Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > General Coding
You last visited: Today at 00:19

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to send key on background window

Discussion on How to send key on background window within the General Coding forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How to send key on background window

Do you know how send key in a background window with autoit ?
I try WinActivate("4Story") but I can't do enything else...
Old 09/25/2011, 19:26   #2

The Black Market: 471/0/0
Received Thanks: 1,810
I think it should be possible with ControlSend-Func, but I'm not sure, never worked with AutoIt...
Old 09/25/2011, 19:39   #3

?
But I don't understand the differencce between:
title The title of the window to access.
text The text of the window to access.
Old 09/26/2011, 14:13   #4

The Black Market: 471/0/0
Received Thanks: 1,810
PHP Code:
//Example from autoitscript.com:
ControlSend("[CLASS:Notepad]""""Edit1""This is a line of text in the notepad window"
Open Notepad and AutoIt Window Info. Move your mouse over the TextBox in the Notepad and u will see:
Window:
Title: Untitled - Notepad
Class: Notepad

Control:
Class: Edit
Instance: 1

Like I said before I don't use AutoIt, but I think you got more options to find the TextBox in the Notepad:
PHP Code:
//Method 1:
ControlSend("[CLASS:Notepad]""""Edit1""Test123")

//Method 2:
ControlSend("""Untitled - Notepad""Edit1""Test123")

//Maybe also:
ControlSend("[CLASS:Notepad]""Untitled - Notepad""Edit1""Test123"
So the first param is the class-name and the second one is the title-name, it should be enough to just enter one of these params..but I'm not sure, just try it out..

Similar Threads Similar Threads
Send and UseSkill to the not active window
07/04/2011 - PW Hacks, Bots, Cheats, Exploits - 3 Replies
how do it? I can send to active window only. I try to use autoit, but that did not work Dim Au3 As New AutoItX3Lib.AutoItX3 Dim hWnd As Integer= FindWindow("ElementClient Window", Nothing) Au3.ControlSend("", "", "", "{F1}") I also tried using PostMessage,it does not work Dim hWnd As Integer= FindWindow("ElementClient Window", Nothing)
Send Keys to minimized PW-Window
07/21/2010 - Perfect World - 3 Replies
I want to learn how to send keys to a PW-Window, but it is minimized (because of the other functions my prog has).. i am programming in vb.net (i know.. not the best language but i am getting along with it quite good) so if anyone knows a simple function or can help me with this.. pls tell me :) greetz
Deaparately trying to send Keys to the AR window...
04/26/2009 - Ace Online / AirRivals - 0 Replies
I'm currently trying to code a joystick-support for AirRivals. It doesn't work for one (crazy) reason: The game-window only seems to accept its input from the hardware-based keyboard. Just thought it can be good to consult the "underground", although I'm not wanting to hack AR or to write a bot, but if I send Key-messages to the AR-Handle (using the Windows-API-function postmessage/keybd_event), nothing happens, except if it's a system Key like , or ... for example if I try to send a small...
How can i send keystrokes to an application in background
04/09/2008 - Archlord - 3 Replies
i need something like a macro that can send keystrokes to an application in background and loop the sending in delay of 2 minutes or something... Any1 have an idea how can i do this or where can i download such program?
How do I: Click or Send Keys to a minimized window
04/08/2006 - General Coding - 6 Replies
I am making a bot for ConquerOnline, and I need to know how to send clicks or keys to a minimized window, like COPartner does. Thanks for any help.