Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 19:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New login sql server

Discussion on New login sql server within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
New login sql server

Quote:
# 14. Go To Security -> Login -> Right Click -> New Login
# 15. Put Name "account" -> Click Dot In SQL Server Authentication
# 16. Use "account" As Password -> Choose "master" As Default Database
# 17. Go To Tab Database Access -> Click On Database "account, billing, cash, character"
# 18. In Permit In Database Role Click On "db_owner" For Each Of The 4 Databases -> Click OK
*If You Get An Error "User "account" Already Existed" Then Go To "account, billing, cash, character" -> Users And Delete The User "account" That Should Be There. And Then Do Steps 14-18 Again
# 19. Go To Databases -> "account, billing, cash, character" -> Right Click -> Properties -> Permission Click All Of Them On User "account"
# 20. Open SQL Query Analyzer And Run Query In Q-1 And In Q-2
Since no one answered i made this topic. I really need help with this one i cant get it to work!

Is there a problem if u do not do those steps about the login for account? Because i cant get it to work somehow it keeps saying account already exists while i deleted account at logins,when i click ok it creates account but gives error that it exists any help here im clueless.
Old 02/05/2010, 18:22   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteWarrior View Post
Since no one answered i made this topic. I really need help with this one i cant get it to work!

Is there a problem if u do not do those steps about the login for account? Because i cant get it to work somehow it keeps saying account already exists while i deleted account at logins,when i click ok it creates account but gives error that it exists any help here im clueless.
heres a lil guide i quickly threw together if ur only deleting the account under the logins in the security tab then thats why ur getting this error there is more to delete then just that one. Try these steps and then try adding new login.

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Step4:

Step 5:
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/05/2010, 19:19   #3

Thank you very much for youre detailed min tutorial ,im surprised not one member here has tried to help here,i believe alot users have this problem. It succeeded 2 times but the others wont get deleted.

Any idea why?

error message:
Old 02/05/2010, 19:30   #4

umm truthfully i havnt got a clue why its bringin that error up ive never ran into that problem the only thing i can recommend is restart the server and then try deleting the accounts or erase the server and reinstall it startin from scratch
Old 02/05/2010, 19:32   #5

Hm ok ill try that out,so i guess the tutorial of warmonger and janvier misses some steps to do they only say delete account on security only and not on the other databases.
Old 02/05/2010, 19:39   #6

# 14. Go To Security -> Login -> Right Click -> New Login
# 15. Put Name "account" -> Click Dot In SQL Server Authentication
# 16. Use "account" As Password -> Choose "master" As Default Database
# 17. Go To Tab Database Access -> Click On Database "account, billing, cash, character"
# 18. In Permit In Database Role Click On "db_owner" For Each Of The 4 Databases -> Click OK
*If You Get An Error "User "account" Already Existed" Then Go To "account, billing, cash, character" -> Users And Delete The User "account" That Should Be There. And Then Do Steps 14-18 Again
# 19. Go To Databases -> "account, billing, cash, character" -> Right Click -> Properties -> Permission Click All Of Them On User "account"

well in part 18 of the guide it says to delete from account, billing, etc its just kinda buried in the words abit
Old 02/05/2010, 19:49   #7

I see got me confused there my apoligies. im using sql 2005 when i got to delete account i have to go to billing>security>user>account and delete account but it wont.

Can you explain for what are these steps for? For securing the ''account'' user or what? What if these steps are not done?
Old 02/05/2010, 19:59   #8

um well im not that great in really understanding how it works but i belive what this is doing is giving access between the server and ur database
Old 02/05/2010, 20:25   #9

Hm ok i believe this has some thing to do with the ODBC driver whenu make a sql driver linked to account database. i think its linked to the ''account'' that u make at security>login IF so ODBC isnt used except for registering right? Well there is register page without ODBC.

But well correct me some one and tell me the exact use of these steps.
Old 02/06/2010, 08:17   #10

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,876

pick one, they all work
and it does have the **** ODBC
and i dont see a reason why you need ODBC ?
ive been writing DKCMS without ODBC and i have no porblems ...
Old 02/06/2010, 17:17   #11

Can you tell me is it necessary to make these steps? As described in my reply? Are these steps ONLY needed to odbc linked to account in database? And thx.