's?

Back to the study table.
Old 04/16/2012, 01:04   #5

tl;dr
Simply, this requires years of experience. You dont have nor the equipment necessarily to intercept the brain signals. On the other hand, the concept is cool, it's a futuristic thing and i respwct that but i doubt you could ever achieve this, w/o proper help or a dedicated team to help you trough it.
I remeber I saw some similar **** on Discovery channel where a man lost his arms by touching a high voltage wire what so ever. Doctors made him some bionic arm which wew controlled by his brain impulses trough his nerves (they attached those bionic arms to what was left of his nerves on his shoulder).
Good luck but you shouls better go back and learn some more, this isnt really easy ****.
Old 04/16/2012, 01:37   #6

Quote:
I was going to post back a reasonable response but you said you crack applications, "jmps" etc, but you don't know memory address's?

Back to the study table.
well there is a miss understanding , i know what memory address's is but the point is , a 100 line program wont be a big deal and u wont even be bothered with memory address's cuz it wont take 10 min to trace it in olly but with 10k line memory addresses should mean much and i dont think this got alot to do with what i wanna do but anyway i cleared this out

Quote:
tl;dr
Simply, this requires years of experience. You dont have nor the equipment necessarily to intercept the brain signals. On the other hand, the concept is cool, it's a futuristic thing and i respwct that but i doubt you could ever achieve this, w/o proper help or a dedicated team to help you trough it.
I remeber I saw some similar shit on Discovery channel where a man lost his arms by touching a high voltage wire what so ever. Doctors made him some bionic arm which wew controlled by his brain impulses trough his nerves (they attached those bionic arms to what was left of his nerves on his shoulder).
Good luck but you shouls better go back and learn some more, this isnt really easy shit.
about the physical part im already studying sensors and advanced ones will be next year at college (mechatronics department) plus i got some little exp at how to get data throw pins also how to deal with them , which is actually good to start working over it
so to clear this , it's a dream of mine that im working on it , i do know that this aint easy but i believe i do know what it takes to get it done and im willing and ready to take all the hits and fails from life till i get it done , no matter how hard is it , no matter how long it will takes , easy words which im turning it to an actual truth , im alive as fuck and it's the most important thing i need to get it done ^^ at "Nikola Tesla" notes which was found on his desk was a paper saying how people told him that he is such an asshole loser who is wasting his life for nothing and that he will never get it done , that's how it goes , that's why im underdog
Old 04/16/2012, 03:15   #7

I respect that, I won't interfeer with your dream what so ever. Everybody has his/her own dream that would like to come to reality. We just warned you this path isn't easy to take and if you just let it go at the first of the numerous fails that will come, it would mean nothing. Good luck anyways, but i must say, aim for something easier for the beginning, then move on to something more complicated.
Old 04/16/2012, 10:21   #8

I will be starting my new job a few weeks later in a laboratory which does exactly this, and as far as I was informed, we will be working with EEG devices, so that`s probably the good place to start.
Old 04/16/2012, 10:41   #9

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
This has already been done, just thought i would mention that...
Old 04/16/2012, 12:59   #10

Quote:
I will be starting my new job a few weeks later in a laboratory which does exactly this, and as far as I was informed, we will be working with EEG devices, so that`s probably the good place to start.
well i wish u can provide me with some helpful information about how the EEG works (like it's output signal and what it's responsible for , the sensors on it , and more over that)

Quote:
This has already been done, just thought i would mention that...
yes it has been done but never done the way i want it , aka when some COMPANY and not person create this and it's not really able to type a sentence then ill consider it not done yet , when the connection is one direction as u can't send from computer to the mind then ill consider it not done yet , plus once i get it done i can work on more stuff in the future , it's just a start for me also my graduation project

about umm starting with more simple stuff , yeah i did so many stuff which is more simple than this but who will always do simple stuff no one will remember his name

once again thank u folks for helping me wish u can provide me with more info , links , books or anything
Old 04/16/2012, 13:16   #11

I dont think you understand just how complex what your trying to attempt, this is the type of thing that universities and research teams spend £100k/1kks on every year, but like i said this has already been done, i've seen it being demonstrated at a university, although on the scale of someone being able to get the application to display the word Dog and Cat, thats after years and years of research.

In terms of simpler things then you should check out while this system does use EEG it simply measures the intensity of the brain waves of the wearer and doesnt do anything complex (such as try to determine what the brain waves mean). Which is how this is a much simpler system than having it write a sentence. Im pretty sure mobile EEG doesnt have the resolution required to identify specific words, although i think there was a gaming headset developed to do simple tasks like reload, switch weapon.

With any system like this, you also need to train the headset to know what brain pattern means what, so in the end its no better than voice recognition, and if anything is less reliable.

If your determined however, which is commendable i guess given what your trying to achieve, you need to look at for the hardware and some articles on software too, but dont kid yourself building your own EEG is not cheap, not easy, and not something you can knock together in a short period of time, and even then its not practical, and you likely wont be able to achieve what you set out to do.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/16/2012, 14:27   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
I dont think you understand just how complex what your trying to attempt, this is the type of thing that universities and research teams spend £100k/1kks on every year, but like i said this has already been done, i've seen it being demonstrated at a university, although on the scale of someone being able to get the application to display the word Dog and Cat, thats after years and years of research.

In terms of simpler things then you should check out while this system does use EEG it simply measures the intensity of the brain waves of the wearer and doesnt do anything complex (such as try to determine what the brain waves mean). Which is how this is a much simpler system than having it write a sentence. Im pretty sure mobile EEG doesnt have the resolution required to identify specific words, although i think there was a gaming headset developed to do simple tasks like reload, switch weapon.

With any system like this, you also need to train the headset to know what brain pattern means what, so in the end its no better than voice recognition, and if anything is less reliable.

If your determined however, which is commendable i guess given what your trying to achieve, you need to look at for the hardware and some articles on software too, but dont kid yourself building your own EEG is not cheap, not easy, and not something you can knock together in a short period of time, and even then its not practical, and you likely wont be able to achieve what you set out to do.
i really appreciated that and so thankful for the info and the links
well if im gona even "waste" my life trying to get this done ill be proud even if i wasn't able to get it done
well about voice recognition i was working on it on c# but i didnt find it worth it , it is great but yet isn't really worth it
about building my own EEG
not cheap => SUPER TRUE !
not easy => ill do my best or even better
time => im not in rush i got atleast 30 years to live
if everyone said i cant then no one will even try , maybe i fail , maybe i get it done , but in the end it worth trying , even if i wasn't able to get it done , it wont be just the end
maybe in the middle of the way i figure out secret ? a new method to get it done which is more eff. ? that's all plus the experience im getting
well i really do know that it isn't easy and everything but as i said , if u done the easy thing no one will remember ur name

thanks once more for the link and info
Old 04/20/2012, 09:32   #13

So you're studying C# and asm? I heard that is the best combination.
Old 04/24/2012, 15:40   #14

Why would it be a bad combination?
Old 04/26/2012, 09:47   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
Why would it be a bad combination?
For this you would need to write very specific hardware interfaces (drivers), not something that either are suited too.