Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 15:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Unknown Universe / Classical Darkorbit Reboot 🎄❄️⛄️

Discussion on Unknown Universe / Classical Darkorbit Reboot 🎄❄️⛄️ within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old 08/30/2017, 17:35   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Real- View Post
Why are you being a d...? Just give him a chance to prove you wrong....
Man we are not living in an ivory tower so truths must be told and I don't even make derogatory remarks so you better watch out
Old 08/30/2017, 18:12   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready*12 View Post
Man we are not living in an ivory tower so truths must be told and I don't even make derogatory remarks so you better watch out
It's funny watching you trashtalk while I'm compiling my releases ^^
If you're not interested in this server, you're free to leave.
I've reported all your posts
Thanks
3 Users
Old 08/30/2017, 18:36   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUMANDERBUHMAN View Post
It's funny watching you trashtalk while I'm compiling my releases ^^
If you're not interested in this server, you're free to leave.
I've reported all your posts
Uh, dude, I'm talking based on your prior projects and you'd failed, right? oh yes if we don't take that selling some files to the Turks into consideration yes you failed so what do you expect me to say? and you can simply rest assured that if you happen to fail at this you will fob those files off on Turkish boys again. Finally, learn to be open to criticism, I'm not obliged to flatter you, you are such a conceited
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/30/2017, 18:49   #19

Quote:
Uh, dude, I'm talking based on your prior projects and you'd failed, right? oh yes if we don't take that selling some files to the Turks into consideration yes you failed so what do you expect me to say? and you can simply rest assured that if you happen to fail at this you will fob those files off on Turkish boys again. Finally, learn to be open to criticism, I'm not obliged to flatter you, you are such a conceited
I'm actually very open to criticism and I've read all your posts, yet enough is enough. I did do some little jobs for turks and who actually didn't? That's my own private stuff and you shouldn't be conserned of it. Past projects have failed due to me being all alone and I've never had an actual team besides Unknown Universe & Shock Servers (2012-14). Read the topic all over again and you'll realize to I've coded all of this emulator and recoded it since last public beta in order to flatten out the bugs and all the unwanted stuff.

PS: Don't forget to I've mostly self taught myself to code and every project after ShockServers is coded by me and I've started coding exactly two years ago.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/30/2017, 18:57   #20

elite*gold: 32
Quote:
Shock do alot progress he work hard alone on server and doing best job and this server is Unknown Universe no shock servers or any other give him a chance.
Old 08/30/2017, 21:49   #21

elite*gold: 26
Shock let me play already okay thanks <3
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/30/2017, 22:57   #22

elite*gold: 156
Received Thanks: 1,896
Quote:
Criticism is fine but, as you admit yourself, you are talking about the past and not the present. Shock doesn't want this stuff in his topic, which is understandable, so discuss this via PM instead. Your one post at the beginning should be more than enough, no need to fill a second page with it.
Ofc posts about the current state of the server are still wanted.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 08/31/2017, 00:50   #23

Well, I guess you've been waiting for some actual status update.
I've managed to fix all the bugs today so I decided to add something new that some of you will appriciate (I guess)

PS: Had too weak ship to kill the cubi, hope I'll get a better one soon
Thanks
5 Users
Old 08/31/2017, 22:26   #24

Okay looks really nice so far.
But how is the reward system for killing npc`s i hope they dont give to much and not so less like in do, i prefer there a 2x scaling or 2,5 to make it not too easy.
Other question: Is there a working Auction?Is the RL working on the server when no when are u adding it? And final question is about gates, when?
Old 08/31/2017, 22:52   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by deppLOL View Post
Okay looks really nice so far.
But how is the reward system for killing npc`s i hope they dont give to much and not so less like in do, i prefer there a 2x scaling or 2,5 to make it not too easy.
Other question: Is there a working Auction?Is the RL working on the server when no when are u adding it? And final question is about gates, when?
I still haven't added rewards but I guess when I do add them they'll be dynamic like the rest of the server (easily changeable without the need of a restart).
There is a working auction.
RL is currently my 2nd priority, gotta finish something before it, yet if I continue coding at this rate it isn't far away. When there is more interest, I've more motivation to code and I code faster.
Gates are technically possible. The AI I've coded took me 2 months but it's able to support total aggressivity (just like on invasion & GG) and also a few more modes such as a mothership (Cubikon). I've to finish coding the Virtual Worlds though (different world means different npcs and players within same map system that can't interfer / interact between each other)
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/31/2017, 23:01   #26

Okay this sounds really nice so far.
U said RL is second priority, so whats the current one ur working on?

Btw ur a german right?
Old 08/31/2017, 23:16   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by deppLOL View Post
Okay this sounds really nice so far.
U said RL is second priority, so whats the current one ur working on?

Btw ur a german right?
Finishing all the rockets and their effects.

No, I'm Bulgarian.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/01/2017, 03:24   #28

elite*gold: 3800
The Black Market: 244/0/0
Received Thanks: 8,243
Quote:
Again Shock and again his " lovely " server... I shall talk frankly to you. I've been seeing you attempting to make a p-server since like 2014 and biting the dust at every turn...(the only server of yours that has prospered, was ShockServer coz you were teaming up with cryz35) The purpose of mine is not to stain your project but are you not tired of dealing with the private servers, looking for staff for a server that won't prosper at all, maybe it is because out of boredom I don't know but I'm of the opinion that no server can succeed as long as Oneultimate is up you know it is nearly a flawless server. So you should get this the project you are dealing with, will bite the dust. Perhaps you got to keep helping Turkish boys fix glitches and bugs and get some money in return
I saw the code of the emulator (both new and old client) and it's not too bad. I expected worse to be honest. I gave him a few tips he hopefully takes into consideration.

I told him that if I ever have the time for a private server, I'll definitely join and help out when it comes to the emulator and maybe even how things are stored in the database.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 09/02/2017, 02:40   #29

elite*gold: 33
It looks quite good, but sending and receiving packets plus a simple algorithm is fairly easy.
I am more concerned about performance. Most people know how to code easy-to-read algorithms, but performance is something most programmers do at the very end.
In case of servers this has to be - right after security - the most important thing.

How are you handling the clients ?

best regards,
Old 09/02/2017, 03:15   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technostar View Post
It looks quite good, but sending and receiving packets plus a simple algorithm is fairly easy.
I am more concerned about performance. Most people know how to code easy-to-read algorithms, but performance is something most programmers do at the very end.
In case of servers this has to be - right after security - the most important thing.

How are you handling the clients ?

best regards,
Actually I've put way more effort into performance than I've actually put into easy to read but if coded right it should both be easy to read and solid performance.
I'm handling the clients using a loop and tick each and every one of them per x ms. I didn't bother playing with threads and await but I've used it on a few places. I'll have to do a proper stress test soon to check if everything is as good as I hope it is.
Thanks
1 User