Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 12:35

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Quick question

Discussion on Quick question within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Quick question

no flaming/hater comments, just a simple question.

how do u make a maintenance(correctly) without having to restart msg server?

if i remember right, there is a way to do it, any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 02/03/2010, 06:51   #2

check this
Old 02/03/2010, 17:07   #3

elite*gold: 246
I know at midnight? on your server box's time you have a "mini-maintenance" in-game where you can use a new set of 5 expballs/crystals on your pets and youself. Might affect some other things too. As for an actual maintenance that I believe you are talking about the only way I ever knew was to close down the binaries. I am interested if you are correct however.
Old 02/04/2010, 01:41   #4

Maintnence

I know for a fact, their is a way to shutdown and restart the MSG server with a command such as the maintnence broadcast command. i don't know it and i'm guessing it will be a chineese command. i will post if i find it / them while i finish translating my MSG server.
Old 02/04/2010, 05:42   #5

elite*gold: 90
so far i know
the only way to do a maintenance ( to open totems and stuff) is to close the message server

from the moment you close the server then the timer starts again ( max online players , uptime )

and even more fun , it starts to write logs if you close it
so you need to close it if you want to read logs , or leave it on if you dont care about logs o.O

well , there where 2 ways to close it
some servers got a small bug and 3 buttons instead 2 buttons

1 button is to send a message in bc
second button is to close the game server (lets wait 10 min before it finaly shutdown)

and last button in some servers is a fast close button (press it and 1 second later it is down o.O)

now the problem with it ??
it doesnt only shut down , but makes your database corrupt to o.O

reason it takes 10 min to shut down is because it is unloading the ram that he use (starting at 1GB and going up how longer it is running and how more players there are on , so how longer he runs how slower it shuts down)

so to do a good maint , you need to close , even better is to reboot your pc complete
then everything was closed ( apache and mysql and all the servers)
memory is 100% unloaded (only windows in it )
and everything is done good

then just optimize the database for better read acces and less errors and to fix the errors if there are any (normal not)
and you got the perfect maint o.O

total time to do a maint ?? about 15 min (10 min server closing , 5 min includes reboot and optimize and startup)

Greets From PowerChaos
Old 02/04/2010, 20:47   #6

You have a good point Crasher, but what Dib is asking is if their is a better way to. and after some thought and searching their is a way to flush all the packets from Mysql which in theory will do exactly what Crasher said. not too sure how to i just know you can. and in theory it will decrease the server downtime by 8-9 minutes.
Old 02/04/2010, 22:06   #7

forced shutdowns (thats what it is called for a fast maint) is never good

the server itself store information , reason why the memory incrase when it runs longer

the only thing you can do if you dont want to do maints anymore is changing the message server and the other servers so it writes the information instead storing it and writing it later

here is a small example, feel free to try it out

start message server (best on a bad mysql or make a backup of your mysql)
let it run 30 min , go in game and do some stuff in game , after 30 min press ctrl alt del

open task manager
click shutdown (terminate) on message server
you will see that it goes down in 1 min or less (normaly instand)

now , start it up again

try to find your logs , you dont going find a single log
try to login in game , if the server even starts back up (i dont think so)
if it starts up , then you dont have any equip anymore in game or you cant even login anymore to your char

so there is no other way to do a good maint

you can do quick maints with in game commands , but a good maint is not posseble with out restarting the message server and wasting 10 min of your valuable time ^^

the only way to get this done is editing the message server so it stored it in files instand
and that it stores in mysql instand with out keeping it in memory

so you never need to do a maint again , put a time limit in the message server and it will be fine
but that is the biggest problem , try to edit the message server with out the source code of the mesage server (message server is written in c# and compiled to a exe file)

Greets From PowerChaos
Old 02/04/2010, 22:31   #8

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crasher View Post
message server is written in c# and compiled to a exe file
you sure about that ... im 99% sure its in C/C++
Old 02/04/2010, 22:34   #9

c# or c or c++ are basicly the same
only a newer code just like php

php 4 and php 5 and php 6

so you got Csharp
and Borland C+ and borland C++

and no , i am not sure about that because i dont know a single thing about those things (i know only php and mysql)

Greets From PowerChaos
Old 02/04/2010, 22:41   #10

I know and understand that Crasher, what i'm saying is that you can force the message server to flush it's data in a matter of seconds through MYSQL which is OPEN SOURCE on most applications. The MSG server is created using binary not c++ and it's encrypted not compiled strictly to prevent what we are doing.
Old 02/04/2010, 22:57   #11

nice :d

if you ever find the way to do it , let me know

and i dint know that binairy is a code to ^^ (see how mutch i know of it :P)

Thank you
Greets From PowerChaos
Old 02/04/2010, 23:56   #12

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieldada View Post
I know and understand that Crasher, what i'm saying is that you can force the message server to flush it's data in a matter of seconds through MYSQL which is OPEN SOURCE on most applications. The MSG server is created using binary not c++ and it's encrypted not compiled strictly to prevent what we are doing.
a binary is a simply an app its NOT a language .... the server is writen in C++ (there were sources put here but they are way to old to be useful other than understanding the workings of the server)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crasher View Post
nice :d

if you ever find the way to do it , let me know

and i dint know that binairy is a code to ^^ (see how mutch i know of it :P)

Thank you
Greets From PowerChaos
lol its not ...