Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 22:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

lan play?

Discussion on lan play? within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
lan play?

hi all, id just like to ask is it possible to start a server to play on it in house lan only? if yes id b very grateful if someone could explain. there is a lan party that im making n i need to know if this can be done and how?

thanks in forward.
Old 09/29/2009, 15:50   #2

hamtchi !!!!!
Old 09/29/2009, 15:52   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow107 View Post
hamtchi !!!!!
yes yes i had something in mind like that, but i need to know how to do it (where to change the server adress to hamachi one?
Old 09/29/2009, 16:07   #4

elite*gold: 20
Hamatchi is not the same as lan
I think there is no way to set it to run only on lan. =/
Old 09/29/2009, 16:33   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombe View Post
Hamatchi is not the same as lan
I think there is no way to set it to run only on lan. =/
ya but these the only way to play with your friend in your home
Old 09/29/2009, 17:34   #6

elite*gold: 35
Received Thanks: 1,958

(eo stari, preporucm da skines ovaj zadji link, samo trebas installat i to je to sve ce ti radit, samo izmijenis IPove, i moci cete igrat preko hamachija)
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/30/2009, 00:14   #7

dude
every pc on a home network has a diff ip withtin the home. Got your thinking cap on? ipconfig ftw

EDIT :: Also why u got a guardian userbar in ur sig kakkaroT? j/w Most of us trolls look at guardians as paul blart and mods as the feds
Old 09/30/2009, 04:15   #8

why not just set it up as usual, and only give the ppl in ur house the client with ur ip in it?

ok, maybe this lan isnt on the net?

then you could simply set up a static lan ip on the server and put that ip in ur client . . . .
Old 09/30/2009, 04:42   #9

Ummm...every ip inside a router network IS static. Unless u have have some pos router that assigns ur pc's dynamic ip
Old 09/30/2009, 08:31   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsNobody View Post
Ummm...every ip inside a router network IS static. Unless u have have some pos router that assigns ur pc's dynamic ip
fail.

most of ALL the decent routers have what is called a DHCP Server

this server that is built inside of your router (or network switch) passes out Local Area Network IP addresses to each node(or computer, for u noobs) connected to it UNLESS you go into your tcp/ip configuration(in your network setting of your OS) and configure it to NOT obtain an ip automatically, and use an IP specified by the user(hence the LAN IP being STATIC).

if you choose to have ur OS obtain an IP automatically, then it will use the DHCP Server in your router to obtain an IP address from

Linksys, Cisco, and D-Link routers all have these features, and are the most popular, top selling brands, of broadband routers and network switches

of course you can turn this feature off inside of your router configuration, however by default it is on, because by default both windows and mac OS are setup to obtain the IP automatically, because they assume that you will connecting either directly to the internet (which 99% of all ISP's also use a DHCP Server, unless you have a static IP thru your ISP) or have bought a decent router that has this enabled by default . . . . .

i know more then i should about networking, network switches, and broadband routers, dont ask why, its a long story . . .
Old 09/30/2009, 09:38   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow107 View Post
ok its kinda hard so u most read well :
1-restart your pc
2- download firefox or google chrome for me i prefer google chrome
3- go to
4- search for the big stciky that top of these post
5- open it
6- there 3 video
7- look at all of them
8- you dumb
9- look at my sig for dumb translating
10 - don't post these stupid thread again
11- ya i am hush bt cuz i tired of noob who ask
12- did not liked ? GTFO
man im around this forum alot longer than you. if you dont have something smart to tell me get the fuck out of my thread.
go make your own noob thread than u can flame there all u want...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kakkarot~ View Post

(eo stari, preporucm da skines ovaj zadji link, samo trebas installat i to je to sve ce ti radit, samo izmijenis IPove, i moci cete igrat preko hamachija)
hvala ti frende od svih "pametnih" ljudi ovdje ti si jedini pravi koji je pomogo.
Old 09/30/2009, 23:42   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja View Post
man im around this forum alot longer than you. if you dont have something smart to tell me get the **** out of my thread.

hvala ti frende od svih "pametnih" ljudi ovdje ti si jedini pravi koji je pomogo.
wow u r u really longer then him here ? and u didnt learn to look at sticky?
sounds funny
Old 10/01/2009, 02:49   #13

Gm Bullet flammes aint going to make this better just stfu and stop flamming his thread he has a question let someone come and answer it mk?
Old 10/01/2009, 03:03   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ush604 View Post
Gm Bullet flammes aint going to make this better just stfu and stop flamming his thread he has a question let someone come and answer it mk?
it is answered dude, and im not flaming, im just wondering because he said he is longer then bigshow here. funny thing is that he never looked at stickys.
Old 10/01/2009, 09:13   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja View Post
man im around this forum alot longer than you. if you dont have something smart to tell me get the **** out of my thread.
not really i have acc since 2007-8 can't really remember
omg if you saying you alot longer here why the **** you asking stupid question?
fail