Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 16:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

GTA 6 May Be Delayed to 2026

Discussion on GTA 6 May Be Delayed to 2026 within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 47
The Black Market: 114/0/0
GTA 6 May Be Delayed to 2026

Rockstar Games is in trouble with its employees. It is difficult to return employees to the office after the pandemic. GTA 6 may be delayed until 2026.

Rockstar Games is considering delaying the release of GTA 6 until 2026. This information is based on a report published by Kotaku and statements from anonymous sources close to the game's development. The main reason for this delay is Rockstar's restructuring process and its policy of forcing employees to return to the office.

Rockstar Employees Are Uncomfortable with the Return to Office Decision

Rockstar Games has asked its employees to be in the office five days a week, starting in April. This decision caused serious discomfort, especially among employees who were accustomed to working remotely during the pandemic. According to sources, Rockstar management is worried that the development of GTA 6 is falling behind and is forcing employees to return to the office to compensate for this situation. Concern about the game being released in 2026 instead of 2025 is stated as one of the main reasons behind this repressive policy of the company.

Although Rockstar aims for GTA 6 to be released in the spring of 2025, sources state that they are not sure whether this goal will be achieved and that it is more likely to be released in the fall of 2025. Delaying the game until 2026 is seen as a sort of "backup plan" if necessary.

Rockstar Games is known as a company that tends to wait until the last minute to resolve such delays in the development process. This means that the next GTA 6 trailer may not reflect any delays as long as the company continues to work on GTA VI.

Rockstar employees are concerned that the company may return to development trouble as GTA VI nears its final stages of development. These concerns are further compounded by the fact that employees are being forced to return to work against their will and potential delays could lead to further pressure. However, given the company's desire to release GTA 6 in early 2025, it's clear that the game's final development process won't be simple or quick.

Source

https://kotaku.com/gta-6-development...ase-1851359831
Attached Thumbnails
GTA 6 May Be Delayed to 2026-gta6-vid.jpg  
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/24/2024, 22:03   #2

elite*gold: 0
I think the companies truly need to learn that the more comfortable a person is. The happier they are and the more they are willing to work. On the flip side, anyone who is in that comfort and becomes lazy can no longer be an asset and should be fired. So remote work is fine and they need to come to terms with that Rockstar studios does. They don't need to monitor everyone 24/7. Happiness equals more productivity, while the overhaul working equals less employment time due to the strict conditioning.
Old 03/24/2024, 22:10   #3

"I'm not even sure what to make of the Kotaku article on GTA 6... No info is new and it seems to be just trying to stir the pot based on Bloomberg's reporting."

Where are the News?
That's already known and just to get clicks. Nothing new.
Old 03/25/2024, 10:32   #4

elite*gold: 47
The Black Market: 114/0/0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerogott View Post
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1771280040212218346

"I'm not even sure what to make of the Kotaku article on GTA 6... No info is new and it seems to be just trying to stir the pot based on Bloomberg's reporting."

Where are the News?
That's already known and just to get clicks. Nothing new.
There is no definitive information or evidence anyway. They denied many things before but later admitted it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ve-days-a-week
Old 03/26/2024, 01:01   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGam3Ma2t3rxX View Post
I think the companies truly need to learn that the more comfortable a person is. The happier they are and the more they are willing to work. On the flip side, anyone who is in that comfort and becomes lazy can no longer be an asset and should be fired. So remote work is fine and they need to come to terms with that Rockstar studios does. They don't need to monitor everyone 24/7. Happiness equals more productivity, while the overhaul working equals less employment time due to the strict conditioning.
they need to get over that pandemic **** and get back to work they have had long enough to work on this game its not that they are scared and uncomfortable its being lazy they should be fired.
Old 03/28/2024, 00:42   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsxj View Post
they need to get over that pandemic **** and get back to work they have had long enough to work on this game its not that they are scared and uncomfortable its being lazy they should be fired.
So wanting to save gas money and still generate productivity is lazy? Not at all. Like I just said if you read it at all. The ones that clearly aren't doing much for the company can be fired. They don't need to be in office. Thats been proven by the work from home setup. A lot of other people become more productive at home and others in an office setting. Some are better suited to work from home and some better suited to be in the office. The office isn't because its a lazy thing always partner.
Old 03/28/2024, 04:58   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGam3Ma2t3rxX View Post
So wanting to save gas money and still generate productivity is lazy? Not at all. Like I just said if you read it at all. The ones that clearly aren't doing much for the company can be fired. They don't need to be in office. Thats been proven by the work from home setup. A lot of other people become more productive at home and others in an office setting. Some are better suited to work from home and some better suited to be in the office. The office isn't because its a lazy thing always partner.
nah fk that! they need to get their *** back to work and make the game that everyone has been waiting for its been how long.... fk their excuses.
Old 03/28/2024, 06:40   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsxj View Post
nah fk that! they need to get their *** back to work and make the game that everyone has been waiting for its been how long.... fk their excuses.
Ah you're just a troll just blaming employees. Get over yourself. A game ain't a matter of life or death. Its meaningless. Enjoy it when it releases. Stop whining about it being delayed. The longer the cycle, the better.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/29/2024, 22:52   #9

elite*gold: 775
The Black Market: 190/0/0
Better to postpone, than to come like cyberpunk did at launch.
Old 03/30/2024, 02:39   #10

delayed or not we are waiting for you babyyyy!
Old 04/02/2024, 19:09   #11

elite*gold: 312
we waited so long we can wait another 2 or 3 years
Old 04/03/2024, 19:00   #12

It was foreseeable that they would be delayed with the launch
Old 04/16/2024, 04:09   #13

elite*gold: 55
its still better to delay it than releasing the pre-alpha build like some other games did
Old 04/22/2024, 21:31   #14

To be honest, i'd agree with some of you're guys opinion, rather have them postpone it, and not releasing an unfinished game, in my opinion i wouldn't like it to just come out as CS2 did, with bunch of bugs, and unfinished things..