Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Final Fantasy XIV
You last visited: Today at 11:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

FFXIV Crafter

Discussion on FFXIV Crafter within the Final Fantasy XIV forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 10/02/2011, 00:10   #151

elite*gold: 0
finished free trial?
my suggestion to include blind speed (armorer) to put rapid, assemble , Hasty ,hothg, for shard making or fast generic easy crafting....
Old 10/02/2011, 01:38   #152

any idea when the bot is coming back up i just bought 1000 black sole ; ;

Nvm i just realise :/

For people that find their version isnt working...

you need the new version on the 1st post of this thread then it will work again ^^
Old 10/02/2011, 01:51   #153

Newest version only works till update, just FYI
Old 10/02/2011, 08:59   #154

from time to time it choses wait over hotg,what would be risky,instead of pushing it thru,maybe changing priority towards hotg instead of wait? just *imo*
Old 10/02/2011, 14:50   #155

The NPC support refresh is working great for me, only a bit risky to afk for long periods in such a public place lol - but otherwise great stuff, thanks for continuing to let us test this bot Cooleko
Old 10/02/2011, 17:28   #156

thanks for reminding me manuela, I have been meaning to change that for a long time now because it irritates me that I choose wait when their are abilities up and then after wait they are gone. I'll put something in
Old 10/03/2011, 00:36   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleko View Post
thanks for reminding me manuela, I have been meaning to change that for a long time now because it irritates me that I choose wait when their are abilities up and then after wait they are gone. I'll put something in
Especially when it does this with preserve, which would completely alleviate any need to wait in the first place.
Old 10/03/2011, 08:06   #158

so i've tired the new ver and i still get the same problem of the bot quitting the leve if i fail with ~<50% progress here is the log this time.

Doesnt happen often so its not really a issue, but sometime its annoying when you have 3-4 leve que'd up and it fails on the first craft.
Old 10/03/2011, 09:18   #159

Interesting, I reproduced the problem, added a few debug lines to see why it wasnt working, then it started working as intended. I didnt change anything else, So im just gonna leave the debug lines in place I really don't like unexplained problems, but i'll just have to figure out what causes the problem later and then fix that.
Old 10/03/2011, 11:27   #160

Reproduced that issue as well with the version2 up from yesterday.

But I must say for the most part the bot has been much more stable. So far I haven't experienced anymore looping where the bot cannot detect the crafting window, even with my persistent login/logout with different characters/ accounts(duo box).

One issue though sometimes it has a tendency to "over wait" so much that it destabilizes the orb again. i.e. prismatic -> wait -> yellow -> wait -> prismatic. Synth with prismatic is generally not desirable except under unique circumstances when attempting HQ.

Another issue is that sometimes the bot sends /tell twice in a row. it generally isn't an issue if you time it correctly but if a limiter can be inserted somehow to prevent the same message being sent twice consecutively that would be best.

That's it for now from this past week. Keep up the great work and awesome support!
Old 10/03/2011, 14:40   #161

Which version was failing for you? Using EST time, your post and my last beta version are on the same day just 3 hours apart. Can you post the error log from your latest failure if it was indeed the beta a few posts back? At this point I can't do anything without seeing what is going wrong from the bot's prospective.

If you dont mind, would you explain precisely how orbs work? I have never paid a bit of attention to them, which is why the bot doesnt take them into account. If i knew what they looked like and what you were supposed to do about them I could find the offsets and add logic based on the orb status. You will need to be pretty thorough if you want it added in. I need to know just about everything there is to know, even silly things such as how many times to wait before giving up on the orb status and just trying to craft again.

I have never (in 6+ months) encountered the bot sending a /t more than once. Sometimes a /t will get lost as windows change and you need to send the /t again. For this reason alone, I wouldnt want to implement a prevention against sending the same /t twice. But maybe I could make it s/t you cant send the same tell twice unless a certain period of time has passed.
Old 10/03/2011, 18:53   #162

When I check the box that says no careful... all it uses is careful synth
Old 10/03/2011, 20:00   #163

Thank you for letting me know. If you wouldn't mind, please help me help you and tell me your crafting job, offhand/mainhand, and post the debug log.
Old 10/03/2011, 21:02   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleko View Post
If you dont mind, would you explain precisely how orbs work? I have never paid a bit of attention to them, which is why the bot doesnt take them into account. If i knew what they looked like and what you were supposed to do about them I could find the offsets and add logic based on the orb status. You will need to be pretty thorough if you want it added in. I need to know just about everything there is to know, even silly things such as how many times to wait before giving up on the orb status and just trying to craft again.
This is from:

Quote:
1. White Orb- The most stable of the orb conditions and also the starting condition of the orb when a synthesis is begun. Typically I always strive to maintain the orb as white when possible using stabilizing commands. White orbs also tend to be the best condition for quality pushes (use of Bold Synthesis as well as advanced commands that further increase quality).

2. Yellow Orb- A slightly less stable version of white. This orb condition is usually pretty stable and can allow for quality pushes following a string of successful actions.

3. Red Orb- The least stable solid color orb I have found from experience. I typically will not quality push on a Red Orb unless I seriously out rank the synthesis (+10 ranks usually, sometimes more).

4. Flashing Multicolor Orb- When the orb changes in color and pulses between all colors this means the orb is the least stable. I recommend never using Bold Synthesis on a flashing orb unless you out rank the synthesis.
I've read similar things in other forums.

so basically wait on prisim and red (if you are grinding high level). Although with the way the bot is set up right now, im getting decent enough success rate (80~90%).
Old 10/03/2011, 21:10   #165

I will post the log if I can replicate it again with the most updated version of your bot. It isn't common for me to fail leves. It was done using an alt. The version that was failing was indeed from a few post back, not the one you uploaded in post #161.

==================
About orbs there are 4 general types:
White: all actions ok
Yellow: all actions ok
Red: avoid bold, standard it out.
Prismatic: avoid completely, wait 3 times max to lose it, many times 1 or 2 waits will suffice.

It had been speculated that different colors meant different difficulty in that particular synth with White (stable) -> Yellow -> Red -> Prismatic (Flashing/Unstable). If you were to "Careful Synth" Prismatic, chances are you would turn the synthesis chaotic. Hence as a general rule, you try to avoid it (there are exceptions when attempting HQ under unique circumstances).

The general rule for waiting out of prismatic is a maximum of 3 tries, beyond that it's not worth waiting and you should attempt a standard synth, then proceed with waiting again if the orb remains prismatic.

The speed crafting abilities, Piece by Piece, Assemble, Grand Design, etc, can be used under all circumstances regardless of orb, for the most part the orb status does not hinder the rate of success for those abilities.

==================
Yes if it doesn't send the same tell twice, that would suffice. Right now I pause the bot, send tell then unpause the bot whenever I do it to prevent the same message being sent twice. It tends to happen when the bot is about to do an action, sending it at those moments sometimes results in the message being sent twice.

If you still need clarification on the intricacies of crafting/orb statuses let me know, I am more than willing to help.

An update about HQing: High Quality =/= Increased Chance of HQ. Instead it increases your chance of a higher order of HQ. I.E. +2/+3. But another thing actually comes into play regarding HQ, and that is the item rank of its ingredients. I.E. if you had a recipe that requires 2 items, a r50 and a r25, HQ of the r50 item will predominate towards increasing your chance of HQ, however whether you get HQ +1,2,3 will be determined by how high you can push the quality up. This is essentially true as I have crafted hundreds of hours and I'm pretty confident in this, until 1.20 when they will change the HQ system.

"Careful synth" during Prismatic and Red will indeed yield higher quality gains. HOWEVER your success will be very limited with recipes you don't outrank by at least 10 ranks. In addition, it is ideal that you only attempt a bold on red or prismatic following a chain of successful actions (ideally standard). Repeated bold synths, successful or not, drastically increases the inherent "risk" of the synthesis making any additional bold attempts more likely to fail.

The HQ system as it is right now is way to complicated for the bot to efficiently do it, but a note of the orb statuses alone will go a long way in success.