Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 13:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

DarkOrbit on the right direction?

Discussion on DarkOrbit on the right direction? within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old 06/02/2017, 16:04   #16

elite*gold: 17
Received Thanks: 1,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikola99 View Post
You guys remember when there was captcha authentication for every "x" number of boxes collected. Why not introduce that again, but make it pop up every 30 minutes etc.
It would not be too annoying, but it would make any bot useless.
What about NPC features in bots? ... Also captcha can be bypassed easily.
Old 06/02/2017, 16:18   #17

elite*gold: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjesh12 View Post
bot develops, evolves around what is needed. if you can only get more "items" by killing people. develops will eventually make bots that will kill people. it will be slow but it will get better.
I want to see a bot that kills every single JPA winner in the future. AI is so dumb and idiotic that it never ever can be on the level of human, especially when we're talking about flash game. So have fun for the developers. It will be fun, really fun. Oh, and send me a private message on epvp when it's done, I think I won't even exist anymore when that happens.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/02/2017, 19:47   #18

elite*gold: 0
The game just needs to go in a direction which doesn't resort to long-term grinds resulting in bots. Imo instead of items being scarce, but powerful, we need more variations of similar items, which are easier to obtain. It would remove the one item-per month system currently in place i.e. grind a tonne of hades for just ONE component.
Old 06/02/2017, 21:26   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by :thonking: View Post
I want to see a bot that kills every single JPA winner in the future. AI is so dumb and idiotic that it never ever can be on the level of human, especially when we're talking about flash game. So have fun for the developers. It will be fun, really fun. Oh, and send me a private message on epvp when it's done, I think I won't even exist anymore when that happens.
If a bot can beat the best GO player i'm pretty sure it can easy win DO battles, the thing is dark orbit bots are very primitive in general, very limited to just clicking on bonus boxes and clicking aliens then pressing ctrl, and sometimes also clicking in circles.

If you look at DOB though, it goes directly thru packets and flash isn't a thing, it no longer clicks at pixels it sees bonus boxes directly and can perfectly lock, circle, and do whatever it wants with aliens.

Bots don't do mistakes, bots don't fail to emp or cloack, bots never fail to lock. a bot will always win against a player unless the game isn't balanced (one player just has better equipment overall, or ship design etc), and while the "clicking all the skills and items at the correct times" can seem a very hard decision and very timing based i can guarantee you an AI that can work on nowadays' computers is perfectly able to learn how to pvp and how to use skills at the best possible times
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/02/2017, 22:05   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by -popcorn- View Post
If a bot can beat the best GO player i'm pretty sure it can easy win DO battles, the thing is dark orbit bots are very primitive in general, very limited to just clicking on bonus boxes and clicking aliens then pressing ctrl, and sometimes also clicking in circles.

If you look at DOB though, it goes directly thru packets and flash isn't a thing, it no longer clicks at pixels it sees bonus boxes directly and can perfectly lock, circle, and do whatever it wants with aliens.

Bots don't do mistakes, bots don't fail to emp or cloack, bots never fail to lock. a bot will always win against a player unless the game isn't balanced (one player just has better equipment overall, or ship design etc), and while the "clicking all the skills and items at the correct times" can seem a very hard decision and very timing based i can guarantee you an AI that can work on nowadays' computers is perfectly able to learn how to pvp and how to use skills at the best possible times
Shooter is very different thing than a point-and-click game. The equipment in DarkOrbit doesn't matter so much. Example half UFE player (5 Herc example, let's say, 17-20 LF-4) can win easily UFE player if they can play their cards right. What do you say about the DOB is also true, but gamesense is different. Bot's reaction time to certain thing will be always too slow.

Bots never fail to lock may be a thing, bots don't fail to emp or cloak. Yes, normal human can do this by missclicking. Bot's functionality can be good, but not sense. Human sense is that which matters more on that game than switching between RSB and EMP. It would require a lot to simulate a bot how to react certain things.

This game is more likely about tactics, not the reaction time (well a bit, but even if you were the best, you still lose) and shit like that. If you want to make your bot really good, you need to teach it everything.

EDIT: You also forgot configs. There's always counter for configs and counter configs to the counter configs. So basically you need to teach the bot also playing with the configs. Not only the locking speed, RSB switching, clicking EMP and ISH and so on will be good. DarkOrbit is not a game where you can one shot everyone, just like Idk did you meant Pokemon GO or CS:GO, but I assume it was CS:GO. There bots can just shoot you in the head like 0.005ms and you're dead, but their sense is bad, they can be still tricked very easily. Hard to compare two games that are really far from each other.
Old 06/02/2017, 22:19   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by :thonking: View Post
Shooter is very different thing than a point-and-click game. The equipment in DarkOrbit doesn't matter so much. Example half UFE player (5 Herc example, let's say, 17-20 LF-4) can win easily UFE player if they can play their cards right. What do you say about the DOB is also true, but gamesense is different. Bot's reaction time to certain thing will be always too slow.

Bots never fail to lock may be a thing, bots don't fail to emp or cloak. Yes, normal human can do this by missclicking. Bot's functionality can be good, but not sense. Human sense is that which matters more on that game than switching between RSB and EMP. It would require a lot to simulate a bot how to react certain things.

This game is more likely about tactics, not the reaction time (well a bit, but even if you were the best, you still lose) and shit like that. If you want to make your bot really good, you need to teach it everything.

EDIT: You also forgot configs. There's always counter for configs and counter configs to the counter configs. So basically you need to teach the bot also playing with the configs. Not only the locking speed, RSB switching, clicking EMP and ISH and so on will be good. DarkOrbit is not a game where you can one shot everyone, just like Idk did you meant Pokemon GO or CS:GO, but I assume it was CS:GO. There bots can just shoot you in the head like 0.005ms and you're dead, but their sense is bad, they can be still tricked very easily. Hard to compare two games that are really far from each other.
None of the things you mentioned can't be acheived by AI. It can do everything that you mentioned and more. There isn't an AI that knows how to play DO and manage configs, but it doesn't mean there can't be one. Anything in life is basically decision making, in dark orbit you make lots of decisions in a very small amount of time, but the decisions you take are "less important" (not really, but kinda) than what they could be in a game like go, but that doesn't mean an AI with enough training wouldn't be able to do it.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 06/02/2017, 22:31   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by -popcorn- View Post
None of the things you mentioned can't be acheived by AI. It can do everything that you mentioned and more. There isn't an AI that knows how to play DO and manage configs, but it doesn't mean there can't be one. Anything in life is basically decision making, in dark orbit you make lots of decisions in a very small amount of time, but the decisions you take are "less important" (not really, but kinda) than what they could be in a game like go, but that doesn't mean an AI with enough training wouldn't be able to do it.
My apologies, if I missed your point, but my point is that in my time when I live, there won't be such a thing (based on the future of DarkOrbit if the trend is like this). The enough will be a lot and even if you have trained already the bot, BP have updated the game with bunch of new stuff (so basically you're coming behind), unless the future provides something else to the programming.

I have seen an article where an AI that human created was better at creating AI's, but that's like only thing which I have seen. (And if I am sure, the AI was created by Google, lol )
Old 06/03/2017, 02:11   #23

A human can change his tactics during a fight, while an Ai, however good he is, will try to make the best decision for that moment, since trying to predict exactly what a human is going to do is practically impossible (Especially if he knows what he is fighting against).

Anyone with game ability can predict and induce a bot to do something (BECAUSE HE IS A BOT!)

This is my opinion.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/03/2017, 12:05   #24

Actually epvp community is the main thing ruining the game with all these bots bugs and $hit
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/03/2017, 12:46   #25

The solution I think is may be looking for an effective way to stop bots, then they should add new servers to give the chance to new players since it's impossible now for someone to like a game full of UFE players with insanely strong ships while he starts with a small Liberator.

And about the AI stuff, the current DO bots are just small softwares that analyses the packets or the screen pixels and do some limited tasks, with AI you can do anything humans can do, and more, Ibots can never forget what tasks they should do, and they are capable of taking right decisions in milliseconds, if you talking about configs, of course bots will not invent their own configs but the developer can precise which configs to use in every situation.
Old 06/03/2017, 13:45   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRACLE-OF-ALGERIA View Post
The solution I think is may be looking for an effective way to stop bots, then they should add new servers to give the chance to new players since it's impossible now for someone to like a game full of UFE players with insanely strong ships while he starts with a small Liberator.

And about the AI stuff, the current DO bots are just small softwares that analyses the packets or the screen pixels and do some limited tasks, with AI you can do anything humans can do, and more, Ibots can never forget what tasks they should do, and they are capable of taking right decisions in milliseconds, if you talking about configs, of course bots will not invent their own configs but the developer can precise which configs to use in every situation.
The idea of adding servers is kinda useless, since there's already 60+ servers and they're already going to merge them.

And yes, developer can precise which configs to use in every situation, but basically the bots need to change them (if you switch from NPC killing to player killing) and learn to use them. Some configs are better against some configs and so on, so it basically makes "impossible" to win every fighter out there. On top of that, the bot needs to learn the playing style, which in most cases changes in every match, so... it'll still take that much time that the BP has updated the game already and everything you did is useless.
Old 06/03/2017, 16:57   #27

What are we talking about here, AI that PvP for us? What's the point of playing the game then...
Anyways every game has his own bots and it will always be like this. In some cases they affect the gameplay more than in others; box/alien bots are not the big problem here. I'd rather let them be strong and have some good fights than killing noobs :/.

Since the game is M.M.O. Clans should have more importance than the single player, group fights are much funnier and more collaboration is needed; wins the best squad even if the other squad has the best PvPer.
More diversity is needed in game where players can specialize in something. Everyone uses his full goliath in solo or in outfit, when I think a group should have different ships like a healer(e.g. aegis) tank(e.g. citadel) dps/fast(e.g.pusat) etc. , either PvP or PvE (examples are just of what we have in game, the rest is an owerall idea).

Currency in game: Credits, they have their use but it's really tiny in comparison to what you can do with Uri; Uridium, everything is obtainable with uri (now almout everything) and you can buy it with real money!
plus prices are very high for what Uri costs, and this is the big problem!
...but they keep saying it's fair...OK,; I thought i was playing a videogame not on the roulette machine.

Creativity: like someone else said before me, it's low. what we have so far: hammerclaw, it's an upgrade of aegis, wow! cyborg, it's an upgrade of venom, wow!wowo! mimesis is the only one a bit different with new abilities, if they add also the 3D effect of the lasers would be cool. LF4 for pve/pvp it's not a bad idea though, I heard it the first time form OP on discord. HP lasers?? WTF is this?! So next time Shields gen. will give Laser Power bonus? make sense!

Game balance: it's horrible...

Items inGame: 10% of the items are worth something, the rest it's just rubbish. The pet pregression with Gears and Protocols is a good option (*half good) to test on other items. But instead of bying starter items with uridium you get them alongside the progression as quest rewards etc. Otherwise no-one will spend uri/money for obsolte items.

StoryLine:

there is so much to do to build an account that no-one gets time for that. I never read it but I suppose it's shit and time in this game is money so...BP reward us for reading your story XD

My solution: #fuckoffBP
And who gives me back my botting time now for writting this? :/

Thanks
3 Users
Old 06/03/2017, 17:28   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akr3p_ View Post

My solution: #fuckoffBP
And who gives me back my botting time now for writting this? :/

Are you telling me that you can't bot while you're here? xD
Old 06/03/2017, 17:30   #29