Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

#help , vote script

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
#help , vote script

hello all .
i tried all ways . searching , and tried some ways to fix from jainever123 fixes by edit php.ini
but still no change to work ....

my error is :

Quote:
Warning: mssql_connect() [function.mssql-connect]: Unable to connect to server: 78.130.234.34 in C:\xampp\htdocs\vote\vote.php on line 73

Warning: mssql_query() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in C:\xampp\htdocs\vote\vote.php on line 74

Warning: mssql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in C:\xampp\htdocs\vote\vote.php on line 75

Account not found.
some one help me plz .

Old 03/19/2010, 01:01   #2

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,868
if you are posting your answer, then why you still asking ?

Old 03/19/2010, 12:09   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by janvier123 View Post
if you are posting your answer, then why you still asking ?
i am not posting my answer !!
that's the error i got !! and i tried all ur ways to fix but still cant !!
omg
Old 03/19/2010, 12:25   #4

wihout the script source we can't tell you where to look at.

However janvier is right if u read the errors carefully they allready tell what is hapenning

the query gets wrong info after which it cannot find the account

Old 03/19/2010, 13:01   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol2k11 View Post
Warning: mssql_connect() [function.mssql-connect]: Unable to connect to server: 78.130.234.34 in C:\xampp\htdocs\vote\vote.php on line 73
Go to vote.php, see what's wrong on line 73...
And install SP4 for MSSQL!
Old 03/19/2010, 14:42   #6

Received Thanks: 1,868
Quote:
Unable to connect to server
how hard can it be ?
Old 03/19/2010, 21:42   #7

Unable to connect to server is something basic, fill in your hostname, username, password of your database in the config file, it should look like this:

I've just took it from some of my own scripts, if you still have problems, I'll try to help you out over teamviewer if you allow me. Press thanks if I helped you
Old 11/20/2015, 18:56   #8

okay **** it I give up I know this is a old as **** post but I have been looking everywhere I have gotten my vote for coins to work but the issue is that people can still go back and keep voting and keep getting coins I can't find how to fix that to put a stop to it and those **** IP scripts **** don't work either I get nothing but errors from my query, I need help please can someone help me get those 2 working please both of them I need the **** queries, I am getting tired of every time I look all I find is MySQL I don't use that piece of **** SQL so can anyone please help me?
Old 11/20/2015, 19:26   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel9001 View Post
okay **** it I give up I know this is a old as **** post but I have been looking everywhere I have gotten my vote for coins to work but the issue is that people can still go back and keep voting and keep getting coins I can't find how to fix that to put a stop to it and those **** IP scripts **** don't work either I get nothing but errors from my query, I need help please can someone help me get those 2 working please both of them I need the **** queries, I am getting tired of every time I look all I find is MySQL I don't use that piece of **** SQL so can anyone please help me?
Here there are the php scripts from janvier, they should work fine.. Use the one you need. These files allow to vote 1 time every 12 hours, but you can change it if you want..
Attached Files
File Type: rar vote-for-coins-mssql.rar (21.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: rar vote-for-coins-mysql.rar (18.9 KB, 15 views)
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/21/2015, 23:20   #10

gonna sound like a ****, but i have to take up for MySQL here

apparently you arent experienced enough to write this yourself, or fix your issue, so its not really fair to bash MySQL, which in my personal experience is better for web application than the MSSQL resource hog, not to mention MySQL can handle things better that MS can

i have lots of exp dealing with both, and imo it is MSSQL thats ****, i would much rather use MySQL for this game, like most other game emulators use flawlessly, then have repeated issues with the MSBS

and p.s. 99% of the SQL syntax is exactly the same between the 2 versions ffs
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/22/2015, 03:23   #11

@Decima I have been using MSSQL and MYSQL since they came out. for security, load balancing and features MSSQL is far beyond MySQL. I liked MySQL before Oracle took it over. I feel now it's an inferior product. Security is also better with MSSQL too. I've taught many database admin courses and compared both side by side many times and MSSQL wins hands down. If you're worried about resources then you don't have a server up to specs. The smallest amount of RAM I have in any server is 16GB. On Windows Server datacenter edition (2008 R2 or 2012) MSSQL is lightning-fast.

@Rebel9001 if you're setting this up with little knowledge then you are setting yourself up for failure. Take some time and learn PhP.
Old 11/22/2015, 04:43   #12

well then maybe you need to talk to some of the bigger sites out there that refuse to use MSSQL for web based applications, apparently they didnt get the memo, whether you have 16Gb or 32Gb of ram, doesnt change the fact that MSSQL server will use almost twice as much resources as MySQL will, thus forcing larger applications to use servers dedicated to ONLY the MSSQL server, meaning that the application its self will have to sit on a different server accessing the db via the local network, that with human error kinda cripples any added security that MSSQL could have.
MySQL runs lightning fast on 4Gb of ram, on win server 2003 SP1. MSSQL runs the same with 16Gb on 2008 oO - not sure if you were proving my point or yours. . .

MySQL has built in security functions that MSSQL doesnt have: just as an example, mysql_real_escape_string - MSSQL doesnt have this, you can make it do something similar if you want to make a function for it in your db ( i personally will envoke both so i can use the added features of MySQL with my php and MSSQL, best of both )

as an example, Craigslist uses MySQL only, used worldwide, nvr has down time, nvr had security issues, and apparently seems to do perfectly fine

dekaron uses MSSQL, they get hacked annually sometimes more than once, and have since before BMR (and yes, i am aware its human error that makes the security breech possible, but thats part of my point).

on that same note, most of all java applications will use MySQL, and java runs ALOT of things, yes i know they are owned by the same company, but they bought MySQL for a reason, they could just as easily used MSSQL.

im not trying to say what you are saying is wrong by any means, but saying you taught db admin classes doesnt make you an expert, but teachers teach what they know, usually with information from material and ppl with bias concepts of what the standard may be at the time, we are taught things that are incorrect from elementary school all the way in to college, most of the history we are taught is flawed, yet its the standard, and altho the ppl that teach those courses may be experts in what they are teaching, it doesnt mean what they are teaching is accurate in any form.

there is a reason why MSSQL isnt used as much as it should be, and on that same note, there is a reason why MySQL is used as much as it is, they both have their place where their usage is justified over the other, my point was that unless he is running a multi billion dollar fortune 500 company and has tried both avenues and came to the conclusion that MSSQL offers what is best for his company after carefully picking thru each pro and con, its not fair to just call MySQL shit, especially considering that function and syntax is all but similar and that his obvious lack of experience with both instances really doesnt allow such a blatant and grossly inaccurate judgement to be thrown around like which restaurant has the better cheeseburger

i based my opinion on the experience i have had with both over the years, ease of use and setup, cost, reliability, functionality, functionality and use of third party software like PHP and apache (both have massive support for MySQL but hardly any for MSSQL), and from my many years of experience seems like a simple choice; do i want a massive headache, or do i not.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/22/2015, 18:44   #13

@Decima this is a good discussion. I'm not disputing that MySQL is a great product. I have MySQL and MSSQL for my clients as I host websites too. MySQL works better with PhP hands-down because of the native support. But comparing Dekaron just isn't fair as the database is so poorly made it wouldn't matter what platform it used. Numeric fields as text etc.....

One thing MSSQL has is real-time replication and load balancing. Security is also better.

It all depends on the application that sits in front of the database.

« Wrong password buying from Dshop | First unique Action 9 server Beta »