Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 14:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

A Big Warning to all who play Pservers!

Discussion on A Big Warning to all who play Pservers! within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
A Big Warning to all who play Pservers!

Everything in these threads are infected with a backdoor trojan or soome type of virus.Mainly something called win32/parite.This is suppose to be fun, not screw up my pc.So, if anyone has important info on their PC's, i warn them to protect it.Every single Eo and Zo server has been infected.No matter who says it hasn't.
Old 01/13/2010, 20:57   #2

elite*gold: 20
its a false positive ...
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/13/2010, 21:02   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hio77 View Post
its a false positive ...
"No it isnt" Ive spent 2 days deleting everything i downloaded from pvpers server wise now my pv works just fine.Enjoy your lies long enough and you tend to believe.-------
Old 01/13/2010, 21:05   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustdemon View Post
"No it isnt" Ive spent 2 days deleting everything i downloaded from pvpers server wise now my pv works just fine.Enjoy your lies long enough and you tend to believe.-------
honestly you dont know what your talking about ... can you even name the file that got detected..
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/13/2010, 21:31   #5

Sadly hio77, the win/parite is real and its a dangerous virus if not taken care of early on. It targets all your executable files and spreads that way. The only server that I'm aware of that passed this virus was RevolutionEo, but I believe thy have fixed their issue.

Here's some more information on the virus and its different strands.

Thanks
1 User
Old 01/13/2010, 23:05   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurion View Post
Sadly hio77, the win/parite is real and its a dangerous virus if not taken care of early on. It targets all your executable files and spreads that way. The only server that I'm aware of that passed this virus was RevolutionEo, but I believe thy have fixed their issue.

Here's some more information on the virus and its different strands.

i never accally looked into what he was talking about because i know there are false positives ... as for revolutioneo distributing it accidentally that is a shame but all most all server files and game files released for anyone to use here are clean .... some Chinese tools do contain viruses sadly ...

but if you were to say get the newest files as of on here and client there should be no viruses at all ...
Old 01/14/2010, 03:20   #7

well iv got an anti virus i stopped it deleting my account server :P
Old 01/14/2010, 03:30   #8

Received Thanks: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithbell1234 View Post
well iv got an anti virus i stopped it deleting my account server :P
keith that has NOTHING to do with what they are talking about.
Old 01/14/2010, 03:34   #9

account server has a virus doesnt it
Old 01/14/2010, 03:43   #10

The generic win32/trojan that pops up generally with Anti Virus's are false positive. They are flagged because of the way they connect and get info from other programs.
Old 01/14/2010, 16:55   #11

I also got the win32parite virus. It infected all program files and windows files. It has taken me a long time to get it cleaned up. This was not the fault of the Owner of the game. He found out about it and immediately put out a new client. I have downloaded other clients that showed a virus and nothing happened because the antivirus software just thought it was a virus. This time the virus was real and came from a patch. Everything is fine now and the new download is clean. lustdemon this was a one time incident since I have downloaded and played many pservers. Do not generalize since I am not aware of any other pserver having this issue. Owners would not intentionally give their players a computer virus. That would not make any sense at all.
Old 01/14/2010, 20:18   #12

let me think .. is it play.exe or soul.exe? maybe autopatch.exe

if thats so. its just nothing, harmless

if you are talking about the XXXXX.dat than it is the mannequin. i have got it before than you need another client.

or like DarkHuntress said, than you have to say the server, not all p-servers
Old 01/14/2010, 20:29   #13

There is a possibility that the packing of the .exe files causes this problems...also someone could have packed sth into an .exe that infects you all...
Old 01/15/2010, 02:43   #14

there is viruses from this and i had one i had to reformat my computer because my hole ocmputer was infected and messed up by one of the downloads from this forum
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/15/2010, 02:46   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy123456 View Post
there is viruses from this and i had one i had to reformat my computer because my hole ocmputer was infected and messed up by one of the downloads from this forum
well what did you download from here that did that?