Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Final Fantasy XIV
You last visited: Today at 17:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Autoit bot(Craft/Fish) - Simple bot

Discussion on Autoit bot(Craft/Fish) - Simple bot within the Final Fantasy XIV forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 07/29/2011, 19:11   #271

elite*gold: 0
Thanks1 Ill try these settings out
Old 07/30/2011, 01:29   #272

Most settings will differ due to lag and other variables, The "sweet" spots are middle left and middle right. Most of the time you can fish an area and find the sweet spot before running the bot and set the timer to hit that spot.
Old 08/01/2011, 10:34   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesculapius View Post
After reconfirming the bot works again. If it can be minimized that would be great!

The fishing bot needs to be smarter about where to fish. I.E. if you the message "you are taking line" the bot should know to go closer in that direction and not hit some random location it has already hit before.
I actually had this in one of the version of the bot, but it was a pain to add the pixels so I got rid of it. I can tolerate the way it works atm :P
Old 08/03/2011, 05:30   #274

hey 13ouncer, I was previously over on the FFEVO boards discussing an "infinite wait" problem that I had been having. I'm determined that it has something to do with the clarification that fishing has ended and I have indeed caught a fish. What is happening is that the bot continues to try and jig (Window 3) even after the fish has been caught when means, essentially, that it is spamming enter...which is why it is continuously waiting. Is there a way to make it so that it actually recognizes that a fish has been caught or am I just doing something wrong? Window 3 pixels have been recorded correctly, according to your video so I'm at a loss here =\

tl;dr: My "infinite wait" problem seems to be during the transition from Window 3 back to window 1 as the bot isn't confirming the success or failure of the catch and is spamming enter where it thinks it is spamming "jig"

Here's the log for said events: Depth set to -3
Starting fish bot.
Checking Depth.
Changing depth to -3
Depth Set.
Waiting for fish.
Jig number 1 performed.
Jig number 2 performed.
Jig number 3 performed.
Jig number 4 performed.
Jig number 5 performed.
Jig number 1 performed.
Jig number 2 performed.
Jig number 3 performed.
Jig number 4 performed.
Jig number 5 performed.
Jig number 1 performed.
Jig number 2 performed.
Jig number 3 performed.
All bots deactivated.
Press again to activate.
Old 08/04/2011, 03:00   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by koji872909 View Post
hey 13ouncer, I was previously over on the FFEVO boards discussing an "infinite wait" problem that I had been having. I'm determined that it has something to do with the clarification that fishing has ended and I have indeed caught a fish. What is happening is that the bot continues to try and jig (Window 3) even after the fish has been caught when means, essentially, that it is spamming enter...which is why it is continuously waiting. Is there a way to make it so that it actually recognizes that a fish has been caught or am I just doing something wrong? Window 3 pixels have been recorded correctly, according to your video so I'm at a loss here =\

tl;dr: My "infinite wait" problem seems to be during the transition from Window 3 back to window 1 as the bot isn't confirming the success or failure of the catch and is spamming enter where it thinks it is spamming "jig"

Here's the log for said events: Depth set to -3
Starting fish bot.
Checking Depth.
Changing depth to -3
Depth Set.
Waiting for fish.
Jig number 1 performed.
Jig number 2 performed.
Jig number 3 performed.
Jig number 4 performed.
Jig number 5 performed.
Jig number 1 performed.
Jig number 2 performed.
Jig number 3 performed.
Jig number 4 performed.
Jig number 5 performed.
Jig number 1 performed.
Jig number 2 performed.
Jig number 3 performed.
All bots deactivated.
Press again to activate.
The bot is coded to stop and wait for either window 1 or window 3 after jigging. If a fish is not caught and window 3 is recorded and the bot detects window 3 it will jig again. If the bot detects window 1 it will start the fish process over again. What you are describing sounds like the bot is not detecting window 1 (Depth bar) so it keeps trying to jig.

I have noticed this happening ONLY when I am doing something else on my other monitor. When I leave the windows alone the bot seems to run flawlessly.

I will check the code again though to make sure there are not any errors.

Okay it's been a while since I looked at that code, but this is how it works.

The bot relies on the arrows that pop up after jigging. If the arrow is not there the bot will be at a stand still. If the pixel is recorded wrong the bot will keep jigging.
The code looks like this:
If $Check_1 <> $Jig_Box_3 then
Do things
Elseif
Do other things
EndIf

Jigbox3 = window 3
Make sure you do not have the arrows showing when you record window 3 otherwise the bot will keep jigging. This might be your problem.

Best of luck!
Old 08/04/2011, 03:17   #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ouncer View Post
The bot is coded to stop and wait for either window 1 or window 3 after jigging. If a fish is not caught and window 3 is recorded and the bot detects window 3 it will jig again. If the bot detects window 1 it will start the fish process over again. What you are describing sounds like the bot is not detecting window 1 (Depth bar) so it keeps trying to jig.

I have noticed this happening ONLY when I am doing something else on my other monitor. When I leave the windows alone the bot seems to run flawlessly.

I will check the code again though to make sure there are not any errors.
tyvm sir. I have noticed that, even when running successfully, the bot seems to take a few seconds to actually notice window 1 after a full fishing cycle. For example, Window 1 will pop up, the bot either waits a few seconds then starts a new cycle or it continuously spams jig lol. Also, the only thing that I have running along with the bot is usually either skype or vent, but they are always in the background and I'm usually in a call/room before I even start the bot so I'm not sure if that would still cause the errors. I'll try the bot with absolutely nothing else running and see if that fixes it.

Another "small" problem that I'm having, probably stringing from this one, is that sometimes, the bot will hang on Window 2 and I'll have to click the FFXIV window to make it continue with the cycle. Not a big problem as it still will continue, but this does keep it from being completely automated at times. Like I said though, this is just a minor problem and has only happened a few times in the past few days.

thanks for staying with me on this ^^ it's greatly appreciated as I absolutely love this program. (being the first free, working fishing bot and all =D )

Edit: Alright! thanks. I'll try it as soon as I get off work and let you know.

Alright, so I tried your suggestion and all. FFXIV and Shadowbot are the only 2 things on my comp that are running (my antivirus isn't even running) and it, yet again, will cast a few times then bam, it attempts to jig spam =\ This time, it worked for 7 casts, actually caught 2 fish then kept giving me the "Jig number x performed" same as above =(

I tried closing the bot and reconfirming the pixels multiple times and each time, it just cast a few times and went on a jigging spree. My "success" so far has been 26 casts without it messing up. Should I do a vid of my confirming the Windows so you can see if I may be doing it incorrectly?
Old 08/04/2011, 08:01   #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by koji872909 View Post
Should I do a vid of my confirming the Windows so you can see if I may be doing it incorrectly?
I would like to see how you are recording the pixels. I think this would help more than showing me what the bot is doing.

If you do the vid, be sure to follow these steps.
1.record resolution
2.move fish window in top left corner
3.go through a manual fish and record windows 1, 2, and 3. (Skip recording fish tired, for now)
4.run the bot XD

You can post it here if you want and I'll download the vid and watch it or youtube it :P

If the fish window happens to be off as far as 1 pixel the bot will fail :P

I was thinking about adding something to the bot to automate the recording of pixels. All it would require is the user to click OK or CANCEL during each window. That might solve many problems.
Old 08/04/2011, 09:46   #278

Vid made and sent to your EPVP inbox.
Old 08/04/2011, 10:33   #279

Seems like you are doing everything correctly. Hmmmm.
Old 08/04/2011, 10:34   #280

mhmm I'm not exactly sure what it is because like I said, it will work fine for a few casts and then it's like it just gets tired of working and decides to either "jig spam" or just hang on Window 2 =\ Usually, if something is wrong initially, it just won't work at all....but this one..is odd ><
Old 08/04/2011, 10:58   #281

Try the automated fish pixel capture in 5.4i. Still testing it, but it seems to work good on my end.

I will keep looking into your issue.

BTW have you tried increasing the MoveDelay=500 in the INI to MoveDelay=1000 or higher?
Old 08/04/2011, 11:33   #282

Quote:
Try the automated fish pixel capture in 5.4i. Still testing it, but it seems to work good on my end.

I will keep looking into your issue.

BTW have you tried increasing the MoveDelay=500 in the INI to MoveDelay=1000 or higher?
Yes I have. I've tried it on 1k,2k and 3k. I'll give the automated capture a try rq and see if that fixes anything.

Edit: ok so I tried out the automated recorder

Good news: It works extremely well. I really appreciate it!

Bad news: The jigging problem still occurs.
Old 08/04/2011, 12:04   #283

This is what might be causing the issue.
Code:
						$Jig_Count = $Jig_Count + 1
						Sleep ($Sleep_Each_Select)
						$Check_2 = PixelGetColor(174, 226, $sHWND)	
						If $Check_2 = $Fish_Tired Then $Jig_Count = $Jig_Count - 1						
						ControlSend("[CLASS:RAPTURE]", "", $HWND, "{Enter}")
						$Jig_Count_Last = $Jig_Count
						ExitLoop
					ElseIf $Check_3 = $Depth_Top or $Check_4 = $Depth_Bottom Then 
						$Jig_Count = 0
						ExitLoop
					EndIf
If the bot notices Check_1 before noticing Depth top of bottom them the bot will loop infinitely with jigs.

Im looking into it :P
Old 08/04/2011, 12:10   #284

Quote:
This is what might be causing the issue.
Code:
						$Jig_Count = $Jig_Count + 1
						Sleep ($Sleep_Each_Select)
						$Check_2 = PixelGetColor(174, 226, $sHWND)	
						If $Check_2 = $Fish_Tired Then $Jig_Count = $Jig_Count - 1						
						ControlSend("[CLASS:RAPTURE]", "", $HWND, "{Enter}")
						$Jig_Count_Last = $Jig_Count
						ExitLoop
					ElseIf $Check_3 = $Depth_Top or $Check_4 = $Depth_Bottom Then 
						$Jig_Count = 0
						ExitLoop
					EndIf
If the bot notices Check_1 before noticing Depth top of bottom them the bot will loop infinitely with jigs.

Im looking into it :P
thanks! The "hanging" on window 2 still happens as well, but I'm noticing that it isn't nearly as frequent.
Old 08/04/2011, 12:17   #285

I changed the code to account for the mishap. I uploaded the changed code. Should say 0 views.

If that doesn't work, I can safely assume the pixel that is recorded keeps changing for some odd reason.

Tags
bot, craft, ff xiv, fish, free