Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 02:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to Edit Texture Files (DDS)

Discussion on How to Edit Texture Files (DDS) within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,236
How to Edit Texture Files (DDS)

Hey guys, i'm not sure if there is a tutorial for this already. But I seen people asking about editing and modding some textures. There is many things you can edit like skills, items, weapons, wings, and etc. So lets get started.

First of all, you need a good program, for editing. I highly recommend you get Photoshop (Latest if you Can). I'm going to be using photoshop cs4 in this tutorial.

1. Ok, before you start opening any files, make sure to go to this website: - scroll down, and download the latest dds plugin for photoshop. Then install it.

2. Now find the file that you want to edit in the texture folder, and open it with photoshop.

3. A window should come up in photoshop asking for the DDS read properties. Just click ok.

4. Now edit whatever you want, and make sure to watch out for Alpha Channels or transparencies. (I'll go over these in another tutorial)

5. After you're done editing, go to File>Save As> and select dds in the format section.

6. Now after you press save, another windows will show up. There you should see a list of what format you want your DDS to be. Make sure to select: DXT5 - ARGB (Works best when working with alpha channels and such)

7. Now after you saved it, backup you're old DDS just in case, and replace it with the old one. Now go test it out.

Please leave thanks if I helped!
Thanks
7 Users
Old 01/07/2018, 23:38   #2

elite*gold: 0
thx