Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Guild Disappearing

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Guild Disappearing

I keep having the issue where when I sign offline into the OffLine TG, when I sign on, often my legion disappears. My family stays, but Legion=bye-bye.

Thing is, the legion is still IN the database, it just doesn't register any characters to it.

I am unsure if it's relevant, but I noticed this always happens after that login bug, where it says you have the wrong password, then if you keep trying, it brings you to the char creation screen. I didn't go that far this time, but still show no chars in the legion.

Any ideas how to stop this from happening, or at least how to restore it when it does?

Old 06/06/2011, 00:39   #2

when you did a wipe you didn't clear it correctly. also repair db

Thanks
1 User
Old 06/06/2011, 01:19   #3

What kind of wipe are you talking about? lol I'm still learning how to run these things, as a project. And using navicat, how do I repair the DBs?

Any references to what exactly happened, so I can learn something, please?
I would really appreciate it, like I said, I'm learning for a project I plan in the future, and am starting from scratch with no knowledge prior to having set up this server.

Thanks in advance
Old 06/06/2011, 01:24   #4

To repair a table
Right click it > Maintain > Repair Tables
Make back up first before you repair your tables because if some tables are totally corrupt the data inside them might get deleted " happened to me before with cq-eudemons "

Thanks
1 User
Old 06/06/2011, 03:34   #5

Ouch... I feel for you lol.
Anyhow, thanks for the info, I'll definitely apply it...

Now in this occasion, which tables should I fix? cq_syndicate, cq_synatt, anything else?
Old 06/06/2011, 08:32   #6

I would repair your database in whole. there are few things which could have caused what you are experiencing, I'd go threw the entire db clear it out correctly, and then run repair on your tables.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/06/2011, 10:10   #7

I had cleared most the data I could find that wasn't being used, and ran a repair on all tables. I also made a .sql dump of all the tables for backup, while the server was still running, to have everything saved fresh as it was when working.

When I restarted the server, the legion was gone again.
I ran the .sql file to restore the former settings, to see if perhaps accserv or something was resetting the values (I had noticed after server restart, it will change the value of "amount" to "0" (forget if it's in cq_syndicate or cq_synatt).

Restoring the old database while the server was running didn't help, either.

I'm wondering if maybe something in accserv, msgserv, or npcsrv may actually being dynamically saving the legion info, and not saving it into the DB for some reason?
The legions work great until the server shuts down...

Thanks again for all the help!
Old 06/06/2011, 10:31   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtvelocity View Post
I had cleared most the data I could find that wasn't being used, and ran a repair on all tables. I also made a .sql dump of all the tables for backup, while the server was still running, to have everything saved fresh as it was when working.

When I restarted the server, the legion was gone again.
I ran the .sql file to restore the former settings, to see if perhaps accserv or something was resetting the values (I had noticed after server restart, it will change the value of "amount" to "0" (forget if it's in cq_syndicate or cq_synatt).

Restoring the old database while the server was running didn't help, either.

I'm wondering if maybe something in accserv, msgserv, or npcsrv may actually being dynamically saving the legion info, and not saving it into the DB for some reason?
The legions work great until the server shuts down...

Thanks again for all the help!
How do u do ur maints ?
Old 06/06/2011, 14:16   #9

if you did all the steps right and its still happening there is one other possible cause..
What version of SQL are you using? did you upgrade it?
Old 06/06/2011, 17:53   #10

elite*gold: 40
the mysql need to be version 4.14 or lower ( basicly 4.X ) as else your legion will indeed disapear

it is a bug in the server files (if you can call it a bug) , and so far i know is that the only way to fix it by getting back the old mysql

Greets From PowerChaos
Old 06/06/2011, 21:23   #11

Ok, my MySQL is Version 4.1.22, I'm using WAMP, so the lowest I can get is 4.1.20, but that shouldn't make much of a difference, right?

My PHP is version 5.2.1, would that matter any? I have a couple other DBs in my MySQL that require PHP5, but if it would really matter, I would just run another instance of MySQL with that version, though I don't see how it would effect. But I'm just a noob starting out, lol.

Anything else I need to know?
Old 06/06/2011, 21:28   #12

elite*gold: 40
if you got a little skills , download easy website ( see signature)

it contains mysql version 4.0.18-nt

with that should the bugs be solved

php version got nothing to do with the database , php is to execute php .. (my release contains php 5.2 to )

give it a try and hopely it works then

Greets From PowerChaos
Old 06/06/2011, 21:54   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerChaos View Post
if you got a little skills , download easy website ( see signature)

it contains mysql version 4.0.18-nt

with that should the bugs be solved
4.0.18 is highly exploitable

4.0.20 hell even as high as 4.0.27 is better to go as long as he does not go any higher.

@wtvelocity as chaos said php has nothing to do with it, your database needs mysql what do you think the icon that shows up green is? lol
Old 06/06/2011, 23:55   #14

Once again, thanks alot for the help! That's why I like here more than [email protected] anymore, lol.

For the PHP, I didn't think so, I just wondered if perhaps one of the server .exe files maybe ran PHP to send data to the database, I haven't decompiled yet to read them.

Would I be able to download a 4.0.2x MySQL version, and overwrite another version's MySQL data folder, and run it like that, or would it somehow short out in wamp?
Old 06/07/2011, 04:10   #15

i would recommend changing your version to the suggested version.

« [HOW]how to make GM become other char like MOB,PET,ETC? | [Help]Fantasy-eo »