Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 06:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Need for Speed: Rivals - new Racing Game announced!

Discussion on Need for Speed: Rivals - new Racing Game announced! within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 5,352
Need for Speed: Rivals - new Racing Game announced!

The US-American publisher Electronic Arts announced yesterday a new title for the racing game series "Need for Speed". "Rivals", so the official name, is going to be created in Göteborg (Sweden) under the direction of Marcus Nilsson. Ghost Games, which was founded by Electronic Arts recently ago, serves as development studio and furthermore focuses on developing racing games in the future. The title is based on the Frostbite 3 graphics engine, which is also used in "Battlefield 4" and which offers already known car chases between police and racing drivers. Supposedly, the game is going to be released on 19 November 2013 for PlayStation 3, PC and Xbox 360; versions for next-gen consoles are expected at a later date. There will not be a version for Wii U due to its engine and the canceled partnership between Electronic Arts and Nintendo.

Every gamer is free to choose: either to flee from law enforcers or to switch sides and therewith support them by chasing racers. When escaping successfully, so called "Speed Points" are credited. With these points it will be possible to change and enhance a ride visually as well as technically. As a policeman, one is working in a team and increasing his or her rank when catching racers - new cars can also be unlocked this way. The use of helicopters and roadblocks, as we know from previous titles of the racing game series, are available at a certain rank.

The change from single to multi player mode is supposed to proceed fluently - this is guaranteed through a feature called AllDrive. This system is explained by Executive Producer Marcus Nilsson with an example in an interview with pcgames.

"One example: You are now playing this game in Germany - driving around and collecting points true to the game's premise. Then I am starting the game. As we are friends, I am now set into your world. I am able to continue playing my own single player mode - driving through different regions of the world, which is huge. However it could happen, that I see you racing - while I am chasing AI-controlled cars as a policeman - and changing my route to chase you instead.
We both are both switching smoothly from a single player experience to a face-to-face situation. Thereby it might be possible, that we both are playing as policemen and having a smooth change from single-player chase to multi-player chase. The points system is going to take this into account", said the head of this game's development.

Reedwood County is going to serve as game world. According to Nilsson, this region is strongly influenced by the west coast of California, "where those brilliant sports cars are really fast on the road". Regarding the structure of its play area, "Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit" was used as reference. Watch the first trailer of the game below!

Attached Images

Thanks
4 Users
Old 05/25/2013, 18:05   #2

elite*gold: 0
It will fail like the others.
Underground and Underground 2 ARE THE BEST!
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/25/2013, 20:15   #3

elite*gold: 308
hot pursuit 3 ?xD
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/26/2013, 07:44   #4

Another trash can title. Why can't those stupid ***** understand that all we want is heavy tuning and drifting...
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/26/2013, 12:57   #5

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 5,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecz24 View Post
Another trash can title. Why can't those stupid ***** understand that all we want is heavy tuning and drifting...
Obviously, because the other way works as well.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/26/2013, 13:10   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by joksa969 View Post
It will fail like the others.
Underground and Underground 2 ARE THE BEST!
Most Wanted ( the old version) is the best.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/26/2013, 16:31   #7

i love this racing game... but i think i still like underground 2 and most wanted as because it come with lower requirements and better gameplay
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/26/2013, 18:56   #8

I have 20 mil speedpoints in most wanted 2 and i'm not even bored of it. A new NFS, omg why so fast?
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/26/2013, 19:30   #9

Well I'm talking about gameplay. Underground 1 and 2 have low graphic but they're fkin' fun as hell and they bring me a lot of memories.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/26/2013, 23:47   #10

auto gx
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/27/2013, 11:10   #11

Thumbs up What was that ?!?!

That was the stupidest TEASER i had ever seen isn't teaser suppost to tease you to buy that stuff well so much i have seen in this video are 2 piece of **** cars skidding on a road and Captions that stated NEED FOR SPEED RIVALS....... OMG people just keep making **** all the time i think tha EA never made a good NFS after their MASTERPIECES UNDERGROUND, UNDERGROUND 2 and MOST WANTED 1....
Old 05/28/2013, 11:42   #12

I must buy PS4 and Im waiting for this one!
Old 05/30/2013, 19:03   #13

Nice game
Old 06/01/2013, 10:53   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by joksa969 View Post
Well I'm talking about gameplay. Underground 1 and 2 have low graphic but they're fkin' fun as hell and they bring me a lot of memories.
thats because they have a better idea back then... the gameplay make you feel more like we're driving around some world and it feel that we we're really in the game rather than just racing like the NFS: the run and a few of the latest game of the NFS are too restricted to online gameplay not like underground or most wanted that makes the single player and multiplayer have the same fun
Old 06/03/2013, 12:19   #15

lol dat game.

Tags
nfs:r