Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 14:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

The Repopulation: PvE Content Explained

Discussion on The Repopulation: PvE Content Explained within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
The Repopulation: PvE Content Explained

The development team of The Repopulation has revealed a lot of details regarding the PvE content of this game; going from the solo and group missions to world alterations by actions.

During this release of information, developers have been really clear as of how "linear" the question goes:

"First and foremost we want to stress that PvE in The Repopulation is very different than you would see in a theme park oriented game. There are some lengthy mission storylines with branching outcomes, but linear content is not what drives this game.

We believe that players should be able to play the game the way they want to play it. Some players will simply want to craft, harvest, build nations, PvP or go out and hunt mobs without any driving factor, and they are freely able to do that. In the latter part of this article we'll explain our Den and One Time systems which are designed for those types of players. Other players like to have something driving them however, and still others would rather do some of the above, and to happen into situations that require their attention. For those latter two types, we have the mission and engagement systems, which aim to provide endless opportunities for players willing to participate."

They have talked about the missions in game, comparing them to the normal quests players go through when playing any MMORPG.

"The Repopulation focuses instead of generated content that is custom tailored to your character and offered in a non-linear fashion. That's not to say that The Repopulation does not have static missions or lengthy storylines, it does.

You will never need to do missions to progress. Missions are a purely optional feature, but a feature that most players will participate in."

As well, and something really interesting that has been said is that NPCs have been given a sense of individuality, as they have different Personality Traits which will make them different from other NPCs in game, to give this personality, some characteristics provided to the NPCs include professions, personality, mood, dilemma, and cause.

Regarding rewards, developers have added both, specific and random items, credits, imprints, training cards, skill points, faction, military experience, temporary bonuses, achievements and more.

"The mission system will also give nearby groupmates a chance to share in the rewards, even giving a bonus to rewards based on the number of players in your group. Each player will automatically get their share of the loot without needing it to be handed in manually. The player who owned the mission will receive a higher chance at rewards than other players. These group rewards are meant to encourage grouping."

To check on the full released article, just follow this link.
Attached Thumbnails
The Repopulation: PvE Content Explained-therepopulation.jpg  
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/24/2012, 05:01   #2

elite*gold: 0
Sounds Epic Looking foward to it
Old 10/24/2012, 10:31   #3

elite*gold: 10
tthanks
Old 11/17/2012, 23:24   #4

elite*gold: 0