I have recently started working on some skills and changing up the skill trees to look nicer. I currently am learning how the skill csv's actually work but I was wondering if anyone here can give me some insight on how everything works.
~How do I change the effect they do. *(Ex: -150% mov speed.)
~The description of the effect and skill its self. *(Ex: +123 defense from sword defense.)
~The length of that effect. *(Ex: How long sleep or slows last.)
~Icons that they give you and/or your enemy. *(Ex: The icon that appears once your get a + buff from the skill and the icon that they get from the debuff.)
SideNote: How could I go about adding a 5 tab on the hunter and all the other classes who only have 4 tabs to their skill window?
If you want I do have a skype where I am always on. Add: nate bolinger - Ansem774
the effect ids just b4 the args is the effect the skill does. which is in status.csv
how long stuff lasts in most cases in in the args. (its not in seconds. add two 0's for it to be in seconds. so 20 seconds would be 2000) (args also tend to cover the dmg of the skill so dont just change first one ***** nilly. see how long it lasts for in-game so u know ur not changing wrong one.)
icons i havnt felt the need to mess with on my lan so i couldnt say.
why do u need 5th tab? theres room to add stuff in other windows, or even below trans skills.
Thanks for your post! I do have a couple concerns though!
1. Effect Id: Some skills do NOT even have any values here. Weird part is that the ones I looked at should have something there because they give some effects.
EX: h2_1_1_recovershield.csv (RecoverShield Segnale Skill.) This skill obvious recovers an amount of shield yet this is one of the skills that does not have anything in the effect id column.
2nd EX: Other skills that may have a value in the effect id column. I see a couple that do have a value there but when I try to find the matching index value in the status.csv, they're not matching. Yet the skill does what it is suppose to do.
2.Args. These columns I see, but again they are not matching up with what they actually do. Say for instance Alokens "punish" (165) skill.
"2149,512,0,3752,28288,9860,5000","args1-7." The skills de-buff effect lasts for 7 secs, yet these args from what you said are the lengths of the effect. They don't match or i'm reading this wrong as well.
Great info though but if you can look into this or give me some more info that would be great!
If anyone else can give me some insight on how to do the few listed things above, that would be GREATLY appreciated.
P.S about the extra skill tree tabs. I want to add the extra tabs to clean up our trees. We are currently making some design and tidiness to them and we want to separate the hellions and pets.
Thanks for your post! I do have a couple concerns though!
1. Effect Id: Some skills do NOT even have any values here. Weird part is that the ones I looked at should have something there because they give some effects.
EX: h2_1_1_recovershield.csv (RecoverShield Segnale Skill.) This skill obvious recovers an amount of shield yet this is one of the skills that does not have anything in the effect id column.
2nd EX: Other skills that may have a value in the effect id column. I see a couple that do have a value there but when I try to find the matching index value in the status.csv, they're not matching. Yet the skill does what it is suppose to do.
2.Args. These columns I see, but again they are not matching up with what they actually do. Say for instance Alokens "punish" (165) skill.
"2149,512,0,3752,28288,9860,5000","args1-7." The skills de-buff effect lasts for 7 secs, yet these args from what you said are the lengths of the effect. They don't match or i'm reading this wrong as well.
Great info though but if you can look into this or give me some more info that would be great!
If anyone else can give me some insight on how to do the few listed things above, that would be GREATLY appreciated.
P.S about the extra skill tree tabs. I want to add the extra tabs to clean up our trees. We are currently making some design and tidiness to them and we want to separate the hellions and pets.
Thanks,
Nate
The reason you can't figure it out is because some new guy with little knowledge tried explaining things.
1. status.csv -> holds status indexes, status descriptions (the ones you see on the icons that are on the icon tray), and the status codes+amounts, and finally the icon image to use.
2. skill files -> each skill file holds the rest of the information you want. however look at args 1-7 in this case since you want to mess with effects. IMPORTANT!!! each resultcode number has a unique way it handles the args, so you have to compare multiple different skills and mess around with them to figure out which arg does what for each resultcode.
Ex:
- 1000101 - Arg2 is damage.
- 2000301 – No args, revives player.
- 4000005 – No args, wipes icon tray.
basically take some time to look at the files and you can easily find the status effect being applied and how long its applied for.
There is no place which holds a list for the resultcodes, I've made one of my own and I'm sure many others have done the same thing.
But considering the time it takes to write a good list of resultcodes and what they do and such, I doubt you could even find one on here.
As for the icons, I've never edited them nor really cared to edit them yet. Someone else is going to have to jump in (don't feel like using the search feature either since I don't care).
ex: m_1_1_shieldofsiz open it and you will find
IconIndex,409
find 409 on script/ui/com/imagetable
skill_icon,409,UI\Game\skill\S_Incar_Magician.dds, 280,320,40,40,0,0,0,0, ½―µε ΏΐΊκ ½ΓΑξ
Open it with a program like paint.net
im not good with english so i cant explain it better.
Location
Starting pixel (from left to right, X)
Starting pixel (from top to bottom, Y)
how many pixels should image take, (if normal number - to right, if negative - to left from starting point [x;y])
how many pixels should image take, (if normal number - down, if negative - up. from starting point [x;y])
need assistance 06/30/2012 - DarkOrbit - 3 Replies Hi, please dont read this and close request right away
i am looking for a forum post by DO ADMIN R.A.Z.O.R.
i am sure you all know the credit packer program
it seems to have been removed. for some reason and im guessing it has to do with him being DO admin and bigpoint tracking us he probably didnt want it out as evidence against him...that is just what i want
how do you access the archives of this forum? is there an archived version of this so i can use as blackmail and get my...
need a bit of assistance 11/22/2011 - EO PServer Hosting - 5 Replies nevermind thanks though
...checking the logs for the acc server I get an error message saying name='#####' failed, wrong password. -- Sun Nov 20 19:06:34 2011
(not just for me but for everyone who has tried to login)
completely replaced the mysql install and restored the files with a backup... apparenltly some portions of the mysql installation itself were corrupted somehow
NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE AND HELP 11/19/2009 - Grand Chase Philippines - 9 Replies Ok guys, I need your help sharing some programs with me. i know its kinda stupid for me requesting something for others but i really need your assistance and help in completing my hacks. ill just be needing an old version of GC.
what i want:
-old script.kom
-old ai.kom
-old bugtrap.dll
Skill Hack Assistance? 11/26/2008 - Dekaron - 12 Replies I'm trying to get it where my hunter can solo A.
Do I need to go into .d04 and search for the specific skill?
What do I edit?
Kikichan said something about searching for it in the old data.pak, is that still what you do?
I'm totally confused.
Any help would be appreciated
Skill exp assistance 04/19/2008 - Cabal Online - 2 Replies 1st of all hi everybody, ive been looking around and saw some cool guides on how to hack and such (some i cant even understand though xD)
its all great but i still havent found anything that can actuali help me making the game play better.
im only looking for a way to make skill exp faster and such, ive seen the thread about the double skill exp but unfortunately i didnt understand shit...
if u could explain to me more or give me any other way to lvl up my skill rank, more then i do now...