Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Flyff > Flyff Private Server
You last visited: Today at 02:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Can we change some rules regarding this sub-forum?

Discussion on Can we change some rules regarding this sub-forum? within the Flyff Private Server forum part of the Flyff category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 10
Can we change some rules regarding this sub-forum?

I know a lot of people say Flyff is dead.

But allowing the standard for thread-naming, asking questions etc, to drop as low as 0 is ridiculous.

Maybe make a Flyff Help section?
Change the rules, so proper thread names are a must, I know, not everyone speaks english, but they can at least try.

Also thread names like [Help] should just be deleted with a warning for the user.

All this degrades this whole (sub) forum.

Maybe bringing it to an "higher" intellectual level (or stricter deleting of threads) could help the liveliness of this (sub) forum.

I mean, if anyone looks at the threads, he just laughs, thinks people on here are to stupid to even read a single thing, and leaves.

This isnt funny anymore, this is sad.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 11/12/2017, 22:29   #2

elite*gold: 0
Most of them are same 3 - 4 Filipinos who repeatedly change names and hop proxies. I agree a rule should be implemented here as they don't care to learn, yet to profit off someone else's help.

Sadly though no matter what is implemented they will continue regardless, it won't stop until people stop spoon-feeding them every answer and they are forced to actually learn things themselves.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/13/2017, 00:36   #3

What I dislike seeing is the majority of the people don't or haven't done any research. Their first instinctive thought is to make a post here about any simple problematic issues, without explaining the actual issue. Half of the thread titles are simply "help" or "wont work" rather than anything explanatory. Some of the issues are quite common C++ errors and warnings as well, that can be done with a simple google search or looking at the MSDN. IE: Missing semi-colon.

Sure, we all start somewhere, but most of the people that I have encountered asking for help (nowadays that is), ask for assistance just haven't started. They don't bother taking the time to learn basic knowledge regarding the language, even though most of them always say that they are either an IT student or want to be one.

I think that applying a higher standard for requesting help is a great idea to implement to this sub-forum, even if it is just having a more descriptive thread title, and hopefully a more descriptive post rather than just "help pls. crash".
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/13/2017, 06:41   #4

It would be nice to have some kind of rule that your thread name should at least be somewhat descriptive of your problem and not just a generic cry for help.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/13/2017, 19:44   #5
wild wild son

Received Thanks: 3,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinami View Post
[...] Maybe bringing it to an "higher" intellectual level (or stricter deleting of threads) could help the liveliness of this (sub) forum. [...]
Maybe - but what about disadvantages?
Old 11/13/2017, 21:03   #6

The disadvantage of not having to deal with idiot spammers who dont want to learn anything?

The disadvantage of having a "cleaner" (sub) forum, with better named threads where people actually go to help others that are willing to learn?

hm.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/13/2017, 21:22   #7

I stopped helping for that exact reason
Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/14/2017, 22:42   #8
ベトナム警察

elite*gold: 725
The Black Market: 516/0/0
Received Thanks: 3,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortix View Post
I stopped helping for that exact reason
I agree. I won't be able to answer on those threads with insufficient information and unmeaningful thread title. In my opinion, a rule change isn't really necessary. It would be better to create a tutorial how to describe a problem. Tbh, a tutorial could also be useless for many of us but it gives us the opportunity to describe a problem correctly. It is better to do something instead of nothing.
Old 11/15/2017, 08:49   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ​Lumi View Post
It would be better to create a tutorial how to describe a problem.
Assuming anyone would read it.

Why don't they just use the search function because their questions were answered already thousands of times
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/15/2017, 14:26   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortix View Post
Assuming anyone would read it.

Why don't they just use the search function because their questions were answered already thousands of times

Because that would require a brain.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/19/2017, 17:17   #11
wild wild son

Received Thanks: 3,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinami View Post
The disadvantage of not having to deal with idiot spammers who dont want to learn anything?

The disadvantage of having a "cleaner" (sub) forum, with better named threads where people actually go to help others that are willing to learn?

hm.
It's not as simple as that, considering we are talking about a major change.

Personally, I like your idea of bringing this subforum to a higher level, but it's not absolutely guaranteed that the activity of helpers (people like you, I may not rely on the few people contributing to this topic here) is going to increase. Actually, traffic loss and users being discouraged by the lack of active threads would be the worst case scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ​Lumi View Post
I agree. I won't be able to answer on those threads with insufficient information and unmeaningful thread title. In my opinion, a rule change isn't really necessary. It would be better to create a tutorial how to describe a problem. Tbh, a tutorial could also be useless for many of us but it gives us the opportunity to describe a problem correctly. It is better to do something instead of nothing.
I don't think that a guide would be the only thing we need as it wouldn't change that much, guidelines would rather be needed in order to have and keep things in hand. After all, our goal would be to have an acceptable and complete solution.

However, I will consult our community managers as this would be a decision I don't want to make alone. Keep discussing!
Old 11/19/2017, 20:36   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Personally, I like your idea of bringing this subforum to a higher level, but it's not absolutely guaranteed that the activity of helpers (people like you, I may not rely on the few people contributing to this topic here) is going to increase. Actually, traffic loss and users being discouraged by the lack of active threads would be the worst case scenario.
I don't think so, but that is just my opinion.

Of course there is more to it then I can guess, but:

Are less "help me", "help id", "help" threads really bad?

I'd rather have fewer threads and like 2-3 serious one's with a good name and someone willing to learn, than 10 stupid "help x" threads I will never ever click.

And I think most people are thinking this way, they just don't bother with these threads, why should they? Its basically guaranteed that, if someone cant even figure out a good thread name and posts 4 different help threads, that all hope is lost for him, he will never learn, he can apparently not figure out a thread name -> not worth my time.

It is harsh, but it is how it is.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/19/2017, 23:45   #13

They don't say thanks, or even hit the ty button either. I mean even with the stupidity of the spamming help they could at-least be someone grateful. Can't even do that it seems.

I assume this new rule change would get 3 - 4 people banned around here lmao.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/20/2017, 08:14   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KetchupSamurai View Post
They don't say thanks, or even hit the ty button either. I mean even with the stupidity of the spamming help they could at-least be someone grateful. Can't even do that it seems.

I assume this new rule change would get 3 - 4 people banned around here lmao.
And nothing of value was lost ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks
4 Users
Old 11/20/2017, 12:06   #15

elite*gold: 7
Received Thanks: 3,213
Kinami hat absolut Recht. Es ist extrem viel gespame, was von unseren Flyff Kollegen da kommt.
Ein Sammelthread mit allen Fragen und das Thema wäre doch erledigt.
Eine Richtlinie dazu wäre doch nice.

Oder einfach nur ein Thread in der Sticky, die darauf hinweißt. Hat man es einmal gelesen, so sollte das auch verstanden sein. Dazu wäre ich dafür das wir es dann in 4 Sprachen anbieten. Deutsch, Englisch, Philipino und Französisch.
@
Ich weiß wir sind ein Deutsch- und Englischsprachiges Forum, aber eine kleine Ausnahme um den Bereich sauber zu halten sollte ja drin sein Vielleicht hilft das ja