Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 19:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

lan play?

Discussion on lan play? within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old 10/01/2009, 13:31   #16

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow107 View Post
not really i have acc since 2007-8 can't really remember
are u ex6tence?
Old 10/01/2009, 14:43   #17

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombe View Post
are u ex6tence?
not really xD my old acc was just for viewing i never talked in it

but i forgot the pass anyway so i made biggy xD
Old 10/02/2009, 03:38   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decima View Post
fail.

most of ALL the decent routers have what is called a DHCP Server

this server that is built inside of your router (or network switch) passes out Local Area Network IP addresses to each node(or computer, for u noobs) connected to it UNLESS you go into your tcp/ip configuration(in your network setting of your OS) and configure it to NOT obtain an ip automatically, and use an IP specified by the user(hence the LAN IP being STATIC).

if you choose to have ur OS obtain an IP automatically, then it will use the DHCP Server in your router to obtain an IP address from

Linksys, Cisco, and D-Link routers all have these features, and are the most popular, top selling brands, of broadband routers and network switches

of course you can turn this feature off inside of your router configuration, however by default it is on, because by default both windows and mac OS are setup to obtain the IP automatically, because they assume that you will connecting either directly to the internet (which 99% of all ISP's also use a DHCP Server, unless you have a static IP thru your ISP) or have bought a decent router that has this enabled by default . . . . .

i know more then i should about networking, network switches, and broadband routers, dont ask why, its a long story . . .
dude i know its first come first serve on router ips. but think in terms of dekaron server...the server must be on 24/7 so it will have same ip always. And even if it does get shut off all you would have to do is ipconfig on the serv pc and then update the client with divs with a new loginlist and channellist. Use your head Decima.

So before you say fail..quit just acting like u fucking know everything about everything. Slow down son and use your head. Or just donate your brain to someone who knows they are in a dekaron forum and not a switch/router forum. Believe me..i know just as much about switches...worked for 2wire modem/router company. Working on DSL DSLAMs for bellsouth was harder.
Old 10/02/2009, 05:47   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsNobody View Post
dude i know its first come first serve on router ips. but think in terms of dekaron server...the server must be on 24/7 so it will have same ip always. And even if it does get shut off all you would have to do is ipconfig on the serv pc and then update the client with divs with a new loginlist and channellist. Use your head Decima.
so, updating with divs every time the server gets shutoff for some reason would be using my head, and just making the lan ip static so you dont have to ever worry about it, is not using my head????

work smarter, not harder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsNobody View Post
Ummm...every ip inside a router network IS static. Unless u have have some pos router that assigns ur pc's dynamic ip
if i am reading this right, u said EVERY ip in a router is static, but they arent, DHCP == Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol which means the ip's are dynamic, which was the statement i made. im not claiming to know everything, i am claiming that you were incorrect in ur statement. is as if u were trying to show me up with ur comment as if i didnt know wtf i was talking about, so i made the post to let you and everyone else know that i did know what i was talking about, and it holds true.

qiute telling me to use my head, it should be obvious that i am using my head because of the fact that i do know what i am talking about, and the simple fact here is that weather u invented routers or you are the CEO of bellsouth, updating files every time something happens that shuts the server off is plain stupid when you can just make the lan ip static, lets not forget that you are the one who jumped on the post JUST to comment on what i said like it was something i made up, or i wasn't 'using my head', and after a completely justified response to ur attack on my knowledge base, you are the spitting image of what you are so quick to accuse me of doing

why are you even arguing the point?? i didnt to show anyone up, call anyone stupid, or even make it out like i knew more then anyone about anything, i am still a noob to this whole thing, theres no question. but you are supposed to be some super 1337 p-server guru that gets pissed off whenever someone shows they actually have a brain that they use, and start throwing stones.

no reason to be on the defense nobody, im not here to steal ur thunder, apologies if my being smart somehow insults you, but im not here to argue every stupid little thing u disagree with, i was right this time so suck it up :P

if there is some mastery of the p-server that you think i am overlooking, u are prolly right, would love for you to correct me so i can move on with what i am doing, i have a million questions that i doubt anyone here would/could answer but by all means if you think u got what it takes i wont doubt u a bit, just let me know, correct me, show me the ways of the jedi, spell it out for me, whatever. i would be more than satisfied to have it all set straight.

but can the 'use ur head' bullshit already, im doing my best, which is more than i can say for most of the tards around here. put ur money where ur mouth is, im ready when u are . . . .
Old 10/02/2009, 12:30   #20

heh well spoken...Thought u were being a smartass. Just letting u know what i meant by it being static. got msn deci?