Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 09:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Need assistance

Discussion on Need assistance within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Need assistance

Ok my problem is that we packed our client into a data.pak but when ever we upload it for players to download they get to the extraction process of the client and it gives a corrupt file error. no matter which way i compress the file it comes out corrupt when u DL the file. ive tryed .rar,.exe,.zip.etc same result everytime can neone help me with this issue?
Old 04/18/2010, 08:12   #2

It's because the packer is used for packing trojans so thats why you should tell the people it's a false positive
Old 04/18/2010, 09:54   #3

you cant just pack everything into a pak. try this way, get a working pak from any server. and do all the patches using div/pak updater. this method works 100%. it's nothing to do with it a packer is used for packing trojans. it just that the headbytes of the pak.hd when you packing whole data in to pak is writen in different way that 's y the dekaron cant read it. so you need to have a working pak.hd 1st and do the patching.
Old 04/18/2010, 15:29   #4

have a .pak from another client the problem is when i rared it to upload for players to dl then they DL it the dtat pak says its corrupt in the extraction process ill attach a image for u its a crc error but im lost on why its sayin its corrupt its the only file that ends up corrupt
Old 04/20/2010, 00:40   #5

We have tried everything. But the data.pak is perfectly fine when we use it to play the game. We just cant get it rarred up and ready for people to play cause it wants to corrupt every single time.
Old 04/22/2010, 13:16   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisg2010 View Post
We have tried everything. But the data.pak is perfectly fine when we use it to play the game. We just cant get it rarred up and ready for people to play cause it wants to corrupt every single time.
hey , this might help it might not - I had this problem a long time ago with 2moons, What worked for me was try using "Morzilla firefox" as it has a downloading interface. My internet explorer just keept corrupting my files when i downloaded then, it was missing files out while downlloading . hope this helps
Old 04/22/2010, 13:48   #7

get a decent filehost.

most free hosts give corrupted downloads because they put a sessionlimit on their downloads