Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > World of Warcraft > WoW Guides & Templates
You last visited: Today at 22:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

PvE Armor Sets Explained

Old   #1

elite*gold: 209
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,607
TBC PvE Armor Sets

First off, there are 3 End-Game PvE Armor sets, 1 End-Game PvP Armor set, and 1 End-Game Arena Armor set planned.

I'm just going to go ahead and number these as I see fit (i.e. Tier XX), if a more official numbering convention comes out, I'll edit my post.

PVE SETS

All current PvE Sets planned for TBC are 5-piece sets!!!

Head
Shoulder
Chest
Hands
Legs

All current PvE Sets planned for TBC have 2-piece and 4-piece set bonuses, that is all.

Dungeon Set 3 (a.k.a. Tier 3.5)
This set is a BLUE set with an item level of 115. The pieces of this set drop off of DUNGEON bosses in the upper level instances (e.g. Tempest Keep, Coilfang Res, etc). This set is most similar to the Tier 0 set in game now, with a few small differences.

There are 13 (you heard me) Tier 3.5 sets. None of these sets are class specific, however 9 of the sets have set bonuses related to a certain class, so each class has "their" set, which would normally go to them. Additionally, there is a completely non-class specific set for each armor type (plate, mail, leather, and cloth) to make the additional 4 sets - each of these 4 sets have similar set bonuses (hit rating and attack power/spell damage).

There aren't "different" sets based on spec for the Dungeon sets, though I assume it's because they are also "not class specific."

(I'm going to make links to all the sets that I can, but if I'm not supposed to - you Blue peeps can edit them out for me, or just make a post requesting I do so, and I will.)

The sets follow below:

Moonglade Raiment - The "Druid" Set

Beast Lord Armor - The "Hunter" Set

Incanter's Regalia - The "Mage" Set

Righteous Armor - The "Paladin" Set

Hallowed Raiment - The "Priest" Set

Assassination Armor - The "Rogue" Set

Tidefury Raiment - The "Shaman" Set

Oblivion Raiment - The "Warlock" Set

Bold Armor - The "Warrior" Set

Doomplate Battlegear - The "Plate" Set

Desolation Battlegear - The "Mail" Set

Wastewalker Armor - The "Leather" Set

Mana-Etched Regalia - The "Cloth" Set

Raid Set 4 (a.k.a. Tier 4)
This set is a PURPLE set with an item level of 105. The quest item turn ins to obtain pieces of this set drop off of RAID bosses in the upper level instances (e.g. Karazhan, Gruul?s Lair, etc). So far, these raid encounters are ONYXIA style raid encounters and small group raid encounters (i.e. 10-man Karazhan). This set is most similar to the Tier 2.5 set in game now, with a few small differences.

There are "9" Tier 4 sets, all of which are class specific because they are obtained via item turn in. I put the number of sets in quotes because there are different sets based literally on spec for certain classes. A very small number of set bonuses relate to abilities gained through talent points, so again, these sets are essentially spec specific. The quests are currently repeatable, so you can collect each set for your class - or you can collect multiple sets for different purposes (such as resists).

Currently, the sets are obtained through item turn ins as follows:
Items of the Fallen Champion - Used to purchase Paladin, Rogue, and Shaman pieces
Items of the Fallen Defender - Used to purchase Druid, Priest, and Warrior pieces
Items of the Fallen Hero - Used to purchase Hunter, Mage, and Warlock pieces

The sets follow below:

Malorne Regalia - The Druid Balance Set

Malorne Harness - The Druid Feral Set

Malorne Raiment - The Druid Restoration Set

Demon Stalker Armor - The Hunter Set

Aldor Regalia - The Mage Set

Justicar Raiment - The Paladin Holy Set

Justicar Armor - The Paladin Protection Set

Justicar Battlegear - The Paladin Retribution Set

Incarnate Raiment - The Priest Holy Set

Incarnate Regalia - The Priest DPS Set (Smite or Shadow builds)

Netherblade - The Rogue Set

Cyclone Regalia - The Shaman Elemental Set

Cyclone Harness - The Shaman Enhancement Set

Cyclone Raiment - The Shaman Restoration Set

Voidheart Raiment - The Warlock Set

Warbringer Battlegear - The Warrior DPS Set (Fury or Arms builds)

Warbringer Armor - The Warrior Protection Set

Raid Set 5 (a.k.a. Tier 5)
This set is a PURPLE set with an item level of 120. This set is very similar to the Tier 4 set in terms of availability and obtaining pieces.

The quest item turn ins to obtain pieces of this set drop off of RAID bosses in the highest level instances (???, possibly Black Temple). This set is most similar to the Tier 2.5 set in game now, with a few small differences.

There are "9" Tier 5 sets, all of which are class specific because they are obtained via item turn in. I put the number of sets in quotes because there are different sets for certain classes. I currently don?t know if any of the set bonuses on Tier 5 effect abilities gained via talents, but I would imagine they do. The quests are currently repeatable, so you can collect each set for your class - or you can collect multiple sets for different purposes (such as resists).

Currently, the sets are obtained through item turn ins as follows:
Items of the Vanquished Champion - Used to purchase Paladin, Rogue, and Shaman pieces
Items of the Vanquished Defender - Used to purchase Druid, Priest, and Warrior pieces
Items of the Vanquished Hero - Used to purchase Hunter, Mage, and Warlock pieces

What information I currently have, I?m posting below:

Nordrassil Ragalia - The Druid Balance Set

Nordrassil Harness - The Druid Feral Set

Nordrassil Raiment - The Druid Restoration Set

Rift Stalker Armor - The Hunter Set

Tirisfal Regalia - The Mage Set

Crystalforge Raiment - The Paladin Holy Set

Crystalforge Armor - The Paladin Protection Set

Crystalforge Battlegear - The Paladin Retribution Set

Avatar Raiment - The Priest Holy Set

Avatar Regalia - The Priest DPS Set (Smite or Shadow builds)

Deathmantle - The Rogue Set

Corruptor's Raiment - The Warlock Set (thx Cyndel)

Destroyer Battlegear - The Warrior DPS Set (Fury or Arms builds)

Destroyer Armor - The Warrior Protection Set

Old 12/25/2006, 19:48   #2

elite*gold: 21
soll Tempest Keep nich einer der schwersten Inzen in Bc werden?

weil
"Dungeon Set 3 (a.k.a. Tier 3.5)
This set is a BLUE set with an item level of 115. The pieces of this set drop off of DUNGEON bosses in the upper level instances (e.g. Tempest Keep, Coilfang Res, etc)"

« Hellfire Citadel Bollwerk | Kleiner Guide zum Entfluchen 2.0 »