Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 01:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Request , vps testers

Discussion on Request , vps testers within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 90
Request , vps testers

Dear users
at currrent moment i am looking for some users who are willing to test out some vps servers that i provide

The reason why i ask it here is because most users here use a vps server (or a dedicated )

Why do i ask for testers ?? , because a lot of things has beein changed after my paypal got locked by paypal (they do not even have a valid reason)

We started up a new project to get back to the old days before some trouble started and we decided to build up some nice vps servers (based on XenServer)

This is what the vps server contains and why i need some testing on it

*1 Gbit connection ( 1000 mbit for users who does not understand Gbit :P)

*Control panel to reboot/reinstall and so on
*Fast HD ( 320 mbit read / 310 mbit Write )

The new payment systems
*2checkout ( paypal/creditcard )
*BitCoins ( for the users who know what it is)

now you know the things that need to be tested are there a few rules

The testers i am looking for is to test out the vps server , my own demonpower will be placed back on a vps because some trouble with the dedicated ( 32 bit , 2 physical Cpu's and support only win2k3 or linux and was crashing all the time so the dedi is in use for a other project)

The users who are intrested in testing can use the vps for 15 or 30 days for free (depending on package)
After the testing i like to have a revieuw of what need to be changed or what need to be optimised to become a perfect solution

At current moment the servers contains windows 2008 R2 , other windows versions are possible

To make a long story short
*Free vps server for 15 or 30 days
*Test out the controll panel
*Test out the speed ( that 1 GBit line )
*Test out the stability of the hd
*Test out the lag
*Let me know the test results

Now the question , what has it to do with eudemons ?
Well , every private server owner need a place to host there stuff
As i try to provide the best quality as possible is it needed to have some testers , with out testers is it not possible to provide the perfect Quality that the users want

also as side note , Demonpower will be back online in less then a week on a vps as test server , if everything goes fine then it will stay on there for a long time

To apply as tester , please contact my by pm or email or on my site and let me know what vps you like to test
after the 15 or 30 days will the vps be destroyed or can be renewed by normal price (warn us for a renew , else the vps will be destroyed )

you can also use the following link and put the following text as note
"elitepvpers Test VPS"

4 Mini vps servers (2GB ram) avaible @ 30 Days
2 Basic vps servers (4GB ram) avaible @ 15 Days

if you do not want to test but just want to order then go to

Greetings From PowerChaos
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/17/2012, 14:57   #2

elite*gold: 0
Goodluck with your vps And goodluck with demonpower Im stoked to try it out
Old 10/17/2012, 15:08   #3

Try out demonpower or the vps ??

for demopower it going take a bit of time as i need to restore a backup and change the mysql version of v5 to v4

ps: added a order link to the vps and the trial days

Thank you
Old 10/17/2012, 20:43   #4

elite*gold: 0
Ill just try out demon power :P
Old 10/18/2012, 13:16   #5

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,741
did paypal say they locked your account? I know that sandbox is down at the moment as they had a major update, and well with all updates comes a lot of problems with paypal lol

As for your request I suggest offering a lot more than just 2-4weeks of a free service, especially when their are companies out there that actually charge money for testing/reviews and 2-4weeks isn't much for a private server

Perhaps offer a 12month package that is charged for the price of 9months in return for testing.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/18/2012, 14:13   #6

to answer your question
Quote:
Originally Posted by paypal
Why is my account access limited?

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

14 Sep 2012: When you signed up for your PayPal account, you agreed to our User Agreement and Acceptable Use Policy. Because some of your recent transactions violated this policy, we've had to permanently limit your account.

Please remove any references to PayPal from your website.

You'll be able to withdraw any money in your account 180 days after your last transaction. We'll email you when it's ready to be withdrawn.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-001-989-541-853.)

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-001-489-172-002.)

This limitation cannot be appealed.
They suspect payment from boosterking , they do not have proof ( proof they got is related to invoices of my service i offer on powerchaos ) and they feel that it need to stay locked

thats the long story in short

Then for your offer
as the server i use is kinda expensive with the setup i got now is it a bit to soon to offer yearly packages

also to give a small number , it would cost 450€ for the basic package if you like to have for 1 year
and my own cost is about the same for a month for that specific server (no more detais about private stuff :P )

so if i sell a package of that size , and i am not able to gather more clients who like to pay the same or the testing is not working like it need to be then it would be a big loss for me and probaly not able to keep everything online and that is what i try to prevent

it is possible after a time that i can offer those packages but the risk is to high at current moment

Then for the test packages , they can seems to be a bit low for a private server
but my goal is not only aimed at private servers , the testing purpose is mainly aimed at the settings it contains ( ADDC ) and to see the stability it contains with the setup we dit
as from my past experiance , i know that the private server even works on 256 mb ram with out a problem ( for 30 players ) , so that testing part is not a neccesary thing

The main things that concern me is the raid setup that i dit , the hd speed of the main node , the traffic burst speed ( 1Gbit ) and the stability of the network
also the stability of the ram and the main node stability

the data of those things can be gathered on 15 and 30 days time
then pointing to the clients , they can inform what they exact need , if they can get a server functional in a few days then they got a few days to test stability
that part wont change if it is running for 6 months or for 15 days

in the past there where some trouble with permitions related to the ADDC , the users where not able to install anyhting with out that we needed to do that
also the users where not able to start up certain programs that are needed ( like cronjobs/tasks)
in some cases there where not even able to terminate a task that was hanging, those things should be solved now as they are all full admin

also there where some security related problems like the administrator account ( local logon) that is disabled now for remote desktop

There are more of those things that has beein changed with the last setup we dit
but to be sure that everything is fine do i offer those test packages

on 15 or 30 days time you should know if you like it or not , if you like it you stay , if not then you do not stay

in the past there where some heavy abuses to with those services , that is the other reason why it is only for 15 or 30 days

as not every one got money do i offer it free , if the user want they can request a quote for a longer term and can get a discount because they are the first users who tested out the server stability

to make the post short

the tests are to test out stability and other node related settings
the test are also to test out if all permitions are working like needed
The tests are also to see if it contains some lagspikes even with a 1Gbit connection

offering a paid package for testing purpose is not a option at current moment , not for this long term

hopely this explained my vieuw on this
i still love the idea , but it wont be for this time , maybe for over a month or 2 when i can afford to provide those packages

Old 10/19/2012, 07:30   #7

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerChaos View Post
to answer your question

They suspect payment from boosterking , they do not have proof ( proof they got is related to invoices of my service i offer on powerchaos ) and they feel that it need to stay locked

thats the long story in short

Then for your offer
as the server i use is kinda expensive with the setup i got now is it a bit to soon to offer yearly packages

also to give a small number , it would cost 450€ for the basic package if you like to have for 1 year
and my own cost is about the same for a month for that specific server (no more detais about private stuff :P )

so if i sell a package of that size , and i am not able to gather more clients who like to pay the same or the testing is not working like it need to be then it would be a big loss for me and probaly not able to keep everything online and that is what i try to prevent

it is possible after a time that i can offer those packages but the risk is to high at current moment

Then for the test packages , they can seems to be a bit low for a private server
but my goal is not only aimed at private servers , the testing purpose is mainly aimed at the settings it contains ( ADDC ) and to see the stability it contains with the setup we dit
as from my past experiance , i know that the private server even works on 256 mb ram with out a problem ( for 30 players ) , so that testing part is not a neccesary thing

The main things that concern me is the raid setup that i dit , the hd speed of the main node , the traffic burst speed ( 1Gbit ) and the stability of the network
also the stability of the ram and the main node stability

the data of those things can be gathered on 15 and 30 days time
then pointing to the clients , they can inform what they exact need , if they can get a server functional in a few days then they got a few days to test stability
that part wont change if it is running for 6 months or for 15 days

in the past there where some trouble with permitions related to the ADDC , the users where not able to install anyhting with out that we needed to do that
also the users where not able to start up certain programs that are needed ( like cronjobs/tasks)
in some cases there where not even able to terminate a task that was hanging, those things should be solved now as they are all full admin

also there where some security related problems like the administrator account ( local logon) that is disabled now for remote desktop

There are more of those things that has beein changed with the last setup we dit
but to be sure that everything is fine do i offer those test packages

on 15 or 30 days time you should know if you like it or not , if you like it you stay , if not then you do not stay

in the past there where some heavy abuses to with those services , that is the other reason why it is only for 15 or 30 days

as not every one got money do i offer it free , if the user want they can request a quote for a longer term and can get a discount because they are the first users who tested out the server stability

to make the post short

the tests are to test out stability and other node related settings
the test are also to test out if all permitions are working like needed
The tests are also to see if it contains some lagspikes even with a 1Gbit connection

offering a paid package for testing purpose is not a option at current moment , not for this long term

hopely this explained my vieuw on this
i still love the idea , but it wont be for this time , maybe for over a month or 2 when i can afford to provide those packages

Sorry I miss-worded it, basically what I mean is say you offer a testing package that will allow them to have it cheaper.

So if they say they will test and review your server stability for you they get 3 months out of a 12month period free

So first month is free 2nd & 3rd & 4th month cost $ and then 5th month is free and 6th/7th/8th cost and then 9th is free and 10/11/12 cost

As for how much you make, people are pretty ignorant if they don't think you wouldn't profit from it, so don't stress about that
Old 10/19/2012, 20:18   #8

@funhacker
it is indeed a nice idea but a bit complicated to apply to my billing system

i going make a exeption for epvpers only then (as they got acces to the test vps servers)

if they place a order for 3 months (after testing or with out testing) then i provide them 1 month free

as that part need to be done manual is it not possible to provide a coupon code or stuff , so it is it just a special custom deal for epvpers

for the rest i love your idea , but it stays the same as i told in the beginning
it is to soon for me to start promoting long term packages with free services unless i got a certain amount of clients

eather way
with this system the users can get up to 2 months free for a vps server and only pay for 3 months to gain up to 5 months

Thanks
1 User