Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 23:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

To Those Who Say FHEo Fails

Discussion on To Those Who Say FHEo Fails within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
To Those Who Say FHEo Fails

First off, since i didnt get to say my 2 cents in the last thread twards the idiot who decided to flame FHEO i will do so now.

First off all the donations we get are used speciffically for the server and for upkeeps. Those of who you have every owned a dedicated server (not one ran off your mommys PC) know they are not cheap to keep. We also have our Webhosting.

Code:
for ***** and giggles here is some of the specs of the dedicated we use.

CPU: Xeon E4500 2.2GHz Quad Core
Data Center:	East Coast USA
RAM :	4096 MB
HDD: 2x250GB SCSI HDD's
DarkBebi left for Military Training for two weeks, which is what we are calling his vacation. Yes he is actually training to fight for our country so retarded idiots who are ******* clueless can sit on thier ***** and ***** and moan about private servers.

Thirdly those who compare us to TQ should be ******* shot. People donate to keep our server up because they enjoy it, they dont have to. we dont require them to. Oh and due to the fact we are not selling anything, and we give rewards out for donations the whole issue of us getting shut down like dEO are false.

The whole Corrupt Staff part kinda made me giggle. Oh noes we dont allow ******* retards to clog up the server by making lottery noobs. Wow that is such a crime. We ask that the players speak only english in BC. Yup another crime. Wow we are so corrupted i believe i am going to hell for being staff on there. Oh i forgot, the whole working on the major bugs instead of letting them go so we can worry about the minor bugs that very few people ***** about. So sorry we dont jump when you say so.

Simply put. **** off. Dont play our server if you dont like it. i dont really give a ****. To those who supported us and everything wether you play still or not we do thank you.
Thanks
11 Users
Old 07/25/2008, 23:24   #2

I agree.. you all work hard to keep the server up and noobs who do nothing to help just keep complaining.. its disgusting
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/25/2008, 23:27   #3

You go PsykoChyld!!!
Old 07/26/2008, 08:25   #4

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,741
get the same kind of ifnorance at our forums psyko ignore em or join em in stupidity is my opinion lol xD
Old 07/26/2008, 14:40   #5

Yeah, best way, is ignore the noobs ; )
Old 07/26/2008, 15:15   #6

Is that why I always get ignored? Joking
But yeh, I agree you need the money for the server somewhere right
Old 07/27/2008, 03:15   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsykoChyld View Post

Oh and due to the fact we are not selling anything, and we give rewards out for donations the whole issue of us getting shut down like dEO are false.
Eh hmm. :x Not only is intellectual property being stolen but also regarding this:

"3. LICENSE TO USE

Subject to the terms of this Agreement, The Company grants to you a non-exclusive license to use the Service, and a non-exclusive license to use the Software in connection with the Service. You may not sublicense, rent, lease, loan or otherwise transfer the Software for profit, modify, adapt, reverse engineer or recompile the Software, or create any derivative works in respect of the Software or the Service, or otherwise use the Software except as expressly provided in this Agreement."

That's from EO's ToS. The bolded part regards any pser, whether they ask for donations or not to keep them going. If TQ actually decided to take you (or any other server to court) over that they'd win and you'd be shut down. There's also other parts in their ToS they can sue you for but that's the one they'd more than likely point out first. And another obvious copyright infringement is the artwork. It's all copyrighted to TQ so unless you're going to change the art they can sue you for that too.

I'm guessing that through that quote up there that you're saying that if TQ did come after ya'll like they did dEO that'd you'd still somehow keep the server going and go to court instead of just shutting it down?

But anyways, I do agree with you on the fact that people don't have to complain about you charging for certain things, it's not like your server is P2P and if they truly don't like the whole donation thing there's other servers out there.
Old 07/27/2008, 04:35   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by keldon92 View Post
Eh hmm. :x Not only is intellectual property being stolen but also regarding this:

"3. LICENSE TO USE

Subject to the terms of this Agreement, The Company grants to you a non-exclusive license to use the Service, and a non-exclusive license to use the Software in connection with the Service. You may not sublicense, rent, lease, loan or otherwise transfer the Software for profit, modify, adapt, reverse engineer or recompile the Software, or create any derivative works in respect of the Software or the Service, or otherwise use the Software except as expressly provided in this Agreement."

That's from EO's ToS. The bolded part regards any pser, whether they ask for donations or not to keep them going. If TQ actually decided to take you (or any other server to court) over that they'd win and you'd be shut down. There's also other parts in their ToS they can sue you for but that's the one they'd more than likely point out first. And another obvious copyright infringement is the artwork. It's all copyrighted to TQ so unless you're going to change the art they can sue you for that too.

I'm guessing that through that quote up there that you're saying that if TQ did come after ya'll like they did dEO that'd you'd still somehow keep the server going and go to court instead of just shutting it down?

But anyways, I do agree with you on the fact that people don't have to complain about you charging for certain things, it's not like your server is P2P and if they truly don't like the whole donation thing there's other servers out there.
if you want to get technical TQ could nail every player of the private servers not only the hoster because they are using modified. As for the artwork, lol yeah we are changing EVERY single thing we can graphic wise. Trust me i know because i am the one doing all of the artwork...lol...talk about a pain in the ass.

You brought up valid points with your quotes and i thank you for your input as well as not flaming me.
Old 07/27/2008, 05:08   #9

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by keldon92 View Post

"3. LICENSE TO USE

sorry but your wrong thats the term of service for joining, they have no TOS in their patches so you can say that you got your client with patches and publicaly supplied files thus you never agreed to the TOS of installment too

they also say in their tos that they can just decide to ban you without reason and without giving reason or proof of why
Old 07/27/2008, 06:42   #10

hes got a good point...and i completely agree if there is a server that charges and uses the money to help the SERVER and not there pockets then fine its a good thing servers with a lil bank coming in last a hell of alot longer then the ones that are free of charge becuase they have money incase of problems...and everyone knows money makes the world go round...and yes there are servers out there that dont charge and have lasted but as long as there using the donated money on the server then let it be...but if u dont lik the server that u have to pay then dont play simple and easy to understand there are plenty of servers out there just pick one :P ...some people just needa relax...and in my opinion FH is a badass server and donating to make it better and last longer is worth it to me...
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/27/2008, 07:09   #11

I asked some people and they said p2p is not fair, & they said playing on tq server's are better, but I don't agree, and probably, the main point of them was the fheo always wipes their database , I agree it might happen, and as they said, it always happens, psyko, its true it wipes all time?, and they also included that you guys change dedicated to non-dedicated rlly fast.. and why is it? I need to explain em whats going on..lol
Old 07/27/2008, 08:35   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiobloSlayeR View Post
I asked some people and they said p2p is not fair, & they said playing on tq server's are better, but I don't agree, and probably, the main point of them was the fheo always wipes their database , I agree it might happen, and as they said, it always happens, psyko, its true it wipes all time?, and they also included that you guys change dedicated to non-dedicated rlly fast.. and why is it? I need to explain em whats going on..lol

no we do not wipe all the time, If we switch from dedicated to non dedicated we back up what is on the dedicated and move it over to the non-dedicated. We do this so that our players can continue playing while the dedicated server gets worked on with very limited delay. Our oem contains both our dedicated and nondedicated server IP's so if an issue arises on the dedicated its just a matter of us backing up the dedicated and moving it over to the non-dedicated. Last time we had to switch to the non-dedicated for a couple of days was because the OS we were running on the dedicated didnt like our MySql too much and constantly Burped, causing people to DC when they killed more than 15 monsters or had a full bulkhatcher. Since then we havent had to do it. We havent had a wipe in a very long time. We dont plan on having any anytime soon so no need to worry about that.
Old 07/27/2008, 08:45   #13

Wiped all the time? Lol get a hold of yourselves now. The only main wipe we've had in a while was when our server files got corrupted and caused people to lose alot of ****.

As for the switching of servers, its done when a major update is done to the Dedicated. This way players can continue to play FHEo.

Now about the p2p, FHEo is free to play. There are options for players to donate and get bonus' but does that cause the server to become p2p? Not at all.

To the people who decide they like to complain. I want to see you run a successful Eo server and spend your days and nights working on bugs, then have people come over to another forum and whine about certain things they don't agree with.
Old 07/27/2008, 09:04   #14

Well, As i saw in another thread, that to be a good top#1 in the server, you need to paypal in fheo?? is it true?
Old 07/27/2008, 12:51   #15

omg i have to get in on this diablo ur a idiot lol no ps makes it so u hafta to paypal to get to the top if they do they should be shutdown as far as i no fallen heroes is a fair and decent server aswell as acme and ppl should give them a break they make these servers for ur enjoyment if they wanted they could shut it down and be done with the server so we should just appreciate what they do and stop criticising them
Closed Thread