Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > General Coding
You last visited: Today at 18:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Volare Studios is Looking for Coders, and We Want You!

Discussion on Volare Studios is Looking for Coders, and We Want You! within the General Coding forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Volare Studios is Looking for Coders, and We Want You!

Believe.Imagine.Create.

Here at Volare Studios, that is what we believe. And with imagination and the love of games as our fuel, there's nothing holding us back. Here at the studio, we believe in the power of imagination, and the force its creation delivers.

My name is Frank, and I am the President and CEO of Volare Studios. We're a gaming company that eats, sleeps, and breathes gaming (except on lunch break, then we eat food.) We're currently looking for some Programmers, who preferably specialize in 2 or more of the following:

C++
Java
Flash
And are overall more than comfortable around script, and making games!

Aside from this, Volare Studios is looking to find a coder(s)/programmer(s) to replicate a [now discontinued] online browser-based MultiPlayer game. This could be done as part of the Volare Studios team, or simply as a solo-mission (as in, independently without the commitment of being part of the team.) Your choice.

I can't wait to hear from all of you, and would love to see you in the studio!

-Frank

PS: If you would like a fast response, and to even chat a bit, please contact me at: Otherwise, you're welcome to post. Remember.. Believe.Imagine.Create.
Old 06/25/2011, 12:18   #2

elite*gold: 77
Received Thanks: 5,876
Sounds really interesting, there are just few question I have got:

1. Did you specialize in game type? For example RPGs or are you open for every game?
2. What will expect us, if we join team?
3. Will there be a little bit money for our work?
4. How many people are you and what are the people doing (e.g. 2x Graphic artists, 1x programmer, ...)
5. What is your native language?
6. Where is seat of gaming company?
7. What is about some finished games? Are we able to see one or two?
Old 06/25/2011, 17:21   #3

Hey there, Shadow992! Great questions, they really speak to your professionalism. I'll answer them best I can.

1. Hm, we don't really have a "specialization" so to speak. We do multiplayer and singleplayer games. Essentially, best I can put it, if it's a good game concept, we go through with it!

2. Commitment. A great sense of imagination. And team work. Many of the team coders and programmers live overseas at this point in time, so if you would prefer to just do the work remotely, that's great too!

3. Most definitely. The way we do it is, after the game is posted and we get a week for initial bug tests, you will get your pay. Depending on the agreement, you may also go for getting a slice of direct profit generated from the game.

4. Hard to say. Everyone here is mostly multi-talented. I'd say it's a pretty fair division, but most, if not all, of them are occupied with one of our larger debut games.

5. English. I happen to be fluent in Spanish, but again, we have many coders and such from around the world, so if your language is fairly mainstream (Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese..) we just might be able to hook you up with someone who is bilingual, and can get you through things smoothly. It would be much easier if you were fluent (or reasonably coherent) in English, however.

6. I don't understand this question. Can you rephrase it?

7. Unfortunately I cannot unveil them. We have several finished titles (all of a professional level), however, we are saving them all for our grand debut at a conference.

Thank you for your interest!
Frank
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/26/2011, 01:44   #4

elite*gold: 77
Received Thanks: 5,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolareStudios View Post
Hey there, Shadow992! Great questions, they really speak to your professionalism. I'll answer them best I can.

1. Hm, we don't really have a "specialization" so to speak. We do multiplayer and singleplayer games. Essentially, best I can put it, if it's a good game concept, we go through with it!

2. Commitment. A great sense of imagination. And team work. Many of the team coders and programmers live overseas at this point in time, so if you would prefer to just do the work remotely, that's great too!

3. Most definitely. The way we do it is, after the game is posted and we get a week for initial bug tests, you will get your pay. Depending on the agreement, you may also go for getting a slice of direct profit generated from the game.

4. Hard to say. Everyone here is mostly multi-talented. I'd say it's a pretty fair division, but most, if not all, of them are occupied with one of our larger debut games.

5. English. I happen to be fluent in Spanish, but again, we have many coders and such from around the world, so if your language is fairly mainstream (Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese..) we just might be able to hook you up with someone who is bilingual, and can get you through things smoothly. It would be much easier if you were fluent (or reasonably coherent) in English, however.

6. I don't understand this question. Can you rephrase it?

7. Unfortunately I cannot unveil them. We have several finished titles (all of a professional level), however, we are saving them all for our grand debut at a conference.

Thank you for your interest!
Frank
Thank you for answering.
I was just wonderig about this post in such a forum.
So I had to ask these questions.

6. It is no important question because you already answered it.

But one really bad thin is that you are not able to show any game...
Quite bad.

But I am still really interested in that.
How can I contact you/your company?
Old 06/28/2011, 00:33   #5

Hi there, Shadow 992!

Apologies for the late reply-- I have been pretty busy this past weekend! You can contact me directly at the email I posted above:

-Frank