Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 12:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Dekaron Client Loads GM Then closes client. No error presented.

Discussion on Dekaron Client Loads GM Then closes client. No error presented. within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question Dekaron Client Loads GM Then closes client. No error presented.

Okay here is the scenario:

I can load my client and create a character, Load the game, Arrive in load or braiken and start playing.

I log out of my character go into the server to tblcharacter and make the character a GM by placing the [GM] tag before the character name. Then Ill go open my dekaron exe, it loads, I can select the GM character, then select the shard, It will go to the loading screen for loa and when the loading is done and progress bar is full. The client will close.

The client closes, it does not disconnect or give any errors. just loads the map to 100% and shuts down the client BEFORE actually displaying the character in loa or braiken.

Here is what I have tried.

1 I have made sure that the [GM] tag and character name have no spaces.
2 I have checked the coords of the character to make sure they were not faulty.
3 I have made a non gm character and map loads fine and allows to play.
4 I have checked the anti GM job in the server
5 I have tried with a couple clients but cannot seem to get the character with a [GM] tag to enter the game.
6 I have tried to create a new user account and follow the steps above nothing seems to work.

7: I have searched here, watched tomiks videos over and over again while pausing and completeing the steps.
8: I have searched DKU and cannot seem to find it.
9: I have also tried another client and launcher and still the same issue.

What I have found out: Most people say its a NPC or map error. Logically I looked into these first but this to me does not explain why the map will load for an account but not for the GM character, as the files / clients are the same.

I have now spent a few nights trying to answer this question. Ive asked google, youtube, and even looked through our forums here but the suggestions are vague.

Someone else had to have had this happen to them here, can anyone give me a hint as I am hitting a dead end. As always your assistance in molding me giving me the skills / reasoning to accomplish this task is highly valued to me personally so any help is appreciated. I have left the anti GM jobs and security protocols alone inside Silks 1 click server. if anyone wants to look at them as a reference.

Also per other suggesstions I have the korean client and test server as well and I am currently setting that one up. Still trying to get into silkbotters 1 click as well.

Thanks EPVP and Dekaron gurus
Old 08/21/2013, 23:20   #2

something i have never heard of b4 tbh

u say u checked the anti-gm job, but you should try turning it completely off.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/22/2013, 00:19   #3

Hey decima, can you give me a heads up on how to turn it off completley? Is it as simple as removing the script?
I just checked it for accuracy off of one of warmongers threads / TUTs.
Old 08/22/2013, 00:30   #4

You need to remove the SP from the mssql itself. Also,

Maybe another reason: I had this same problem once before when siege was not working and it was bugged. My GM had castle owner but every time I connected it crashed at 100%. I guess it would be irrelevant, but it's worth a look into as well.

If you added the SP for the anti-gm then just delete that SP. If you copied someones DB baks, then it could have any given name. Just open them all until you find the lines. There are some anti-gm queries here that you can use in reference to find those lines.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/22/2013, 00:31   #5

go to the sql manager, go down to management/server agent/jobs

right click on the antiGM and disable job

be sure u get some kinda of protection from ppl making GMs b4 u make it live btw, there are better ways than the current scipt
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/22/2013, 02:34   #6

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decima View Post
go to the sql manager, go down to management/server agent/jobs

right click on the antiGM and disable job

be sure u get some kinda of protection from ppl making GMs b4 u make it live btw, there are better ways than the current scipt

Could this possibly be in the .exe of the file? Are people known to code anti-gm procedures in there?

or something in the csv files that would specifically fault on a [GM] loading up that was say unauthorized..

This was just a random brain thought. I am not at home yet to test any of these ideas.
Old 08/22/2013, 02:42   #7

nothing that i have heard of no, there are 2 good ways to stop ppl from making GM characters, the anti gm script, which actually worked very well in its day, and then you can also alter the SP in the database to only accept certain characters, with only a very small edit

warmongers way is kinda like that only his has all this other bullshit u dont need, you only need to simply look for the [ or ] characters and deny the name if present, if u look in the SP you will see a small function in there that denies a character name based on if the name already exists, u can use the same return call (-12 i believe?) to deny the name after a match with [ or ]

if u got a hold of a exe that wont let you in on a GM, then u should go find another exe, aint no telling what other **** they have in there, besides of course alot of unneeded effort to do the same thing u can do in 3 lines in the SP
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/22/2013, 02:48   #8

I will try all of this and get back to you guys. Thank you again for all the help!

PS: For anybody looking to " get files " try making some on your own.. you will appreciate all these guys releases sooo much more. This is hard work but very rewarding when you accomplish it.
Old 08/22/2013, 14:11   #9

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,876
did you check the following?
  • did you mess with the stats? (insane stats)
  • what level is the (gm) char ?
  • did you try another client / exe ?
  • does it have a guild?
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/22/2013, 17:09   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by janvier123 View Post
did you check the following?
  • did you mess with the stats? (insane stats)
  • what level is the (gm) char ?
  • did you try another client / exe ?
  • does it have a guild?
I have given him insane stats 99999 or so. Character level is lvl 1 and I have also made him 150 ( lvl cap is 200)

Tried new launcher. doesn't work.

Swapped out share folder, & after that didnt work as it was out of desperation I tried a whole new client.

No guild atm as I was not sure how to do that without getting in the game. ( honestly just hadn't researched how to do the guild thing without being logged in.

*** Also removed the SP for anti GM completely.

I can see the [GM] character in the select screen but still when either braiken or loa loads the client will close. No error. just close.

I have tried to replace maplist, double and triple checked ini's and version. I have downloaded the 2moons expedition client as well and tried that last night. Going on 4 hrs of sleep so if I sound off im sorry i am just tired and woke up to see your post.

Update: I also downloaded the 2moons expedition client but could not get that one to load after changing the normal ini's and version. I did unpack it.. maybe that is the issue.

Gotta hand it to you devs.. i took your work for granted when you made all those awesome pservers for me to play on. Thanks for that and for putting some time in to help me learn how to do this.

As always Ill keep researching - there has to be an answer for this and likley it is something stupid and totally noobish of me to miss it. Probably something you guys always do that I just dont know about.

Thanks guys!
Old 08/22/2013, 20:17   #11

take those stats off, no one stat can be above 65k or u will crash everytime
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/22/2013, 20:27   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decima View Post
take those stats off, no one stat can be above 65k or u will crash everytime
Hey decima thanks for the reply.

I have tried both ways, With a new created lvl 1 character > logged out > made that lvl 1 a gm with nothing else modified > logged in > selected character then server > loa loads or braiken > when map finishes loading 100% screen goes black > client closes. Same process with GM and the increased stats.

** Nice to know about that cap though. Ill fo sure put that in my log so I remember that one. **

I just cant fathom why I can play on a regular character but as soon as I put the GM tag on it all goes to **** and wont load.
Old 08/23/2013, 01:38   #13

What exe are u using and what client? Try to use Seph 11 class. Or if u want 10 dshop tabs on it my release of that exe, all normal created chars work only gm crashes u? U could try to just restore ur whole db and try again....
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/23/2013, 02:00   #14

i would go with trying different exe's like conq said, i would even go as far as trying a complete client if the exe's dont do it, i would leave redoing the db as the last thing to try

seeing as how a normal character loads fine, i doubt its any thing to do with items or mobs, or w/e, which really only leaves the exe's and the db, BUT this is dekaron, so its likely something that once you find will make little sense, if you ever find it that is.

you will come to find that the korean team that put this thing together were obviously working in separate rooms not talking to each other in any form, looks like a bucha sweat shop kids put it together, and the logic behind it is even worse than that, so keep that in mind
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/23/2013, 02:09   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by conquer93 View Post
What exe are u using and what client? Try to use Seph 11 class. Or if u want 10 dshop tabs on it my release of that exe, all normal created chars work only gm crashes u? U could try to just restore ur whole db and try again....
Okay.. incoming noob question that I should not even ask.. but my brain is so fried on this problem im all upside down and confused. For the sake of giving you guys accurate info on exe and client can you tell me how to tell all of them apart? I hate myself for even typing that question but if it will help find my problem... I have no choice. See I went through and read many tuts.. ( okay well every one of the tuts I could find lol) Then I downloaded all the server files and clients that were out. I actually have your 10 tab release sitting there although I wasnt sure how to add it so I didnt even open it yet. ( hey im being honest) I wanted to get the release before the link died like so many I had tried. For example.. Tomiks TUT first 3 or so links dont work anymore.. Because of those I couldnt get a full working client. So i Tried another and another.. until I found one that worked. Im at the point of wiping and starting over with the DB's again thinking possibly I missed a step. For sure I know I have 4 clients at least That will work but they are not clean clients ( not my work ) so I DONT want to use them. I want this to be all me... all MY work. That is important to me.. or as much as I can manage to be mine. I realize that because this is my first go, im going to have hard times ahead and this wont be easy. But ive wanted to do this for years.. so im dedicated to learning to do it the right way.