Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Final Fantasy XIV
You last visited: Today at 17:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

FFXIV Crafter

Discussion on FFXIV Crafter within the Final Fantasy XIV forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 10/03/2011, 21:24   #166

elite*gold: 0
I'll share my opinion on wait strategies which may differ to others' but this has worked very well for me

the simplest (yet effective) way to handle "waits" is:

Only wait up to twice on a prismatic(flashing) orb, if still prismatic after that then Standard, then wait again if needed. Any other orb doesnt matter.

The only other time I would consider waiting is to estabilise lightning elements (regardless of orb color), since they WILL make you lose the synth if you don't do something about them fast. I would do Wait x2, standard(to reset wait loss), Wait x2, etc. until element stabilises.

If the bot is configured to allow Careful, most likely this is to try for HQ mats on a recipe you heavily outlevel, so bolding on a red orb would be a good thing (red orbs give higher quality, as confirmed by SE)
Old 10/03/2011, 22:06   #167

Cooleko, your program is great, thanks for your hard work.

But wouldn't it be possible to allow the number of crafts to be unlimited? Having it set to 50 as the maximum is not very useful if you want to go through several stacks of materials while being away from the PC. Maybe for the next version you could allow this? Thank you.
Old 10/03/2011, 22:46   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HELL View Post
Cooleko, your program is great, thanks for your hard work.

But wouldn't it be possible to allow the number of crafts to be unlimited? Having it set to 50 as the maximum is not very useful if you want to go through several stacks of materials while being away from the PC. Maybe for the next version you could allow this? Thank you.
you don't have to use 50, you can type a number in there and the bot will do that many synth.
Old 10/03/2011, 22:58   #169

Just a thought, but are you going to have the trial version running up until maintenance time (2:00 P.M. PDT) or only until midnight? It would be amazing if you could keep it up until maintenance. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going to be trying to craft all the way up until it kicks me off, and I still won't get everything crafted I would like.
Old 10/04/2011, 00:28   #170

its a crafting frenzy folks, better get it all in now!!!
Old 10/04/2011, 00:34   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesculapius View Post
you don't have to use 50, you can type a number in there and the bot will do that many synth.
Mind-blown.

Thanks for the tip
Old 10/04/2011, 06:21   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleko View Post
Which version was failing for you? Using EST time, your post and my last beta version are on the same day just 3 hours apart. Can you post the error log from your latest failure if it was indeed the beta a few posts back? At this point I can't do anything without seeing what is going wrong from the bot's prospective.
Quick update before patch tomorrow. Using your latest version, the bot no longer exists a leve upon failing one or several synths. It will automatically return to the leve should it exit.
Old 10/04/2011, 12:56   #173

latest version still chooses wait over HotG, as well as doing sometimes (2/90 crafts around) careful even if not wanted. its fine with the careful,happens mostly after wait,(if at all)
only the wait > HotG bothers me a bit. and yes, a preselect for 100 would be great (i know i can type it,but this shouldn't be too hard to apply)

edit/ and some task got solved halfway,but that is going to change anyway,so talking after patch,and rebuilding the memory-spots (i assume they change)
Old 10/04/2011, 14:58   #174

I havent fixed wait issue yet, it is on a list with a few other things that I will fix when I can. Also, I have not been able to reproduce the careful problem, I need to see the log from someone that this occurs to. what do you mean by some task got solved halfway?
Old 10/04/2011, 19:15   #175

i usually don't do logs on such things, and reproducing it,well.. kinda hard it happens totally random, 6hour craft nothing,then twice in 10 minutes, then again nothing,and its always just one craft,after this,it does the usual standard again. nothing to worry much about

tasks
well sometimes it mixes tasks in form ,you select 6 crafts,it stops at 3 crafts,and does another, calls then finish,and leaves several tasks with at least 1-3 items left unfinished
its np, recheck and select the tasks ,then just select the number to whats left to do,and on the 2nd turn it finishes it. (also not much to worry)
*imo* only the wait-hotg is urgent,all other is just cosmetically nature,and something to look back later
Old 10/04/2011, 19:29   #176

a useful thing could be see clock time in debug view just to know how long take the crafts or something like time forecast, i know that normal craft is about 33-36 x hour and hasty crafts could vary from 50 to 80 but could be better something more exact...anyway i thank you again i found very useful more for massive craft levelling than for locals leves (i found faster and safer do them manually)...sometimes the pause doesn't really stop also after waiting some actions but is also so easy to close and re-open that i din't care about that.Was very funny thanks a lot
Old 10/05/2011, 02:32   #177

cooleko, whats ur ETA on the update?
Old 10/05/2011, 03:11   #178

Crafting bot is fixed already, mining bot is taking more time as the offsets were completely restructured. I wasnt going to up the crafting bot till I was done with a huge list of changes. If you guys really want the old one back I can up it
Old 10/05/2011, 03:17   #179

PLEEASE!!
Old 10/05/2011, 03:26   #180

That would be amazing! I was happy to see nugget recipes still work, so hopefully I can finish getting GLD, BLM, and ARM to 50 before they remove the easy nugget/square recipes.

Your bot is the only thing that makes crafting in this game tolerable at the moment lol. I hope you're getting enough donations to feel it's worth it. I dropped you one the other day, and I'll gladly donate a little more when I can. I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say you're doing a great job with the updates, and we really appreciate the effort. ^^