Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron
You last visited: Today at 12:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

NPC Editing

Discussion on NPC Editing within the Dekaron forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
NPC Editing

Well, has anyone else tried to edit NPCs? Like adding a Holde in Python or editting an already existing NPC to become a stash keeper or potion seller? I haven't touched it much myself, but I've gone as far as changing the descriptions of a NPC. I'll look into it more (after I level a bit more).
Old 07/02/2008, 06:10   #2

It is possible. The item drop and price list is server side. But the npc are in a config.

You could add in dshop items etc. But i do not think they would be buy able. Unless acclaim is dumb and set a price.

This is how, people used to hack MICRO items on kalonline. You could buy for nearly nothing and resell or use and make a killing.

You will need a private server and find item list and indexs.
Old 07/02/2008, 06:18   #3

I was wondering about the quest giving npcs... somehow editing the rewards and levels to do the quests... make 30 accounts and do the parca temple bosses for unlimited silvers, of course useing a main to kill the bosses fast... any ideas?
Old 07/02/2008, 06:42   #4

@kate11, that's a different thing (Yeah, I used to play KalOnline). The way I'm thinking is that, when you visit a potion seller, you talk to it, and then choose the green option to open up a potion store. Basically, I'm trying to figure a way to add that option to a non-potion selling NPC. Because, the NPC would call up the potion window and you choose what you want and the then the server and client exchanges information. If it is done this way (I don't see any other way), then the only thing that could stop this is server-sided NPCs. But, I did succeed in changing their descriptions. My only problem now is locating where those options are stored for each NPC.

@sixshooter, in theory, redoing quests would be the same idea as adding a potion shop option to a useless NPC. but, the problem I see with that is that the server tracks which quests you've completed. You can tell just from the Quest Log. Editting the rewards might be possible by editting the right data. However, changing the level requirements of a quest wouldn't work in my opinion. All the level requirements I've run into the .csv files are server-sided (dungeons, for example). But, then again, I remember you could change the level requirements of armors while back...

Well, as a final thought, the only way for any of this to be do-able is whether or not the client actually sends a request for an item and the server reacts and responds. I believe this was the case in some other games (but, most of them were banned soon though). Heh, I'm too lazy to learn computer programming and such just for a game. Maybe someone else could help out with that.
Old 07/02/2008, 23:42   #5

So, basically, we're still stuck after changing descriptions lol. Well, for teleports, there might be a different way, because I remember I ran into a few files regarding teleports, but i never touched them. I'll look at them again later.
Old 07/03/2008, 01:17   #6

lol im guessing the dungeon locations are server sided..

just a thought:
try switching nunvice dungeon with a crespo dungeon, then enter the nunvice dungeon and see if it takes you to crespo, mayb this is a way to bypass lvl req for dungeons? =D
Old 07/03/2008, 01:42   #7

Well, there's most likely a problem with that. When you option to enter a dungeon, the client probably sends a request, and the server determines whether you are eligible, meaning it'll check your level, party, etc. This is probably why you can't just change the level requirement found in maplist.csv. So, you probably can't fool the server by making the client say you're trying to go to Nunvice but the client would actually go to the Crespo dungeon.
Old 07/03/2008, 09:33   #8

elite*gold: 20
yeh i've tried some things like this, tried messing with commision quests but i can only edit what it says when you have your mouse over it, but when you click it, it just changes. i've tried making maps sellable through an npc, by changig an item into a map and making map its own section in the shop both don't work.

im pretty sure npc's are server side, like making a dungeon free doesn't work etc.
Old 07/03/2008, 18:33   #9

Well, I know that making a dungeon free-of-charge is server-sided. There's an option for that in maplist.csv. But if you change it to 0 and enter a dungeon, it'll appear that you didn't pay. But, if you relog, the money goes away then. And, I can't find any files regarding the dungeon and quest systems (apart from the messages and descriptions). I'm starting to think those are actually in the server (the actual systems for that matter). And, I guess, if the quest system is server-sided, then NPCs may be as well. But, in my opinion, if the client and the server exchange requests and responses like I mentioned, then there should be a way to request NPC items, with or without a NPC. But, hell, that'll prob take a software programmer who understands the mechanics of the client, server, and their packets. Lol. GG.
Old 07/04/2008, 00:29   #10

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon8c View Post
But, hell, that'll prob take a software programmer who understands the mechanics of the client, server, and their packets. Lol. GG.
or people who like to mess with things
Old 07/04/2008, 04:09   #11

that is a pretty nice find, im gonna mess around with this a little