Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 14:37

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Space aces - Upcoming private Server in HTML5

Discussion on Space aces - Upcoming private Server in HTML5 within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Space aces - Upcoming private Server in HTML5

Hi everyone, hope you're having a pleasant day.

Some time ago, i have asked here if it is even worth the effort porting DO into "HTML5", with most answers being passive or negative (Understandably so). Unfortunately for me, that did not stop my mind bugging me to continue and bring the project back to life. So here we are

I would like to introduce, my new (for now) private server purely made using the marvels of modern css and js.

So what is the server about?

The server is a Free-to-Play HTML5 server with a streamlined economy, enabling most players to achieve "Full Elite Status" within 6-8 hours of gameplay (even faster with friends), eliminating the need for excessive grinding. There is no P2W, no funny boosters giving 50% damage boost, etc, as I believe a more even playing field makes the game fun!

The server is more PvP sided, but PvE enthusiasts will also find a welcoming space with NPCs seamlessly integrated into the game loop!

And do not worry, there is plenty of endgame stuff ready, if you're not a fan of ranking up or just shooting other players

The server itself is based on DarkOrbit during the 2014 year. The important word being based on, as the server diverges from the subsequent developments in DarkOrbit, having its own original items and events.

How the HTML5 helps the game and server:

No Downloads, No Clients: Players can seamlessly enjoy the game directly in their browsers, eliminating the need for downloads.

Optimized Performance: Since there is no longer so much flash player junk, it allows the client to perform greatly even on the most potato systems. In my personal tests on xbox, tablets and smartphones, the FPS were always sitting comfortably at 60FPS! Now if you have a proper gaming PC with a high refresh rate monitor, you will enjoy the wonders of 100, or even 200+ FPS!

Controller Support: Leveraging JavaScript, our server accommodates console controllers, offering players the choice between the standard keyboard/mouse setup or the immersive experience of gaming with console controllers (compatible with both PS and Xbox controllers).

Voice Chat Integration: While currently unimplemented, the incorporation of HTML5 tools paves the way for a future voice chat system, enhancing the multiplayer experience with group communication.

Differences/New Features:
Keyboard Shortcuts: Additional shortcuts, such as EMP, have been introduced to optimize inventory slots.

Laser visuals: Players can toggle between modern and classic laser visuals, catering to the preferences of both new and nostalgic players.

Jackpot and Jackpot Arena: The process of collecting jackpot currency remains mostly unchanged, though instead of being forced to collect bonus boxes, players can now gather jackpot in combat. Once a month, the server will be hosting the Jackpot Arena event, with the ability to win (for now) up to 100€, depending on how much jackpot an user has gathered. Of course, there are couple new rules, and the whole event will be streamed using spectator mode, to prevent a bunch of issues DO JPA encountered!

In-Game Equipment and Shop: Streamlining the player experience, ship purchasing and equipping can now be done in-game, eliminating the need to switch tabs.

Diverse Lasers: The LF-4 is no longer gonna be the only meta. While staying a very powerful and accessible laser, there are now new types of lasers, which have different quirks to them, allowing for more fun and diverse combat.

Ship Skills and Reworked Pilot Sheet: Skills are now tied to ship classes, freeing players to choose their favorite ship design without sacrificing preferred abilities. The pilot sheet has also been reworked, no longer requiring you to purchase billions of logdisks, but instead, each level gives you a certain amount of points you will be able to spend.

Mines Overhaul: Mines have been overhauled to become more deadly. Players now have the ability to deploy multiple types of mines simultaneously.

Training Arena: Emphasising the word "Training" in the Training arena, players are able to train both with other players (Or, you can train with the group you gathered) and npcs of different difficulties.
This will be a great place to sharpen PvP skills, as even with no equipment gathered, every piece of elite equipment will be given to the player

Ranks and Competitive Mode: Ranks are now given a PvP meaning. No more 24/7 hades gates. The players will be able to get to a higher rank only through the competetive means. Of course, there are couple playlists - 1v1, 2v2 and 5v5 for proper mayhem.

Group Gate (Firefight Mode): The traditional Group Gate has been transformed into a new game mode, Firefight, offering solo or group play through waves of increasing difficulty with substantial rewards for successful completion.

Localizations in real time: Of course, what would be a game without multiple localizations! I plan on having at least the EN, TR, DE and CZ languages implented. Of course, this might change, so think of this as the minimum!

When is the launch?:
Currently, the server is only in testing phases, and is not open publicly.But do not worry, i believe we could be done by the end of the year! For now I have made this post primarily to create interest, and find new players willing to spend their time on testing the game. If you would like to participate but do not like testing, I am also looking for people willing to help with translations! Since unfortunately, AI is still not perfect .

If you fall into any of those two groups, please feel free to contact me on discord - dewenforcer

And for everyone else, feel free to check where i post updates regularly.

Thank you for your time spent reading this essay

TL;DR - Looking for testers and/or people who could help with translations for new HTML5 pserver. Contact - discord - dewenforcer.
Thanks
16 Users
Old 12/18/2023, 16:48   #2

elite*gold: 20
Glad to see you back here Dew!
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/18/2023, 17:01   #3

unique!
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/18/2023, 17:48   #4

letsgoo
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/18/2023, 22:19   #5

glad see somethink great can be come! Looking good.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/19/2023, 00:58   #6

looks great
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/19/2023, 23:42   #7

Impressive work! I can support with missing assets (old school especially) and info about the game's internals
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/20/2023, 08:50   #8

you can't show anything new
same as other private servers xd
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/20/2023, 12:51   #9

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaric View Post
All you do on this forum is spreading hate for no reason, go and do the **** better. Then you're allowed to talk again.
Old 12/20/2023, 13:09   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaric View Post
Hey "Gyula", thank you for the feedback. I am sad that you did not check the youtube channel or read the full post before posting your reply. If you did, you would definitely find the new stuff you are looking for:P
Old 12/20/2023, 16:56   #11

Let's start with who is Gyula?
xd
Old 12/20/2023, 17:15   #12

elite*gold: 286
Seems promising! Keep it up
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/23/2023, 22:55   #13

Wow !
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/24/2023, 06:13   #14

elite*gold: 100
Honestly after watching the videos gotta say it looks promising. Also removing the grindfest or the option to speed up the process by swiping your card really helps to attract more players. Lately ive been tempted to play DO again but i know i will end up tired after a few days so...

Anyway, good luck with your project
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/27/2023, 03:58   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimachok View Post
Hi everyone, hope you're having a pleasant day.

Jackpot and Jackpot Arena: The process of collecting jackpot currency remains mostly unchanged, though instead of being forced to collect bonus boxes, players can now gather jackpot in combat. Once a month, the server will be hosting the Jackpot Arena event, with the ability to win (for now) up to 100€, depending on how much jackpot an user has gathered. Of course, there are couple new rules, and the whole event will be streamed using spectator mode, to prevent a bunch of issues DO JPA encountered!
from the videos i get some "it just looks like darkorbit but it ain't it" feels, at least you got what made darkorbit attractive to people way back which is real money from pvp tournament until silly wannabe grouping destroyed it, the rest doesn't look that attractive to be dead honest, if i, a guy that hasn't played for years until bp sent me a free stuff email can ask myself "why should i play this outside the chance of making money?" you can bet that other players will ask themselves the same thing, with many things affecting their own answer whether they should play or not, from the ease of botting in the official server to old accounts having many "unique" items that they will put up for sale once they get a slap on the wrist from bp if they ever get caught red handed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThexLeviathan View Post
Lately ive been tempted to play DO again but i know i will end up tired after a few days so...
with the new packages and some clan bootlicking you can get the new do team's darkorbit items in matter of a few days, speedrunning 20 prometheus with quest doubler and the dominating mcc help is something a few people do, especially if you consider that some packages give out enough exp for level 18 and enough unstable lf4's to dish out some damage for a friendly price granted you don't slack on turkish payment abuse, i love china and i'm saying that because i don't wish to lose social credit score

the rest of the game is still utterly abysmal in everything as if it never moved away from 2013, at least they are lighter on the bot curbing to make player activity artificial, they often get some instability on a few servers thanks to that as logging 400 bot accounts for battlestation fights seem to be prime time routine if there is no silly clan politicking talks, rarely i've seen clan battlestations being attacked on GA, US2/MX is worse as many bot accounts suddenly pop up out of nowhere when the server is usually dead and you can't find a single soul on almost any map that isn't 5-3 or XBL.

happy holidays to anyone reading by the by
Thanks
2 Users