Most of them are same 3 - 4 Filipinos who repeatedly change names and hop proxies. I agree a rule should be implemented here as they don't care to learn, yet to profit off someone else's help.
Sadly though no matter what is implemented they will continue regardless, it won't stop until people stop spoon-feeding them every answer and they are forced to actually learn things themselves.
What I dislike seeing is the majority of the people don't or haven't done any research. Their first instinctive thought is to make a post here about any simple problematic issues, without explaining the actual issue. Half of the thread titles are simply "help" or "wont work" rather than anything explanatory. Some of the issues are quite common C++ errors and warnings as well, that can be done with a simple google search or looking at the MSDN. IE: Missing semi-colon.
Sure, we all start somewhere, but most of the people that I have encountered asking for help (nowadays that is), ask for assistance just haven't started. They don't bother taking the time to learn basic knowledge regarding the language, even though most of them always say that they are either an IT student or want to be one.
I think that applying a higher standard for requesting help is a great idea to implement to this sub-forum, even if it is just having a more descriptive thread title, and hopefully a more descriptive post rather than just "help pls. crash".
It would be nice to have some kind of rule that your thread name should at least be somewhat descriptive of your problem and not just a generic cry for help.
I agree. I won't be able to answer on those threads with insufficient information and unmeaningful thread title. In my opinion, a rule change isn't really necessary. It would be better to create a tutorial how to describe a problem. Tbh, a tutorial could also be useless for many of us but it gives us the opportunity to describe a problem correctly. It is better to do something instead of nothing.
The disadvantage of not having to deal with idiot spammers who dont want to learn anything?
The disadvantage of having a "cleaner" (sub) forum, with better named threads where people actually go to help others that are willing to learn?
hm.
It's not as simple as that, considering we are talking about a major change.
Personally, I like your idea of bringing this subforum to a higher level, but it's not absolutely guaranteed that the activity of helpers (people like you, I may not rely on the few people contributing to this topic here) is going to increase. Actually, traffic loss and users being discouraged by the lack of active threads would be the worst case scenario.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumi
I agree. I won't be able to answer on those threads with insufficient information and unmeaningful thread title. In my opinion, a rule change isn't really necessary. It would be better to create a tutorial how to describe a problem. Tbh, a tutorial could also be useless for many of us but it gives us the opportunity to describe a problem correctly. It is better to do something instead of nothing.
I don't think that a guide would be the only thing we need as it wouldn't change that much, guidelines would rather be needed in order to have and keep things in hand. After all, our goal would be to have an acceptable and complete solution.
However, I will consult our community managers as this would be a decision I don't want to make alone. Keep discussing!
Personally, I like your idea of bringing this subforum to a higher level, but it's not absolutely guaranteed that the activity of helpers (people like you, I may not rely on the few people contributing to this topic here) is going to increase. Actually, traffic loss and users being discouraged by the lack of active threads would be the worst case scenario.
I don't think so, but that is just my opinion.
Of course there is more to it then I can guess, but:
Are less "help me", "help id", "help" threads really bad?
I'd rather have fewer threads and like 2-3 serious one's with a good name and someone willing to learn, than 10 stupid "help x" threads I will never ever click.
And I think most people are thinking this way, they just don't bother with these threads, why should they? Its basically guaranteed that, if someone cant even figure out a good thread name and posts 4 different help threads, that all hope is lost for him, he will never learn, he can apparently not figure out a thread name -> not worth my time.
They don't say thanks, or even hit the ty button either. I mean even with the stupidity of the spamming help they could at-least be someone grateful. Can't even do that it seems.
I assume this new rule change would get 3 - 4 people banned around here lmao.
They don't say thanks, or even hit the ty button either. I mean even with the stupidity of the spamming help they could at-least be someone grateful. Can't even do that it seems.
I assume this new rule change would get 3 - 4 people banned around here lmao.
Kinami hat absolut Recht. Es ist extrem viel gespame, was von unseren Flyff Kollegen da kommt.
Ein Sammelthread mit allen Fragen und das Thema wäre doch erledigt.
Eine Richtlinie dazu wäre doch nice.
Oder einfach nur ein Thread in der Sticky, die darauf hinweißt. Hat man es einmal gelesen, so sollte das auch verstanden sein. Dazu wäre ich dafür das wir es dann in 4 Sprachen anbieten. Deutsch, Englisch, Philipino und Französisch.
@
Ich weiß wir sind ein Deutsch- und Englischsprachiges Forum, aber eine kleine Ausnahme um den Bereich sauber zu halten sollte ja drin sein Vielleicht hilft das ja
Neues Sub 4 Sub Forum 02/12/2013 - Freebies - 5 Replies Hey Leute,
Ihr seit am Anfang eurer Youtube-Karriere oder schafft den Sprung in die Berühmtheit einfach nicht? Aus eigener Erfahrung weiß ich, dass es sehr schwer ist einen Fuß zu fassen. Aber ab Heute versuchen wir das zu ändern.
Daher möchten wir heute unser neues Projekt vorstellen. Es handelt sich um ein "Sub4Sub"- Projekt, bei dem es darum geht sich gegenseitig zu unterstützen.
http://s7.directupload.net/images/130212/45dhvopf .jpg
Wie man sieht, kann mal als einzelner schon...
Neues Sub 4 Sub Forum 02/12/2013 - Off Topic - 2 Replies Hey Leute,
Ihr seit am Anfang eurer Youtube-Karriere oder schafft den Sprung in die Berühmtheit einfach nicht? Aus eigener Erfahrung weiß ich, dass es sehr schwer ist einen Fuß zu fassen. Aber ab Heute versuchen wir das zu ändern.
Daher möchten wir heute unser neues Projekt vorstellen. Es handelt sich um ein "Sub4Sub"- Projekt, bei dem es darum geht sich gegenseitig zu unterstützen.
http://s7.directupload.net/images/130212/45dhvopf .jpg
Wie man sieht, kann mal als einzelner schon...
[REQUEST] Sub Forum in a Sub Forum? 03/10/2009 - CO2 Private Server - 3 Replies can the moderators or admins make a sub forum in the sub forum ( co2 pserver discussions/questions) about TQ binaries.. its because all of the same questions keep popping up and already been answered and released but people keep posting them over and over again
if not just close this thread =]] thx for reading