Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

AuroraEO now Open!

Discussion on AuroraEO now Open! within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old 05/16/2011, 06:54   #16

elite*gold: 0
@sureok: Thanks, look forward to having you!

News: Several updates, including the site's forums, have been released!

Please come check it out!
Old 05/16/2011, 15:26   #17

be nice to play a normal server for a change
Old 05/16/2011, 19:24   #18

@nabil011: I already said the server is to be very close to the original, where you have to work for what you want. Perhaps you should learn to read before you write?

Matauty: Thanks, that's why I am doing it. I've played many different games on different private servers, and always got annoyed that it didn't even feel like the same game anymore.

For example, going onto a WoW server, and being able to BUY any mount is fun, but then it makes the game less exciting when you actually EARN one.

Having all of it handed to you is pretty short lived (at least to me), and gets old pretty quick if there is nothing left to work for...
Old 05/16/2011, 19:44   #19

seems boss mobs are not dropping loot

so no ep or no stones should be fun
Old 05/17/2011, 02:14   #20

Matauty: I can't tell if that is sarcasm or not, over the web, lol.
I'm not exactly sure what stones you are talking about, as I've never boss hunted yet, but that is something I may implement into the drops if requested, as long as they aren't too OP.

Nabil: As I have posted in the OTHER thread that you posted complaints about not having EPs: You need to appreciate people's work some, rather than criticize something that you aren't even putting an effort out to help.

I REMOVED the EPS, to BALANCE the game for all players.

So stop telling everyone "only donators get strong" in every thread you refer to my server in.

For one, I already said I try to keep it low level, so complaining that I don't have anything to OP on, is rather silly..

Second, some people PREFER to play on a low rate server, where there is a little bit of a challenge. On the other thread, when someone pointed that out, you just repeat "yeah but there is no EP", ignoring the whole point.

Some people DON'T want to play on the original server, because of different issues.
ONE of those issues IS how people who get EPs are too much stronger than others.
So why would I include EP where I want it to be fair?

Lastly, once again: I appreciate constructive criticism, but yours posts are just complaining that you want something others don't. If you can't even read the server description, don't post stupid things that have already been answered. Especially if you're going to involve needless cursing in the process.

You're already being reported to the moderators for the language on the board, what they do is up to them, but you are breaking the rules and acting like a brat, so I'm doing what i would want someone to do on my forums, and reporting you.
Old 05/17/2011, 04:08   #21

no eps is decent but on original EO boss mobs had a random loot table where they could drop stones and stuff such as amber vuilet and reds along with various equip on your server that seems to have been removed I dont mind a challenge but with item drops so low as it is and boss mobs not dropping like in original EO loot table ur pretty much screwed to get better equip and lvl it up unless you spend a good few hours picking up gold off the floor to buy one violet stone and then it fails

Also none of the portal scrolls seem to work
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/17/2011, 17:50   #22

If you don't like how he runs his server, then you're free to go find another server. Not everyone wants things handed to them, some people enjoy working for their items,pets, ep.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/17/2011, 18:09   #23

why server is offline?
Old 05/17/2011, 18:15   #24

It tells you on their site, why it's down.

Quote:
I regret to inform that the server updates did not go so well, I spent 5 hours on nothing, due to faulty hardware I purchased today.
I will keep the server up until tomorrow, when it will be up and down. Please visit our forums ands shoutbox during the downtime...
We sincerely appologize for this major inconvenience.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/17/2011, 19:29   #25

Its not a bad server dont mind a challenge just that there is no way to lvl equipment without collectiong small amounts of gold off the ground for ages..

Would be good if original EO boss mobs drops rates were in then would be prefect wouldnt imbalance it and would still have to work a getting decent instead of loggin in and getting 255 within 20 mins
Old 05/17/2011, 20:34   #26

nabil011: Have fun with your account here when you have it: All your messages in my threads have been reported, so hopefully your days are numbered. Your language in these posts are uncalled for.

Matauty: Thanks for the input, I will work on adding boss drops as soon as I'm able.

Right now, the server is down altogether, as I'm moving all data over to SATA devices for more room and faster speeds.
Sorry about the site downtime yesterday, I had them upgrade my internet yesterday, and didn't tell me when they reset it, so had to reset the server later :\

But in about an hour from now, all of it should be back up, and run MUCH faster, between the higher internet speed, the faster hard drive, and I'm probably changing my Paging files to the new drive, for faster cache speeds.

Never used SATA before, but I know alot about computers otherwise, and you would be surprised all the effort I put into this machine to have it run as is, considering it's only 1GB RAM XD
Old 05/17/2011, 22:45   #27

Received Thanks: 1,242
i wish you good luck with the move and hope to see you up and running in the near future
Old 05/17/2011, 23:23   #28

Thanks, there was a hardware conflict that took me about 8 hours between last night and today to resolve, because I knew nothing yet of SATA devices. :P

Now I'm just editing settings to make the MySQL connect again, and it's all good!

Edit- Good news and bad news.
Good: Site and server are already back up.
Bad: I seemed to have lost the forums in the process... now I get to make them all over again! >_<
Old 05/18/2011, 03:45   #29

You need to add security to your website or you will be hacked. Nuff said.
Old 05/18/2011, 05:52   #30

Received Thanks: 1,242
your downloads dont work

Tags
aeo, aurora, eo, eudemons, server