Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Final Fantasy XIV
You last visited: Today at 01:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

FFXIV Crafter

Discussion on FFXIV Crafter within the Final Fantasy XIV forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 03/22/2012, 14:00   #391

elite*gold: 0
finding that the bot starts ******** up, sometimes as early as 15 synths, will just scroll up continuously - failing the synth and continues to scroll up in the "start synth" window (where choosing 'requested items' 'recipes' 'main hand', etc). ... this could be b/c i use the bot when i'm afk sleeping, usually when i lag alot during peak JP playing times, heh.
Old 03/22/2012, 21:52   #392

having problems getting this started i get everything setup hit start then it says attempting corrections then kicks me out of crafting position then just says not in craft window
Old 03/22/2012, 23:49   #393

reboot your computer, if you have recently recovered from a relog or played for too long without logging out, the bot will be unable to trace the correct path in memory.

@navys2000, I have not experienced this and I do not craft anymore. I cannot assist without the debug log when one of these incidents occurs. If you can help me out with one I may be able to pinpoint the error and release a fix.
Old 03/23/2012, 13:45   #394

welll i shutdown whole comp and it still does it, i get in craft window in game setup bot hit start it is set on recipe then goes right to cancel, the bot will say attempting correction ill stand up b/c it cancels me out then it will just say error not in craftingwindow when i try again is there something i was supposed to change from the update or shoould it work straight from the download
Old 03/23/2012, 14:34   #395

I'd just like to add that the bot keeps failing synthesis 50% of the time because it uses rapid whether or not rapid box is checked. Bot is using it occasionally even in the middle of the synth with lots of durability left.
Old 03/23/2012, 15:59   #396

bot will always use rapid if you have < 11 durability as a last ditch effort to succeed
Old 03/27/2012, 19:29   #397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swambold View Post
welll i shutdown whole comp and it still does it, i get in craft window in game setup bot hit start it is set on recipe then goes right to cancel, the bot will say attempting correction ill stand up b/c it cancels me out then it will just say error not in craftingwindow when i try again is there something i was supposed to change from the update or shoould it work straight from the download
This is the case for me as well.
Old 03/27/2012, 22:04   #398

Does anyone have the updated offsets?
Old 03/28/2012, 08:56   #399

New offsets
Widget Header: F300A8
TargetID: EB6E8C
CharacterName: F07AF8
Thanks
4 Users
Old 03/30/2012, 01:01   #400

Just a heads up, emergency maintenance today broke this.
Old 03/30/2012, 01:47   #401

Is anybody able to explain how to find the new offsets?
Old 03/30/2012, 04:20   #402

New offsets
Widget Header: F310A8
TargetID: EB7E8C
CharacterName: F08AF8
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/30/2012, 05:56   #403

woot works thankls
Old 04/02/2012, 11:48   #404

Just out of curiosity (I hope this is viewed constructively!) is there any reason for, or way to fix the few errors for Ekocrafter? I'll list them below and if I can provide any debugs please let me know and I'll do what I can to help narrow it down!

#1) Not able to prevent careful or make it do a specific type of action (used to be able to make it do nothing but standard but that is not a defunct manner of synthing and now the bot will insert careful here and there). For people who aren't leveling, want to mass-synth without using the failure that is now HH (I'm parsing ~25% fail rate on 0exp items, fail rate of HH not the total synth that is) it would be wonderful if we could just spam rapid 3-5x on those synths to get it done quickly and with a high degree of success.

#2) The bot getting 'broken' or rather confused when using the progress abilities (Pride of labor, Assemble, Grand Design and the like). The progress abilities I seem to recall being a problem for a long time that hasn't been fixed, I'm not sure if it's because it ends the synth oddly or when it breaks the bot gets confused, but the bot just repeatedly scans for standard after using those abilities skipping right over standard until the synth fails from durability loss or it is manually stopped (sometimes it's 2x, sometimes it's 4x, it appears fairly random but I can get it to fail rather reliably if i make it do nothing but those abilities).

The above fits in with #1 in that if the bot worked properly with them one could slot those abilities and have a quick and fairly reliable way to synth things (particularly those that give 100+ exp).

#3) The logic that makes the bot use Hand of the Gods even if it has another action active, many times it'll select something like Fulfillment even though Hand of the Gods is available, then the next round before any other actions it'll pop Hand of the Gods. With abilities the way they are, it isn't an issue anymore if Hand of the Gods pops up even with a full list of abilities slotted. This not only will make it look less like a person is botting but it also will prevent issues with wasting abilities.

I hope I didn't come across demanding or snobby, your bot is great and it is always insanely quick to be updated with the new offsets which I am incredibly thankful for! I just wanted to let you be aware of a few issues if you weren't and I hope I properly explained, if anything sounded off or improper (it's late here @_@) please let me know and I'll do my best to explain it!

EDIT: Forgot one last thing, so used to it that it completely slipped my mind. Is there any way to choose what happens when you're done synthing? For example not standing up every 2 synths if you're making a 2-step synth, such as raptor gloves -> raptor gloves of toiling. I can jerry-rig it by making it synth 4 things, watching it when it's done with synth #2 and then switching to a new recipe but I was hoping for something a little less intrusive that didn't look as odd as constantly standing/sitting all the time if doing a few synths back to back.
Old 04/03/2012, 21:17   #405

I'll respond as best I can, but I havent been playing much and when I do play I havent been crafting.

Quote:
#1) Not able to prevent careful or make it do a specific type of action (used to be able to make it do nothing but standard but that is not a defunct manner of synthing and now the bot will insert careful here and there). For people who aren't leveling, want to mass-synth without using the failure that is now HH (I'm parsing ~25% fail rate on 0exp items, fail rate of HH not the total synth that is) it would be wonderful if we could just spam rapid 3-5x on those synths to get it done quickly and with a high degree of success.
Crafting was changed, it is better to weasel out the extra quality for a 50-300% bonus that it is to finish a synth with 40 durability. The bot is programmed to do this, but I thought it would only do it was enabled... If you post a debug log of this occurring, I can see if the bot is confused or intentionally doing it.

Quote:
#2) The bot getting 'broken' or rather confused when using the progress abilities (Pride of labor, Assemble, Grand Design and the like). The progress abilities I seem to recall being a problem for a long time that hasn't been fixed, I'm not sure if it's because it ends the synth oddly or when it breaks the bot gets confused, but the bot just repeatedly scans for standard after using those abilities skipping right over standard until the synth fails from durability loss or it is manually stopped (sometimes it's 2x, sometimes it's 4x, it appears fairly random but I can get it to fail rather reliably if i make it do nothing but those abilities).
After the update I crafted for a few hours to see if the bot was working, I didnt notice any errors (I frequently use 3/4 term abilities), but when I get some time I can try to see if something may be causing this. Debug logs will help

Quote:
#3) The logic that makes the bot use Hand of the Gods even if it has another action active, many times it'll select something like Fulfillment even though Hand of the Gods is available, then the next round before any other actions it'll pop Hand of the Gods. With abilities the way they are, it isn't an issue anymore if Hand of the Gods pops up even with a full list of abilities slotted. This not only will make it look less like a person is botting but it also will prevent issues with wasting abilities.
I agree, this logic was requested before but I didnt consider removing it with the new updates, along these lines, now that the ability chain is static, I should just add in the logic Lucid's bot used to use so I can pick my abilities without scrolling. Additionally, if people post their strategies for synthing I may consider a user defined series of abilities (Player defines how they want the bot to craft as a series of steps. For Example

Code:
1: Perfection (success) -> Rapid
2: Piece by Piece
3: Pride of Labor
4: Masterpiece (success) (stable) -> Careful
5: Hands of the Gods (>90%) -> Careful, (<80%) -> Rapid
Quote:
Is there any way to choose what happens when you're done synthing? For example not standing up every 2 synths if you're making a 2-step synth, such as raptor gloves -> raptor gloves of toiling. I can jerry-rig it by making it synth 4 things, watching it when it's done with synth #2 and then switching to a new recipe but I was hoping for something a little less intrusive that didn't look as odd as constantly standing/sitting all the time if doing a few synths back to back.
I already created a second bot that would do this type of synthing, where you could even have it craft until a certain number of successes for a primary and then do that many secondary, and lastly even sell them. However, I scrapped the work before adding in levequests/polishing due to time constraints I encountered over the last 6 months. I have been filling requests for the pay bots in my free time so havent been able to continue this line of work.

I really want to start from scratch, again, and build a log based crafter, but I dont have the time. The little time I do get is spent with my family.

I actively encourage feedback on my bots. There are a lot of good ideas out there that are never heard because no one speaks up