Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 05:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[GUIDE] Ask yourself these questions

Discussion on [GUIDE] Ask yourself these questions within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[GUIDE] Ask yourself these questions

15 Questions to ask yourself before opening a new EO server.

As lately I have seen an influx of new servers all look pretty much the same
and closing down soon after opening. All this does is make you look bad and
ends up being a waste of time and effort for the people who actually played your
server.
Why not ask yourself these simple questions, if you answer no to any of them then
maybe you need to stay a EO player rather than an owner. Or actually read up on
them before you open your server.

1:Can you set up the register page?

2:Can you make your server non hamachi?

3: Do you know how to do a maintenance? ( frequently asked question ) answered here.

4: Can you devote 16+ hours a day on your OWN server? this means being ONLINE active and answering questions

5: Do you know how to hex edit? or at least follow the guide for Funhackers editor?

6: Do you know or are you able to follow instructions enough to add a new pet/casual etc?

7: Can you change a previously released database/client enough to be able to call it your own work?

8: Have you made yourself familiar with the database tables and have a good idea or know what each one does?

9: Can you refrain from spamming other servers and their forums for players?

10: Can you refrain from stealing other peoples work and claiming it as your own?

11: Do you know how to make yourself /staff PM's and GM's? ( believe it or not I have seen this on a few occasions )

12: Can you be fair to ALL players on your server " not just the donator's " ( as we have all seen what happens to those servers that don't )

13: Are you just in this for a quick buck? " answer yourself honestly " ?

14: Can you READ these forums rules before posting ANYTHING found here

15: This is my all time fav Question ( Do you know how to use the SEARCH function of Elite pvpers? )

<----- all things guide, if all else fails use this BEFORE posting another useless thread about the same ****
Thanks
8 Users
Old 09/23/2010, 14:55   #2

good guide lol haha
Old 09/23/2010, 15:13   #3

louise that helped much :P

hope it becomes sticky hehe

everyone now is just taking andy DB from Epvp and asking for anyone to change the ip's

and he doesnt know whats Oem

anyways thanks for the guide
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/23/2010, 15:26   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by louise32 View Post

13: Are you just in this for a quick buck? " answer yourself honestly " ?
if not so why do people open pserver, why louise had a private server ?
i asked myself and i answered,
yes money maybe not all of us, i dont know another reason,like i want to be famous ? maybe.
but sadly, i don't have a p-server, i have no time, i need much knowledge more than you listed to be a good owner for a server that could last for some time.
Old 09/23/2010, 15:39   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Devil] View Post
if not so why do people open pserver, why louise had a private server ?
i asked myself and i answered,
yes money maybe not all of us, i dont know another reason,like i want to be famous ? maybe.
but sadly, i don't have a p-server, i have no time, i need much knowledge more than you listed to be a good owner for a server that could last for some time.
Well it was a GUIDELINE I know there are many more questions people need to ask themselves before they start, as i said it is a guideline.

What I meant about number 13 was " are they just opening up their servers getting what donations they can then closing down " FR has been around for almost 2 years as have quite a few others I think we ALL have proved we are NOT in it for the money, some of us ACTUALLY enjoy doing this.
Old 09/23/2010, 15:55   #6

elite*gold: 246
Some nice formatting and changing the links to use the thread title would make it a little more presentable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sword~Stalker~[PM] View Post
hope it becomes sticky hehe
Noooo! I think this section has already been through the sticky-galore phase enough times.
Old 09/23/2010, 16:06   #7

Quote:
Noooo! I think this section has already been through the sticky-galore phase enough times.
lol i think normal posts are better
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/23/2010, 16:41   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by louise32 View Post
Well it was a GUIDELINE I know there are many more questions people need to ask themselves before they start, as i said it is a guideline.

What I meant about number 13 was " are they just opening up their servers getting what donations they can then closing down " FR has been around for almost 2 years as have quite a few others I think we ALL have proved we are NOT in it for the money, some of us ACTUALLY enjoy doing this.
Thats a scamming server not a server for money.

FR is a Server for money, you have donations ( i don't know why its Called Donate ) i should call it "Buy Now", you may pay some of the Donations money for server, website host, what i mean being a server for money is not bad, you make people happy, they give you money to be more happy,
we don't sell drugs lol, its 100% legit
Old 09/23/2010, 17:03   #9

Quote:
Thats a scamming server not a server for money.

FR is a Server for money, you have donations ( i don't know why its Called Donate ) i should call it "Buy Now", you may pay some of the Donations money for server, website host, what i mean being a server for money is not bad, you make people happy, they give you money to be more happy,
we don't sell drugs lol, its 100% legit

lol devil calm down
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/23/2010, 17:10   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sword~Stalker~[PM] View Post
lol devil calm down
o.o i just commented to what she said, no offense, nothing personal towards her lol, just want to show my point.
Old 09/23/2010, 17:18   #11

And you have done so already, My guide was to hopefully help newer server owners decide if an EO server is right for them, not to start some kind of flame fest or spam, it is just 15 simple questions why you have to make it into something more is beyond me but i guess some people just have to push the boundaries
Old 09/23/2010, 17:24   #12

my bad it wasn't flaming, but its all about my off topics.
Old 09/28/2010, 16:15   #13

0.o
Oh hi IceQueen !
Good guide... Now I know what goals to set for myself.