Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 08:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Need Some More Help..

Discussion on Need Some More Help.. within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Need Some More Help..

Alright so a while back I posted on how to make my server non hamachi.. I thought I had solved the problem as I changed the ip and I could connect to it but my friends could not. I'm using a VMWare server. Which ip address do I use to allow my friends connect? Mine? Or my VMWare's?
Old 05/17/2010, 05:41   #2

Im having this same problem :P I just use hamachi though because no one will give me an answer.
Old 05/17/2010, 15:27   #3

elite*gold: 20
well are what kind of connection are you using for your vmware server

is it nat? bridged?
Old 05/17/2010, 16:36   #4

most commonly it would be nat because thats what silkbotter has suggested
Old 05/18/2010, 00:37   #5

Quote:
Which ip address do I use to allow my friends connect? Mine? Or my VMWare's?
Well you see for you to connect to your own server from same computer you just need lan ip or localhost ip which is 127.0.0.1 but when you want your friends to join you need to use the Wan ip which connects to your server ofc. To check your wan ip go to whatismyip.com and check your ip.

So now if you are using NAT in vmware you should share the same ip with your main computer and your vitrual computer/vmware. (I'm no vmware pro so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure NAT is sharing same ip. You could check ip from both to make sure. So go to whatismyip.com from both your vmware and your actual pc and check if ips are same). if they are same you use ur WAN ip and change clients ip to that so ppl can connect to your server.

I've already posted this in your old thread that if you have Dynamic ip your wan ip will keep changing after short period of times(can vary from 1 day to couple weeks) and everytime it changes you gotta update client. So your best bet is to ask your internet provider for static WAN IP.

Also instead of vmware I always suggest ppl to dualboot windows xp with your parent OS. Makes it a lot faster and you don't need to worry about ips
Old 05/22/2010, 00:46   #6

Ok If u are using VM And non hamachi then you need to find the IP that the VM use's on your Router aka 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.1.99 could be anything like that but once you have that then port forward your ports 7880 , 50005 to the VM cleint. Basicly then anything connection to your internet ip on them ports will auto be redirected to the game server and it should work.

If you need more help pm me
Old 05/22/2010, 10:48   #7

Ok, well, if you are hosting the server through WMware, you must first configure the WMware first and then forward all the ports. There is no tutorial on that here, but when I was hosting cabal, I found a really awesome tutorial om how to do that for cabal, so it would be the same for Dekaron I guess, you would just have to forward different ports.

It should be somewhere , just look around in that thread, that tutorial should be somewhere there.
Old 05/22/2010, 12:00   #8

Received Thanks: 4,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto820 View Post
Well you see for you to connect to your own server from same computer you just need lan ip or localhost ip which is 127.0.0.1 but when you want your friends to join you need to use the Wan ip which connects to your server ofc. To check your wan ip go to whatismyip.com and check your ip.

So now if you are using NAT in vmware you should share the same ip with your main computer and your vitrual computer/vmware. (I'm no vmware pro so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure NAT is sharing same ip. You could check ip from both to make sure. So go to whatismyip.com from both your vmware and your actual pc and check if ips are same). if they are same you use ur WAN ip and change clients ip to that so ppl can connect to your server.

I've already posted this in your old thread that if you have Dynamic ip your wan ip will keep changing after short period of times(can vary from 1 day to couple weeks) and everytime it changes you gotta update client. So your best bet is to ask your internet provider for static WAN IP.

Also instead of vmware I always suggest ppl to dualboot windows xp with your parent OS. Makes it a lot faster and you don't need to worry about ips
you are sooo wrong
nat - host pc runs a DHCP service and gives the VM a local ip-address!
bridged - uses a virtual network card to connect directly straight to your "router" at home.
with bridged network your vm will get the same ip-range as your host computer has.

as i said before: use bridged network, let your router give an ip-address to your vm, then put that ip-address STATIC!! means manual ip-input. just input the stuff you got from the router.
then foward the loginserver and gameserver ports to the ip of your vm.
fowardning on the router as you shouldl know. then you're ready to go. just visit whatismyip.com and use that ip-address for the client.

after 24h if you visit whatismyip.com again, you'll notice that your ip-address has changed. this means, that you need to edit the client every 24h cuz your ip changes all the time.

PS: it is NOT possible to communicate between physical LAN adresses and virtual NAT addresses cuz they are in a different subnet.
with NAT you're only able to communicate with the host machine.(if you don't configure some more stuff)

Please note:
to avoid ip-dizzyness:
the ip-range of 192.168.XXX.XXX is designated to INTERNAL COMPUTER COMMUNICATION!
the 192.168.xxx.xxx addresses exist in EVERY private network at home.
you got only 1 connection to the net. this means all of your 192.168 machines at home have 1 external ip-address (the one that whatismyip.com shows you).
friends of you will NOT be able to connect to a 192.168.xxx.xxx pc from you! cuz it's not an internet adress, but more a local network address. give them the external ones.

port fowarding: since you have only 1 internet connection, and several computers at home (even if you just got one!), you'll have to tell the router where he should send the data request to.because there are more then 1 computers in the network.and the router doesnt know which one offers the dekaron server services.
you've gotta tell the router:
"hey mofo! if there's any paket incoming through port 7880 or 50005 (forgot the ports, but i think those are the right ones), then send it straight to the machine with the ip of 192.168.xxx.xxx (ip-address of the bridged VM)!