Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Diablo 2: Resurrected
You last visited: Today at 14:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Tips to avoid getting scammed

Discussion on Tips to avoid getting scammed within the Diablo 2: Resurrected forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Tips to avoid getting scammed

D2R has had a VERY weird reception so far. It has been one of the most hyped remasters I've seen in a long time, but at the same time with very little community involvement from the hacker/exploit space.

Having said that, a LOT of scams are going to start showing up over the comings weeks so use this as a guide to avoid getting scammed:
  • Ask what features the program/product has
  • Ask for an explanation of these features
  • Ask for proof of said features (videos are harder to spoof than gifs/pictures)
  • Do they have a public forum posting somewhere that people can testify to authenticity?
  • Is said seller/reseller/creator talking about things that don't make sense for D2R? (aimbot, 'player esp', etc....yes I've seen this one recently!)
  • BTC transactions are sus, but are becoming more and more the new norm since Paypal sucks and it's ez to scam people with chargebacks
  • Avoid high transaction BTC's (more than $45) unless you KNOW the seller is legit or has a lot of trusted sales.
  • Keep logs/screengrabs of conversations in case they do scam you so you can get them banned from whatever location you found them from
  • If they're posting (WTS) on a forum with 1 post, and zero rep or confirmation posts, assume it's a scam going into it.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/03/2021, 00:25   #2

elite*gold: 0
100% agree with this also we as consumers have a say in the whole BTC being the new norm. It's simple don't allow it to be. If the seller isn't reputable/already had a reputation and will only accept BTC DO NOT BUY let them sit on the thousands of hours of work they put it if they are indeed legit making the mh/bot and when they see people don't trust them enough to send crypto they will relent and open up paypal venmo, but for every 1 legit hack creator there are 1000 others who are looking to scam you and by paying in crypto to these mother ******* you are only insensitivzing them to continue scamming people.

Now with all that said if a reputable person comes along that only accepts crypto that's different and completely fine but there's a reason all these guys with no rep are all over the place only taking crypto and its mostly to take your **** and if you're lucky you'll just be out your money but don't be surprised if the software they send you starts mining your own pc for more crypto for them.