Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 23:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Looking for a team of enthusiasts "ue4 blueprint"

Discussion on Looking for a team of enthusiasts "ue4 blueprint" within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb Looking for a team of enthusiasts "ue4 blueprint"

Hello. I am looking for a team to develop a session-based multiplayer game in the DarkOrbit universe using the blueprint-based unreal engine 4.

I just recently started to study blueprint and as a person without programming experience it is very difficult for me. In particular, I had problems in the system of movement, capture of the target. After which I realized that I needed help to build basic mechanics and tools.
My design team and I are developing content for , but because of the transition DO to UnityWebGL, I would like to make my own project, create a team that will later grow into a game studio.

Question\answer:

Why is unreal engine 4? - the engine provides a flexible system * blueprint * as well as the possibility of a dedicated server, good graphics and an adequate license.

Why system blueprint? - the system is convenient for understanding, at any moment I or a freelance programmer will be able to change the values ​​or see the logic. This will help to remove the barrier between designers, vfx artists, and programmers, as well as keep the code in a supported working state.

Why in the universe DarkOrbit: - to save time and effort on conceptual moments, gameplay, models, etc.
To the same player it will be easier to adapt in a familiar environment. (Itís not worth worrying about copyright, the only thing that will fall is some ships, if the BP requires me, I will replace them this is not a problem)

Why session game? - for starters, it will be easier than creating an open world, writing a database, connecting it to a web hosting, etc. + The load on a dedicated server will be less, which saves the budget.

If everything works out, we can try our hand at other commercial projects.

About me
My name is Sergey, i'm 22 years old (sorry for my English)
I have a technical background. At one point, I realized that I wanted to learn something else, so I become cgi artist. This sphere is closely related to the advertising business, cinema, games and wherever there is content.

I understand that it would be logical to look for freelance programmers, but in this way not to create a team. Moreover, they are unlikely to understand the mechanics of DO

If you are interested or can help, contact me.
Discord: CGI Skyline#6964 (you can also find me through the SVM server discord)

Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/01/2020, 00:55   #2

have a look at something called pocket star ships, instead of having a clickable targeting system, maybe a stream of lasers, or a steam of constant light you can control in all directions and once it hits the ship it has a lock then switch to weapons maybe auto or manual.

Old 03/07/2020, 01:48   #3

I never see that work with the DO client, it looks great, gl
Old 04/02/2020, 20:55   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormkey View Post
have a look at something called pocket star ships, instead of having a clickable targeting system, maybe a stream of lasers, or a steam of constant light you can control in all directions and once it hits the ship it has a lock then switch to weapons maybe auto or manual.
Yes, this is not a bad idea, most likely I will implement it as one of the types of attacks.
since I already made a movement system

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajaxdxd View Post
I never see that work with the DO client, it looks great, gl
Thanks
Unfortunately, I froze the project due to the transition of Dark Orbit to Unity.
All efforts are devoted to creating their own game.
In the future, I plan to help private servers with a client version 10+ implement api mode.

« Offline Private Server | Discord: Group Finder for QZ/LOW/HADES »